Book Cover

Discussion in 'Lipstick Gallery' started by _Rex_, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

test
  2. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

test
  3. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Soultan isn't dumb. jesus christ.

yet you sell it? Hypocrite.

No he is wise. Shut up!

Again you insult your readers intelligence.
    You are preying on peoples dumbness.

Exactly, That is why your book is a fallacy. People will CHECK your CREDENTIALS.

people go to moralist schools. You go to wikipedia.

But you are not Wise like Buddha. You don't have his insight.
    You're regergatating a wise mans philosophy.
    you're ruining something great just like Scary moive 3 & 4 were runined.

People change( stop being a pessimist.) Jews don't crucifiy, That was a roman punishment. Leave religion alone, If you like tao then read it.

No you try to insult peoples intelligence, Ever heard about worrying about yourself?

reality check, try making a comic book.

Because I talk to the man who supposively wrote it.
    Like I said, References, Bio,academia etc...
    test
  4. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

seriously, dude. Rewrite the bio. If you can't manage to do that, I have no faith in you being able to write an essay, let alone a book...
    test
  5. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

Did I say that he was?

"Lost" does not mean "dumb."

You know, you should ask what I'm going to do with the proceeds from this book before you "assume" to know the answer. That would be the wise thing to do, huh? Then again, you're not exactly a pillar of wisdom are you?

[funny]

You're silly.

People can read the book for themselves and decide if they believe it or not.
    A degree doesn't alter the words. A degree doesn't make a wrong word right or right words wrong. A degree means absolutely nothing when it comes to spirituality and religion unless the individual is speaking from a historical perspective. There is no degree that authenticates spirituality.

Really? That proves my book to be a fallacy?
    [funny]

I swear, arguing with you is like slapping a crippled retard.
    I look like the asshole of the year just for acknowledging your stupidity.

Moralist Schools?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

It's called a Theological Seminary, dumbass.
    Not a "Moralist School" and I'm not studying to be a scholar.
    Scholars don't study to understand the scriptures, they memorize the scriptures and study the historical aspects of the religions.

Ah Menaz, how little you understand.

Really? I'm regergatating?
    [funny]

I actually laughed to myself when I read how you spelled that.
    I can just imagine how you speak in person.
    "Re-Gerr-Ga-Tate-Ing!"

hahahahah

Actually I've just re-translated it into terms that Christians will be able to understand, because they need the Tao in their life instead the church.

Some people change during the course of their life.
    However, if you had the ability to take things in the context which they were used then you would understand (or overstand) that what I was actually referring to is the reappearance of souls along their strain in the design. But you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about so I'll put that into dummie terms for you: The same people who wouldn't listen to Moses also didn't listen to Mohammed; the same people who didn't understand Yehoshua (Jesus) will also misunderstand me.

Life repeats itself over and over. Our environment may change but the people don't. It's all part of the design. Positive and Negative. Yin and Yang. I'm not being pessimistic or even an optimistic individual. Optimism and pessimism interdepend on desire and I'm speaking from a matter of fact standpoint. There is no desire in this conversation. You can walk away or you can stay and challenge me. Either way you've already lost because you're not something beneficial to your spiritual self. You will never profit off of any of our exchanges. Every time you argue with me you wind up further in the darkness.

What makes you think "His People" meant "Jews"?
    I was referring to those who heard him speak. Those were the people of his time and thus I referred to them as "his people" because they were not "Buddha's people" or "Mohammed's people" or "my people" for that matter. You are not one of Jesus' people. You're one of my people . . . even if you're a complete fucking idiot, you're still stuck in this cycle with me and my job is to educate your idiotic ass. But that won't happen cause some people just can't learn. Insufficient IQ's.
    It's ok, you're only held acountable for what your mind is able to comprehend.

[funny]

Who said anything negative about religion?
    Hmm

Pull your head out of your crapper, Mennie.

Is that why you're in my thread talking shit about my book and defending Soultan, because you're "worrying about yourself" and I'm sticking my nose in "your" business?

You live in a backwards ass universe kid. Your brain must be wired backwards for you to be this stupid.

I wrote this for you just now: (Trust me, it applies)
    "Here I stand before the circus mirror, wondering if the deformed shape I see is on the other side staring back and thinking, "Why are you so vague?"

I know, I'll make one about a curly haired nerdy zionist kid who tries to argue absolutely everything on line and fails miserably.
    He'll post under the name, "Diaper_Mouth"

Thanks for the laugh.

How do you know that I don't have three Forewards before the Introduction coming from two Professors (both Dr.'s in that field)? How do you know that I didn't get a well know pastor who graduated from Princeton's Theological Seminary to write the third foreward?

Lemme guess, you didn't know that.
    That's why you should read a book before you talk about a book.
    You haven't even opened it and you're criticizing it.
    Anybody who does that is clearly a hater. There's no way around it.
    test
  6. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

put excerpts from the forwards and critiques from degreed readers on the back. Play down the failed rapper volcano bit.

