Boston Celtics > your franchise.

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by DannyC, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

i agree.

the celtics arent the shit. they were the shit.
    test
  2. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

lol what are your team makes you say wow we're gonna be the beast of the east.

E••••ally when you have players like wade bron in the east and not even at their primes yet.

Lakers have kobe who is still fairly young. What exactly do you have?
    test
  3. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

wtf is up with this thread? laker fans are notorious for randomly boasting about their team's past success as well, as some sort of defense mechanism for their team's current mediocrity. so i'm assuming that's what the purpose of this meaningless thread is.
    test
  4. chickenwang

lol at the celtics having back to back 1 seeds. assuming al jefferson turns into elton brand and gerald green is t-mac, then yes. but in all likeliehood when gerald green is travis outlaw and al jefferson is mike sweetney, the celts will still be struggl-ING to get in the playoffs, and the lakers will just flat out suck too.
    test
  5. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

Don't get me wrong, Paul Pierce is an animal and the Celtics are somewhat the envy of the league with the superb drafting job Danny Ainge has done...

BUT, we're talking about the Lakers. The biggest market. The team who will have the chance to land the biggest free agents just on their name alone. They'll have a ton of cap room in the 2007 offseason and you know they will spend it.

They have the best player in the NBA and the greatest coach in our league-- by comparison the Celtics have one of the worst coaches. [funny] I believe the Lakers have a very good chance to rise back to greatness within this decade.

I think the Celtics have a great young core, but saying they'll be the number one seed within 4 seasons is a stretch.
    test
  6. G-Rob da great

Replace the words "laker fans" with "celtic fans" and you have it.

Unless Danny C is in his 30's or 40's, he wasn't even alive or able to fully enjoy the Celtics when they were by far the best the NBA had to offer.

They have a ton of prestige and banners in the rafters, but fact of the matter is their fans continually latch on to history because there's next to nothing for them to be excited about now or in the recent past.
    test
  7. G-Rob da great

My bad.

I think the Celtics had good teams back in the day, they have a lot of HOF's, but the competition level was lower and I hate when their fans latch on to all the rings when they won EIGHT of them in a row. It's kind of like when Bulls fans jump into the best franchise conversation when all they had in reality was a great team because without the Jordan-Pippen era they're nothing.

I just think the Lakers are better because they've been more consistently a good team throughout the NBA's lifespan.
    test
  8. chickenwang

i was saying that laker fans, as well as celtic fans, dwell in the past. i hear it all the time on the radio. radio statations out here on the westcoast love their 80's lakers, lasorda dodgers, and their 2pac, and they make sure that everyone else knows about it.
    test
  9. G-Rob da great

Yeah, my only thing is that at least Laker fans can relate to a championship/dynasty in recent history. A lot of Celtic fans are latching on to an era that happened before they were born.. or before they even hit preschool. Wtf. No disrespect to the Celt fans in their 30's and above.
    test
  10. Sawred

Sawred New Member

a couple of u fools murdered danny_C hahaha i can see his gay ass holding up a sign at a game 16>2 celtics, than the celtics getting owned by who ever they play because the suck....

fuck when i think basketball, celtics are 1 of the last teams I think about, they r fucking garbage
    test
  11. wilmer deryou

wilmer deryou New Member

^^ hahah your funny...this kid is a funny comedian

but anyways....your not funny..i was joking your actually an idiot becuz that made no sense
    test
  12. Sawred

Sawred New Member

aight dumb ass, let me break it down so you can understand

a couple of u fools murdered danny_C
    G-Rob da great, purple haze
    hahaha i can see his gay ass holding up a sign at a game 16>2 celtics,
    the atlanta braves used to play in boston as well as smaller american football conference teams

can i use them too?

bottom line of this thread is

Celt's - 16
    Knicks - 2

buhbye
    than the celtics getting owned by who ever they play because the suck....
    look at there record this year 30-43 under 500%

fuck when i think basketball, celtics are 1 of the last teams I think about, they r fucking garbage

since u can't understand much i will break this down for you as well faggot, if someone asked me whent hey say basket ball teams, who comes to mind, i would immediatly say bulls or lakers, i wouldnt even remember the celtics existed...

aight now shut the fuck up u dumb shit
    test
  13. wilmer deryou

wilmer deryou New Member

^^ you dont get laid much or dont know basketball

cuz whe i think great basketball teams i think

lakers
    celtics
    bulls
    spurs
    pistons

maybe rockets or knicks

but who else is basketball would come to mind ^^ cuz beside the knicks these are the only teams to win the tittle since the early 80's

so this thread is gay...but sone is homo cuz he's trying to diss the celtics but the celtics are trying to build a franchise there young of course there gonna have struggles..you know how many games they lost by 1..2..3 points the celtics could have like 17 wins and 17 less losses if they weren't so young and stupid..this is gonna be a good team
    test
  14. Sawred

Sawred New Member

just shut the fuck up, i already pointed out how fucking stupid you are...you now revert to saying the thread is just dumb....get a education im done with you...you are now in the ignore list for being a obvious net herb
    test
  15. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

76ers in 1983
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.