Boxing - Who Are Your Current Five Favorite Fighters?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by RawlyPiFF, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

yeah but the fact that he ducks every single fight that poses a potential challenge to him and has been doing it for years does. the dude hand picks fights that he knows he wont lose, or even get punched in the face....hes a fraud. wouldnt rematch jose luis castillo (who many feel was robbed) ducked margarito for years, waited for mosley and oscar to get old, fought jmm old and came in overweight for it, and is now ducking pacqiaauo, and forget about him fighting paul williams it aint even a chance that the coward takes that challenge.
    test
  2. Sab Judah

Sab Judah Pupating

I wouldn't call Floyd a coward. He's definitely one of the best ever and he knows it, but he also knows that being undefeated is his ticket to fame and he could lose at anytime to a lesser opponent and become a victim of boxing. He's not that must see fighter like a Tyson who could fight next weekend and earn a shitload. Boxing's a ton of politics, and the dude wants some upper hand. I'm sure he'd probably like the freedom to lose like Robinson had, but it doesn't exist anymore.

It's a lot like Fedor's situation in mma, except there's a little less to lose in mma.
    test
  3. RawlyPiFF

RawlyPiFF Boom Pow

All you guys that hate on Floyd always come with the same complaint, he ducks fighters blah blah blah blah.

The man's about money and I can't blame him, you're getting into a ring with another professional Boxer and every time you do so, you're taking a huge risk, no one knows what could happen. He picks the fights that will bring the most money.

Have you seen Floyds fight? Do you honestly give a chance to anyone you'd like to see him fight? Seriously? Paul Williams? Margarito? Paul leaves himself too damn open and He'd put a boxing Clinic on Margarito, he's too damn slow.

He did rematch Castillo, he beat him decisively and if you actually score the 1st fight, you'll see he actually did enough to pull off the win. It was by no means pretty but he did win.

Now everyone is calling Mosley "Old" when not too long ago people were praising him for knocking out Margarito badly. Then Floyd completely dominates him and now "He's old" that's some straight hater shit right there.

Yea he fought an OLD Oscar, so did Manny, why? Money.
    Why he fought JMM? Money. Coming back from a lay off.

Everyone fails to realize that the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight will happen regardless. Too much money involved. If you don't see what Mayweather is doing to hype this fight up so damn much you must be blind. This is all one big promotion on Floyd's part and once the fight gets made at some point next year, it'll be bigger than any UFC or Boxing event in probably the last 20 years.
    test
  4. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

Obviously a hater.. Get your facts straight first dummy.. He immediately rematched Castillo and beat the shit out of him injury free. He tried to get a fight with Mosley and DLH years before he was Money May.. They didnt fight him for the same reason he "ducked" Margarito.. He wasnt a big enough draw at the time.

And he'd beat the shit out of JMM at any age.. Thats the only move I hate that he made.
    test
  5. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

And, it wasnt Mayweather that fell thru on the first negotiations. He catered to all of Pacquaios demands, only stipulation he had was drug testing.. Who's ducking who?
    test
  6. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

anyways, back to thread topic

1. Martinez
    2. Juanma
    3. Mayweather
    4. JMM
    5. Maidana
    test
  7. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

you guys keep mentioning its all about money. ok well thats fine, but dont talk to me about the greatest fighter of all time status when hes not fighting the 3 clearcut biggest threats in the division. williams, paq, and margarito and these have been the 3 for years now

the excuse of money is fine, its logical, and its legit. but when you speak of the best of all time you cant put him in it till he fights at least 1 or 2 of these dudes.
    test
  8. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

margarito? hes considered one of the biggest threats in the division? is this before or after we realized he was using some type of plaster in his gloves? what got him caught was someone noticing a different color than usual in his wraps (if i remember right), and people have vouched it had been seen before many other fights hes had.. so i dont get how people still consider him anywhere near a "threat" when at least half his fights are in question now.. lets watch how his career plays out with his spot bein blown.
    test
  9. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

Mayweather is top 20 maybe top 15, regardless if he fights those guys or not. Margarito shouldnt even be in the discussion.
    test
  10. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

I also hate that he didnt fight Cotto before he took his little break. At least Cotto had a following, everybody else in the division was a nobody.. He couldve easily outboxed him. He shouldve been the one to hand him his first loss.
    test
  11. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I almost forgot, I love Gamboa as well.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.