Boxing: black trunks and red leather gloves, fast feet and frozen hands - a Look Back

Discussion in 'Lipstick Gallery' started by Radium, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

i guess we will see when the pride of wales clowns RJJ in september

what will be the excuse roy was old?

or better yet when kelly beats hopkins all over the ring like the old man he is...im sure we can use the same excuse there too.
    test
  2. Pistol Petee

Pistol Petee Pussy Eater

lmao stfu...jermaine taylor is garbage you say pavlik beat him like its really doing something

im sorry dude and this is the last time im going to reply to you because you are making this more of a race thing and im looking at it through the eyes of a person who just loves the sport...pavlik is not a legend...could he fuck with hearns if both of them were in their prime ???...calzaghe is not a legend...could he fuck with hagler if both of them were in their prime ???....ask yourslef that question....im not saying they arent good but this thread is for the cream of the crop...the hnic's...the superbowl...the masters...the triple crown

pavlik and calzaghe are good but compared to these cats they are just middle of the road

stay classy
    test
  3. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

id even give you pavlik

if you follow the sport then you know cal has been the boss for over 10 years and yes i think he would give haggler all he could handle in his prime

great quick hands, solid power, incredible stamina and a strong chin

pavlik is good like i said, hes not legend status yet

cal is a legend and if you disagree then we just disagree , but youre wrong
    test
  4. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

once again.......thats IRRELEVANT to what i said....so why you bringing it up?

yea his victory was taken away by steele....doesnt change anything in this convo
    test
  5. LiQuiD6

cal isnt no boss.....he was a boss over in europe maybe....but he never stepped up to the big leagues to face american fighters...let alone the super middleweight division has been one of the least talented divisions in the past years..its mostly a transitional weightclass or an ending weightclass for many that jump in as welters.....the last time 168 had good fighters..was when cal beat eubanks...when james toney was still in the division.....since then there hasnt been anything popping in that weightclass......so being a boss of bums isnt something to be proud about.

cal isnt isnt even top 10 of the best fighters in the last 20 years....hes good though....but he aint no legend yet...thats due to lack of quality opponents...regardless of how many title defenses he has....even after defeating hopkins......hopkins career > calzaghe

and dont bring up anything regarding me liking hopkins.....cause i dont....as a matter of fact i picked calzaghe to win over bhop

dlh and trinidad did way more for the sport in AND out of the ring then calzaghe

the way i see it...pavlik would fuck calzaghe up something serious...cal doesnt want that fight...

in no particular order:
    holyfield, tyson, morales, barrera, mayweather, trinidad, hopkins, de la hoya, julio cesar chavez, sugar shane, sweet pea, roy jones, james toney, lennox lewis, pacman, winky > calzaghe
    test
  6. Pistol Petee

Pistol Petee Pussy Eater

what the fuck you mean its irrelevant ??? we are talking about the win...atleast thats what i been talking about...you talking about the mans career...and i dont think chavez beat him so bad he fucked his career...thats foolish

conversation over
    test
  7. CaTchW0n

CaTchW0n New Member

Taylor was hurt, Chavez got his ass beat! Down the line in the end Taylor never did recover from that lost and never was the same. Its shame the title was took away from him like that though. Chavez was a great champion but he wouldnt won that bout if Steele didnt stop it.
    test
  8. LiQuiD6

its irrelevant cause I never talked about the win and you responded DIRECTLY to me...The conversation never began cause you talkin bout some other shit i wasnt even talkin bout....so you aint end shit....you wasnt in the conversation to begin with...

the whole point of my post was...chavez lost...but taylor was physically the beaten fighter....thats all...

now the convo is over
    test
  9. Pistol Petee

Pistol Petee Pussy Eater

the conversation was over when you said taylor got robbed
    test
  10. Radium

Radium f k

I wrote a essay one time about Chavez/Taylor 1

What a tragedy. That single fight ruined Meldrick Taylor not just as a fighter but as a human being. Before having his soul taken by Julio Cesar Chavez he had everything. He was the fastest, quickest, most promising fighter in the whole of the sport. There may have never been or never will be again another fighter who could string together combos as quick and as dazzling as he did. After that fight he was a shadow of his former self.

He lost to C level fighters here and there and became relegated to an undercard fighter instead of a headliner. Not to mention being brutally KO'd by JCC once again in their rematch in even worse fashion.

Meldrick was never going to be the same again after a fight like that win or lose. The least they could have done was given him the dignity of victory. So that he could have at least been given the honor knowing the feeling of being a champion despite losing everything in the process. He spent his whole career chasing that moment that was stolen from him. It caused him to fight way beyond his physical prime and take numerous beatings. He was a chasing shadows...

These days Meldrick suffers from horrible pugilistica dementia....He can barely even speak...
    test
  11. LiQuiD6

nigga the conversation wasnt about taylor getting robbed..the convo was about chavez fucking him up....From my first reply to you

so wtf you talkin bout nigga? ....strawman ass nigga
    ..shut the fuck up already...tryin to win an arguement no one is even argueing about
    test
  12. LiQuiD6

basics....
    test
  13. Radium

Radium f k

look at this nigga mark eaton trying throw out things he read on joe calzaghe's wikipedia. nigga joe calzaghe was a shadow, a nobody during the mid 90's super middleweight and middleweight golden era.

He would have been killed by James Toney and Roy Jones Jr the true kings of that division. If only they stayed there instead of moving up to the light heavyweight division nobody would even know who Joe Calzaghe is because he would have either been viciously KO'd by them or ducked them his entire career as they consumed every belt in sight.
    test
  14. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

wouldda wouldda wouldda

cal was also 23 in the mid 90's

let me know how his next fight goes k?

and i didnt read dick about anything on wikipedia, but thanks for the compliment
    test
  15. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Last I hear, he was gaining weight and about to make a comeback, but then did something that landed him in prison...

and within a short time he knocked someone out boxing in the prison. lol
    test
  16. Great Tiger

Great Tiger The Tantric TKO

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.