Book Cover

Discussion in 'Lipstick Gallery' started by _Rex_, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

Here's the cover as it will appear in stores. My wife did a good job with it, in my opinion.

[​IMG]

You should give it a read, I wasn't being negative in the least towards you.
    I'm done with that. No more negativity from me towards anyone.
    test
  2. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

Nah, I prefer keeping you on block and only openning posts when I feel like it, because even your positive threads are frightenning. You forget: I can recognize unabashed bipolar behavior quite well.
    test
  3. x - calibur

x - calibur Guest

anidawehi sings such truth

take heed yall
    test
  4. Ok, for all I know you may have a book in the pipeline. But, seriously, this cover looks like a photoshopped drag and drop and the logo looks like you have cut it out with a pair of scissors and have stuck in on wonky.

Furthermore, I know what you are saying about never judge a book by its cover and that you have anti-materialist leanings but people may be equally put off by a bragging back cover about ones life, and a picture! both which may scream ego alert. Now, what soultan is saying, is tailor maketh the man, make it look proffesional if it is indeed true. Get some scholarly critiques to quote on the back, (no not for bragging purposes JEEZ), but to give it some credence within academic circles. You want your book to go on university readings lists dont you? Then do what has to be done.

I'm not sure anymore whether the book is real but perhaps the idea for a book is real . I think perhaps you would like to combine the philosophy of the Tao with Christianity, and good luck with that, but there are too many dialectical concerns surrounding your whole multi-faceted persona outings on these boards.

But seriously, you should listen to soultan despite his constant need of an ego stroking and boulstering of himself through his degrees or who bigged him up via his managerial staff, ( I mean I'm sure jay-z gives positive feedback to alot of people, sometimes out of politeness, but that aint a deal--thats just real) Soultan, ya music is borderline tight, I aint gonna lie, but you have to move up a few gears if you want to really do well. For starters u can buy an eraser for lines like " the rap jack sparrow" -- Lines that attempt to mix glamour with movies that make us reminisce about summetime, and not to mention are cornballish won't snatch the ears of the people you are lookin to hit. Stop mixin bubble gum with a gangsta steez, like suburbia mixed with long white air-brushed tees, and massively miscalculating your target audiences, your projection,and perceieved perception in the hip-hop world.

And, Anida, you should also bare in mind what menaz says, cus regardless of how people criticise him for not lightin up the lexicon, he is quite knowledgeable and erudite.
    test
  5. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

Suit yourself.

I wrote a short story last night after replying to you. The conversation gave me the idea for it. I'll post it in another thread and add the link below in this reply.
    test
  6. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

test
  7. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

lmao @ the 'about the author' section.

jesus tao fucking christ.
    test
  8. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

lmao @ " Two Typhoons also assisted in educating him on the power of god and nature "

That killed me omg.
    test
  9. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

That was a perfect example of tryin to sound professional, and failing miserably.
    test
  10. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

[funny] @ you both

Pitiful
    test
  11. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

:lol: .. ..
    test
  12. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

test
  13. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

Stop laughing at yourself Mr. Virgin Records.
    test
  14. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

[​IMG]

Keep hustlin baby, you'll get there one day, son. Nahmean? You gon be a legend, sonnn, you gon get on TV, nahmean, nahmean? Word is bond, B . . .word is bond.
    Buy ya momz a nice lil spot in the tower, B. Get you some new chucks, get real fly wit it, riiight riiight? [funny]

I could log off today and come back in three years and post and you'll pop up in my thread talkin all this negativity. You aint goin nowhere. You could, but you won't.
    test
  15. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

lmao if you only knew man.
    test
  16. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

that joke would hold more if it was like:

" you're 32 and still tryin to get a deal " (no offense to soultan)

stop it.

I know producers that's atleast 30 and still tryin to get in the game, and my
    skill surpasses them by miles. i started when i was 14, andi dont normally toot my own horn

but beep beep nigga

i know where i came from and i know where im goin, regardless of what kats say lol

and no one tryin to get a deal, im a producer, ym sounds gonna be universal it aint like im just makin rap.. some of u cats havent even heard my movie score, jazz, soul, etc beats..

go ahead to my myspace and peep 'so smooth'. i dare you to say that beat aint hot.

yall niggas will see.
    test
  17. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

If I only cared
    test
  18. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

"he travelled around the united states as a musician, pursuing a recording contract in the hip hop industry"

hahahahhaa....and this guy's making fun of someone else for 'wanting to be' something in the industry?

and man..... i remember those azeus songs. haha I could've saved you shitloads of gas money homey just by letting you know...
    test
  19. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

lol.

travelled around the US pursue'n a record deal.
    test
  20. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

Ethan (Rippy) - Actually I met with several A&R's. I didn't get rejected, I rejected the direction (image) they wanted me to embrace and the contracts that they wrote up. I didn't quit making music because I failed; I quit making music because there are more productive ways of teaching people than through music. I'm not an entertainer.

BeEgEe - [funny] @ you (You're still tryin, huh?) First you asked me who my publisher was, then you asked me how much I'm paying to publish (which gave me a real long, hard laugh). Now you're trying to mock a line from my Bio. "If at first you don't succeed, try again. If you fail then, try again. If you continue to fail . . . maybe you should give it up."
    (That applies to just about every aspect of life. You should apply it to yours.)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.