Simple. [dunno]

Pay someone 25 bones in the graphics forum to redo the artwork for the cover. Then, you'd have nothing to bitch about.
    test
  7. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

I fail to see a reason why that is necessary. You will never have faith in me whether I write one lousy book or twenty best sellers. You really think that I'm going to alter my book based off your opinion? That's pretty arrogant isn't it?

I like the bio exactly as it is.
    I want the bio to be REAL.
    And NO, I'm not going to change my bio to make it all properish.

The book is being sold to simple people.
    Simple people don't like people like you.
    No offense.

If somebody reads the Tao and says, "This guy doesn't have a degree" then they have completely missed absolutely everything the Tao represents. Have you read the Tao Te Ching? Here's an online version of the Tao in an English Translation:

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~stwright/rel/tao/TaoTeChing.html
    test
  8. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

Simply unoriginal and dishonest.
    That's not my way. I want "real" people to read it.
    I want people that are going to understand it to read it.
    I don't want a pat on the back.
    In fact, I don't even like compliments.
    The man who compliments you is your enemy.
    The one who insults you is your friend.
    Compliments feed the ego.
    Insults humble you.

Being humble is a better path than arrogance and feeding the ego.

I have nothing to bitch about now.
    I like it the way it is.
    You're the one who's bitchin about it.
    Not me.
    test
  9. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

- SOULTAN -
    I should let you know though that I did take a bit of advice from you.
    I know you meant it to be a negative comment but I thought about what you said with the degree.

The school I'm at right now doesn't offer much as far as "Religion, Philosophy, and Psychology" are concerned. I was going to major in Theatre and then I changed it to Creative Writing and then back to Theatre because I couldn't go for the major I wanted.

Instead, after this year (Associates) is finished we're transferring to Florida and I'm changing my major to Religious Studies and then going to the Seminary afterwards for my Masters/Doctrate (M.A./Ph.D. Philosophy).

In the meantime (during school) I'll be writing books comparing the different religions, etc and then when I have my degree I'll take it a different route.

If I hadn't had that argument with you it may not have occured to me that I'm wasting my time here. Thanks
    test
  10. x - calibur

x - calibur Guest

i cant wait til this drops

this will be out in the streets heavy
    test
  11. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Great semantics, Still doesn't mean you can write a book.
    any body can be a smart ass. You're a wisdom is fallacy.

Well considering I make money off things. I guess to anyone who wants to learn how to make money would listen to MY WISDOM. you're appealing to a demographic like the everyone else, Only your book will be complete nonsense and the people who listen to your wisdom will be Poor and dumb.

Ooops I assumed again, Just Call it a hunch. You should stop assuming people will buy your delusional crap.

Please enlighten me in one sentence what You plan to do with the zero profit you make off this book?

You're uneducated mind alters the words appeling to a demographic of stupidity. In the world of professional writers, You would be considered illiterate. So basically, You're putting out another form of Opium to the masses? This book will be horrible, Just like everything else you do.

Arguing with you is like taughting a unstable depressed man ready for suicide.
    I know If I nagatively encourage you, You might just pick up the knife doing the site a favor.

Noone understands you're stupidity.

Pretty much!

Dude, You are are not funny, stop laughing at your own stupidity.
    Jesus christ, Listening to you speak, I would have to strangle
    you for being mentally retarded and not knowing you're a walking
    contradiction.

No christan wants your book. RM morons, Don't count, They think 50 cent is good.
    test
  12. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

See, You try to talk down to people. As soultan said: Lashing out!
    As if you are Compensating for something.

There is no fact in those religions, You're basing a theory around other mens theories only you're Uniting them as one(to end violence). Man is a violent creature, No book is gonna change that historical FACT! You're concept is not NEW! You are not Jesus. You are not Mohammad. Stop comparing yourself to their Monothetic message and twisting it into a unification for all religions.

You're not speaking fact, You are speaking on your desire. You can't say some people change and then say people do not change. YOU FUCKING IDOIT!

I'm not challeging you, You are not a Challenge to anyone.
    Anytime I walk away from a conversation, it Is When I know
    people aren't being Honest and are self deluded with their
    own EGO!

Don't tell someone not to assume, When you just assumed I didn't know my own spirtual self. FUCKING MORON!

Everytime I argue with you, I feel like I'm dealing with a gaffe.

You can't comperhend, You twist and spin, You do not comprehend!
    His people were not THE ROMANS. Romans were pagans then. Therefore, His people did not crucify him. YOU FUCKING DUMB ASS!

you're writting a Book for christians based on a easy ass concept THE WORLD AREADY UNDERSTANDS? You're book is a piece of toilet paper, it was meant for shit.

Soultan, Gave you some good pointers, You fail to recognize them.
    You take everything as an attack. You're a defesive personality.

Backward Universe? You think your still in living in the 1st century.

