Bottom line America was founded as a christian cuntree

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by lyricalpriest, Mar 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

test
  2. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press..." - 1st amendment

"As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion,-as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen..." - Treaty of Tripoli

Definitely.
    test
  3. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

test
  4. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

test
  5. lyricalpriest

test
  6. x calibur

x calibur

The US isn't a Christian nation exactly, but Christianity and the Bible had a very strong influence on our founding and development.
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

The vision of it was. Being a nation under God. But didn't really keep to the Christian sentiments as it went on.
    test
  8. lyricalpriest

what the country is and what it's founded on r not the same. but if u watch the video u'll be informed ..
    test
  9. The Steve

No.

5characters.
    test
  10. The Steve

Yes.

5characters
    test
  11. lyricalpriest

i agree w/ xcalli and BP as well..

steve is just a silly atheist.. atheist humor is the most funny imo
    test
  12. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

we weren't 'one nation under god' until the cold war
    test
  13. lyricalpriest

Although it goes back furthur, In the around 1950s religion took a predominance in being actively included in government.

The Pledge of Allegience was changed in 1954 to include 'Under god'

and although it was put on coins back in the 1860s, 'In god we trust' was not officially to be put on all coins until 1952. The star spangled banner was written in 1812 and also includes the phrase.

There are several factors that usually cause a resurgence in religion in this country that have happened over the years. Strife, war, crisis. Particularly in the 1950s was the want to separate outselves from the 'atheist communist soviets'

Its always been there,

July 4, 1776

It's in the first sentence.

From the Declaration of Independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

The First Amendment provides for Freedom of Religion, which in the original context meant no religion would hold precedent or be preferred by the Government over another (including atheism). In other words, if you are Christian, your Creator is Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. If you are Jewish, your Creator is Jehovah. Muslim, your Creator is Allah. I presume if you are atheist, your Creator is your mom and dad.

However .. The core values, laws, and liberties are partly based upon (or find their sources in) Judao-Christian values and beliefs. This happens in both a direct sense and an indirect sense (indirectly in that the Constitution borrows heavily from English law, which in turn is based on Judao-Christian values).

Notice that there is a subtle but important difference between these two statements, yet they are not mutually exclusive ideas.
    test
  14. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i dont know how much of the law is actually based on judeo-christian values, my guess is very little, unless you give jews credit for anti-murder/theft/rape/ etc laws based on their ten commandments, which is a stretch since societies already recognized things like theft, murder etc as bad prior to the commandments given to moses.

the declaration of independence references 'god' quite a bit, but the declaration of independence is also, for all modern purposes, absolutely meaningless. the founding fathers made the constitution the ruling document which explicitly stated their stance on religious based law in the first amendment. so they were christians who believed in secular law.

i wont deny that this country was founded by christians (for the most part) so that makes it a christian nation in the same way that it is a white nation.
    test
  15. The Steve

The references to God is in a generic way, it's not referring to any specific deity.

And lyrical priest you're one of the dumbest fucking people on a site filled with stupid people, congratulations.
    test
  16. lyricalpriest

i'm by far, not the most stupid poster on site.

lol @ the atheist getting offensive..

and yes, it's quite common knowledge the judeo-christian laws we have are what they are.

the law of moses came to play before a "society" could make proper decision's on what's acceptable and what isn't. the law of moses was the first documented implantation of the jewish law.. the first law to ever be established in man kinds history if im not mistaken.
    test
  17. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

LP is so annoying when he posts other people opinions.....

either have one yourself and articulate it or keep mute on the subject.....

Im no expert....seems like a up and down relationship with Christianity....

Puritans came here to escape religious persecution.....

Obviously Europe being mostly Christian and most people in the colony being Christian, Christian morals were adopted into laws....but thats not really what makes America a Christian country.....

Obviously as time has gone on and Politicians have tried to pander to various peoples religious rhettoric gets thrown around, some of these people become Presidents and/or powerful people....but again just because they are using religion as a political tool doesnt make the basis of the country religious.....

PEACE
    test
  18. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

Im quite sure that the Constitution is based on English Common Law which actually predates the introduction of Christianity to the Anglo-Saxons by a couple Centuries, at least according to Thomas Jefferson.
    test
  19. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i know its become somewhat of a trend to pay lip service to our 'judeo-christian' values by politicians, but they aren't sincere. they're just basically trying to pander to religious groups in order to get votes. there are a few laws that people might vote on religiously... i.e. abortion, gay marriage, etc. but the vast majority of laws are based around the idea of a functioning society rather than any kind of holy wisdom or morality. democracy/capitalism are not christian ideals either... in fact the jesus of the bible would seem to be diametrically opposed to capitalism, anti-war, etc etc. if jesus were alive today he'd probably be labeled 'anti-american' by the same folks currently chanting his name

ummmm... no. societies back then already had laws against theft, murder etc. moses was not the first one. look up ancient egypt or sumeria.
    test
  20. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Hammurabi's Code was the first written set of laws.....before Moses
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.