Braid is out on XBLA.....amazing game...

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by LiQuiD6, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

Saying Braid's gameplay is deep is like saying Prince of Persia's gameplay is deep.

N+ is deeper than this game. Maybe we just have different concepts on what deep is, I think it's simplistic.

The story to the game is what makes it deep, not the gameplay. I've never played a game and said "Wow, the gameplay and the mechanics of this game are so deep."
    test
  2. Langford

Langford New Member

unique looking game. i like the graphics.

i've read good things about it. i'll try it if it comes to PS3
    test
  3. Matches T. Malone

Matches T. Malone Registered Playboy

The game was great...and frustrating. took me a while to figure out 3 puzzle pieces out of the 50 or so. now i got to fine the hidden stars for the alternate ending, cuz i'm not fond of interpretive endings, but nice twist.

getting castle crashers next and eventually dishwasher.

I think he's getting gameplay confused or including the storyline as part of the gameplay, not meaning the mechanics specifically.

but yea, i can see if they mean the story being deep.
    test
  4. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

there are things such as deep gameplay..

take the first halo game for example, there are certain spots on certain maps that if you stand on certain EXACT positions, your teammates will spawn in specific locations to get you out of jams.. then there are certain position your opponents can stand to get you spawning into a small location they want..

weapons spawned on a certain timer and so did powerups.. strategies were built around that..

or throwing flags/oddballs AND melee'ing it so that it can go a bit further.. that's what DEEP game play is..

another example could be shadowrun.. where you can click money to teammates and distribute the cash system and have certain builds, and where if you're the last one alive on your team and die with say only a pistol, you take away money advantages from your opponent compared to if you have a minigun.. and you can counter each magic or tech in multiple ways.. that's deep..
    test
  5. Langford

Langford New Member

virtua fighter 4 is also deep
    test
  6. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

More or less glitches?

I didn't know strategies were that deep, I'm sorry.
    I considered it complex, and I'm sticking by that.

Which sounds better?
    That strategy is deep.
    That strategy is complex.
    -I consider Shadowrun complex, not deep.

I'm just saying gameplay mechanics are not deep, they can be complex.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.