Book Cover

Discussion in 'Lipstick Gallery' started by _Rex_, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

Haaaataaaaaz

Gotta luv em
    test
  2. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

Yeah... your music was so insightful.

Do you use the word 'haaaaataaaaz' in your book?

and that's the excuse they all use "i didn't want to go the direction they wanted me to go"....

which a&rs did you meet with? Your music was ass, and wouldn't make it to the second floor. I'm not trying to be a haaaaataaaaa... i'm just being honest with you.

you bullshitted your entire 'about the author' section and it still turned out shitty. That's bad.

you should write a book over how to decorate your childrens room like a dinosaur lounge.
    test
  3. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

Idunno, Meta's up to somethin'. He's beentalkin' about it for a couple years now, whatever it is.

I know I'm a lot further along than you've gotten, rex. And all you can do is talk a whole lotta unnecessary shit.

Doesn't look good on you.
    test
  4. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

Stop clownin'. I'm poised to start businesses/production companies/labels and am making the connections. (and btw, I'm only 30 and have been for about a week now! lol)

But you're right. You ARE a lot further than Rex would have been. I don't know anyone who travels the country to get a deal. Has this dude ever heard of mail??!? Phones? What, was he in a horse and carriage up on sunset going to Death Row records??!?

Anyways, keep at what you do. Don't get there by hatin', tho. You saw where it got rex. 7 pages of why his cover sucks. The only captive audience he has and they hate him.

Honey, not vinegar, and triton and mo racks.
    test
  5. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

nigga i wasnt even CLOWNIN U

lmao omg..

i said no offense cuz i meant it

lmao jesus have mercy
    test
  6. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

All four of you belong on ignore.
    test
  7. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

lmao @ u editin ya post
    test
  8. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

test
  9. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

I'm just tryin to figure out why my name is all through this reply to Meta.
    Did I say something to you? Let me get this straight, Meta insults you by making fun of your age and you react to him insulting you by insulting me and complimenting him?

Yall are too weird.
    test
  10. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

And yea, I edited that one too. ^^
    test
  11. x - calibur

x - calibur Guest

just peeped it

title fits.. that is smooth. its got that crossin the GW r&b feel

u already know what it is though, good luck with ur craft
    test
  12. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

lol i run out of title names, i got about 45 other beats with similar names

"so smooth, so smoove, so smooth 2, so smoothness " etc lol

but thanks, i appreciate the love.
    test
  13. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

The beat sounds like something you'd hear in a Final Fantasy game.
    The lyrics are boo-boo. I'm so tired of hearin people brag about how ill they are from the start. That shit is so played out. "I'm ill. You aint got it like me. I'm real. You aint really real like me. I'm the best. I'm the shit. I'm the greatest."

Rise above that stupidity. Watch the news. Try to see beyond New York to REAL issues. Write on Global Issues. There's a MASSIVE movement among women around the world . . . do some research on shit that's happening in India and Asia. Study what women are fighting for in the Middle East and the Equality that women still lack here in the United States.

NEVER make music for the fellas. Make your music for the WOMEN. WOMEN buy albums.
    Once a woman is your fan, she'll remain your fan forever. She'll be buying your music twenty years from now. WOMEN! Remember that. Stop writing shitty ass rhymes for men's approval.

You can study music all day long but if you don't open up some books and read, analyze what's happening in the news and around the world and apply it then you aint gonna even make it, nevertheless last. The world is moving towards ONE System. If you want to survive you need to be ahead of the rest. The others will be sucked in by the tide.

People don't want to hear that braggin ass nonsense anymore. The only reason they still listen to it is because nobody is willing to step outside of it. Soon as somebody does, it's over with.

You DO have a great voice for Hip Hop though and your delivery is on point.
    During the next couple years you'll notice your voice will get a little deeper so keep that in mind now when you make music.
    test
  14. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

Oh, and next time you think you're in a position to give advice on a Bio - Don't have something like this on your website:

"Born in Brownsville, Brooklyn. Raised in Brooklyn 'til 11, then I moved to Richmond Hill, Queens. From 12 - 14, I moved to various parts of Queens including, Baisley, Rockaway, South Ozone Park, and Ozone Park. I was raised in the church. I was the drummer of my father's church from the ages of 7 - 11. From 12 - 14, I played the drums for my mother's church. When I hit fourteen, I got into music theory and production. Taught myself the keys, and theory, among other things. One year into my training, I picked up the name Meta. Meta meaning: "Transcending... beyond... above". From then on I was known as Meta. As I developed my style of music, and style of rapping, I attached the word 'Mayne' (Maine). Later on, Maestro was added. My main influences are Quincy Jones (which I was named after). Jay-Z, Jaz-O, and Royce Da 5'9. From 16 - 19, I moved from Brooklyn, to Bronx, to Mount Vernon...areas include: East New York, Brooklyn; and Dyre Avenue, Bronx. While in Bronx, I went into serious training, learning my theory, and piano. Right now, I reside in Jamaica, Queens and I'm taking up the guitar, learning all aspects of the Piano, and music theory. I'm the coolest nigga you'll ever meet."

Damn near every sentence starts with "I" - "I" - "I"
    This is how it should read:

"Born and raised in Brownsville, Brooklyn; Quincy began playing drums in his father's church at the age of seven. At the age of twelve he began playing for his mother's church and moved from various areas in Queens, New York. Living in Baisley, Rockaway, South Ozone Park, and Ozone Park his style was expanded by the differences between the neighborhoods. With an unrivaled aptitude in music, the young musician, began to teach himself how to play piano at the age of fourteen, studying music theory and production. A year later he took on the name Meta, which means to "Transcend or Go Beyond." The next few years, (sixteen to nineteen) Meta began moving quite frequently between the boroughs of New York, taking up piano as well as the guitar. At nearly twenty years old, the talent lying in this young man, named after Quincy Jones, is astounding. If you like what you hear from his samples and would like to purchase a CD, other merchandise or possibly arrange a collaboration; feel free to contact him at: --------"

Next time you think you should state your opinion on something you clearly know nothing about, do yourself a favor . . . don't. If you need help with your Bio, let me know and I'll put more time into it and help you out, but you have got to drop that arrogant ass attitude of yours, kid. You aint the shit yet. You just come across as a cocky patronizing punk.
    test
  15. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

i just wrote tha about myself nigga, so people could know where i came from

atleast i know i cant write a bio, nigga u wrote one and passed it off as ya wifes.

fuck outta here.
    test
  16. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

I never said my wife wrote that Bio.
    I said she made the cover. You have a literacy problem as well as a learning disability.
    test
  17. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

lol.

talk about a paradigm shift.

i cant imagine the shit that goes thru your head rex
    test
  18. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

lmao i didnt even read that post bg lol

i didnt even knwo that post was to me.
    test