Bowflex

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by LiveFromThe781, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

is that shit any good?
    test
  2. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

I have never tried it but people say its good for gr•••••rs and boxers...it wont pack on the monster muscle but it will make yur muscle more flexibile and gives you good overall workouts.
    test
  3. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Bowflex is for 60 year olds who want to prolong their life by working out but have not the slightest clue of what to do.
    test
  4. LiveFromThe781

word cause i was talkin wit my boys bout it, and thought it might be ill to have since theres no room in my house for bench presses n shit and gyms are expensive as fuck. you could get like 5 people to throw down on a bowflex and put it in a closet and just use it whenever.
    test
  5. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

I used one in a hotel once. It was aight I got bored real quickly.
    test
  6. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

i got a bowflex lol.. its good at first cuz u get all excited and u work out but then u dont get any motivation and it starts collecting dust. i use it maybe once every 2 weeks but i started going to the gym again because i can exhaust the muscles a lot better with real weight, and once again the motivation factor. when u go to the gym and see everyone around u working out, it sorta fuels your energy level to hit the weights even harder. working out at home is not a good idea. too many distractions, tv, computer, cell phone, fridge.
    test
  7. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

I hate going to the gym when its packed with girls its distracting lol...I almost dropped weight when This girl was doing though thigh machine oh man she had some thick thighs and huge tits in her sports bra she was a thick thick latina and she just kept opening and closing her legs looking sexy...well i popped a boner and i dropped my dumbell it was a reaction to sit down to hide my boner and I almost dropped it on my foot.
    test
  8. Snow Turd

Snow Turd New Member

It's the biggest peice of shit ever.

Shit is one way and fuckin gay. Resistance upwards but downwards it ain't shit.

Shit is for losing weight anyway, not strength.

Overall: WHACK.
    test
  9. LiveFromThe781

but it has to be good if Chuck Norris endorses it.
    test
  10. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

vote-free weights
    test
  11. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

LMAO AOMFG

u lucky fuck i would have gotten her # if i was you. cause when was the last time i seen a thick woman with thick thighs and big tits? shits rare as fuck..

the gym i go to is packed with yugo, russian and arab dudes..no women except a few in the ladies area..
    test
  12. style-rip

chuck endorses total gym, which is similar to the bowflex because they both dont use real weights..

gym >> bowflex > total gym
    test
  13. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

your not focused then, i do it at home and i watch t.v. inbettween sets.
    test
  14. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

fuck all that home gym shit its all the same... you'll use it for a month and drop it. there is no way it can ever compare to going to the gym. trust me, going to the gym is 50 times more worth it.

i have an excellent home gym that i used for about a year when i was 17-18. used it 3 times a week as hard as it was to motivate myself when all it involved was going in my basement and doing a 20 minute work out. i saw some changes, but it doesnt compare to what even a couple months do in the gym. you can continue to switch up your routines and you pay as much as the home gym in about 2 years + of going to the gym. DEFINATELY better for your money.

trust me. nothing compares to going to the gym. home work outs will never work as well as just getting up and getting to the gym. the whole environment is just better and easier to push yourself more than you would when your working out in your living room. plus theres fine bitches at the gym. cant go wrong there.
    test
  15. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

i got one, and i use it every day

it wont pack on muscle like free weights but its still great and will sculpt the shit outta you. best bet is going to the gym for an hour, and than using a bowflex for a hour later in the day

oooo bwoy youll be brolick as fuck ina week
    test
  16. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

ok.... now... i've actually tried one before at a friend house.

basically what i can tell is there's plenty of resistance to get into the rep/set level you are looking for.

the exercises lack tho.. it's not the same.. you arne't gonna be able to do push movements... the leg exercises are choppy and definately only like two exercises you can do with its leg extension and leg curl station.

i was asking a guy what he did for triceps on it, and he said he just would use a chair and do dips.

i'm sure you could do pushdowns or tricep extensions if you wanted.

i don't know.. i'd rather just be in a gym. it's less expensive and you can lift real weight.
    test
  17. style-rip

what i like about real weight as opposed to the bowflex is that in real weight.. u have to use your stabilizer muscles to stabilize the weight.. so yer working more of your body this way. on the other side, u dont put pressure on your joints with resistance training
    test
  18. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

ya thats why i sold my smith machine! It broke and after i fixed it I sold it because I thought my bench was powerful! I was benching like 195 3 times on the smith machine and then when I went to the gym I told my friend to put like 200 on their and he did and that shit almost dropped on me cause I couldnt hold it still....that was the scariest shit lol I was like helpppp!!!! and the whole gym paused.

So now I am trying to slowly build up my bench strength with free wieght bench press.

because it helps you use and stabilze the weight meaning your more powerful and your body is stronger.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.