You're 20 something years old, You have no life, You're a recluse, Who lies about having a dead son, You're obviously trying to use my comment I made about your life being a complete failure against me. Again, Find your own material. Look how pathetic your life is, You make up screen names running around rapmusic.com talking shit.

Because on a hunch, I would say you would have mentioned that before hand.
    Plus, anyone stupid enough to associate their professional name with your book, Is commiting Professional career suicide.

Said the pot to the kettle!

It's dog shit, because you're thoughts are dog shit.
    You act like I don't talk to you every night? Shut uP!

Tell that to spencer. Fucking Hypocrite.

I've made my point, Argue your nonsense at the thread.
    test
  13. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

Your, not "You're"

When you become literate then you can comment on my literacy.
    Ight, stud?

The legendary "Menaz Wisdom" . . .
    [funny]

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe your jealousy is what is causing you to be delusional enough to think that I've at any point in this thread been bragging about how well it is going to sell?

No. Is that a short enough answer for you?

Marx called religion an opium for the masses.
    The Tao is not a religion.

[funny]

Your opinion affects nobody, on or offline.

What stupidity are you referring to?

Who am I?

How is one to differenciate between an "RM Moron" and yourself?
    test
  14. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

Menaz, let me remind you that you are in my thread trying to get the upper hand on me while you tell me that I'm trying to compensate for something by calling you the village idiot.

The Tao is not a Religion.
    As for Christianity, Islam and Judaism not being factual: A belief only becomes a fact when it is proven. Once it is proven then it can no longer be a belief. A religion is a belief system. It is no different than a scientific theory aside from how the "belief" is formed. Once the scientific theory is proven, it is no longer a theory and becomes a fact. However, fact and fiction are both irrelevant when it comes to the Tao.

The Tao has already been proven. You just don't read books. You're a google scholar.

You should read this before you say anything else:
    [​IMG]

Change is an illusion.
    Some people change on the psychological level (going deeper into their illusions or moving to the shallow end) but their essence or "energy" cannot change. Energy remains on its course regardless of how well the mind perceives. A positive energy cannot become negative and a negative cannot become positive. Only by changing the mind can the energy within be reversed. But the energy does not actually change. How the energy is used is all that changes. The mind is only what makes the energy conscious of itself if properly functioning (which in your case it isn't).

It isn't a contradiction. I'm speaking on two aspects at one time and your mind is only able to grasp one aspect. Contradictions only arise when a person viewing the actions is unable to see the entire chain and focuses only on a singular link.

For instance:
    Many years ago Buddha encountered three men on the road. The first man came to Buddha and asked him, "You are the wise Buddha, is there a God?" Buddha replied "No, there is no God." Later on a second man approached him on the path and said, "Buddha, is there a God?" To this man Buddha replied, "Yes, with certainty there is a God." Later on a third man approached Buddha and said: "Buddha, I have spent much time in meditation and discovered that there is a God but the God I discovered is personal and impersonal. Is this God the one true God?" Buddha looked him in the eyes for a moment and then just continued walking. This disturbed Ananda (Buddha's Disciple) who was traveling with him and asked Buddha, "How is this that you have contradicted yourself? You told the first man that there is no God, the second man that there is a God and the third you ignored completely." Buddha smiled at him and said, "Yes, I did. The first man believed in a false God. If I would have said 'Yes, there is a God' then he would have ran back and told everybody that I verified his false God and this cannot be. So I told him no." The second man does not believe in God and he is wrong so I told him "Yes, there is a God." Now he will go home and try to find the truth because I have told him that he does not have it. The last man is on the verge of enlightenment and doesn't need my answer. He will find it on his own. So you see, this is not a contradiction. It only appears so to your divided mind. In truth, all three men have three different perceptions. What is true for one perception is not true for another."

Didn't you claim to believe that I am not being honest and am deluded with my own ego? So why don't you walk away and prove that you are not a liar?

Does a man who knows himself get this angry at somebody else for not knowing him? You know nothing.

You see the world through divided eyes. That is the problem.
    I cannot speak to you by your way of perception. I've never been blind enough to understand somebody like you.
    test
  15. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

If people understood it then the world would not be what it is.
    And stop pretending like people understand the Tao.
    Stop pretending that you understand the Tao.

If you did it would be reflected through your actions and it isn't.
    If "THE WORLD" understood the Tao then it would be reflected through society and it isn't.

The world is not living according to the Tao. Want proof?

Chapter 81
    "True words do not sound beautiful;
    beautiful words are not true.
    Wise men don't need to debate;
    men who need to debate are not wise.

Wise men are not scholars,
    and scholars are not wise.
    The Master desires no possessions.
    Since the things she does are for the people,
    she has more than she needs.
    The more she gives to others,
    the more she has for herself.

The Tao of Heaven nourishes by not forcing.
    The Tao of the Wise person acts by not competing."

Don't pretend you live that.
    If you did, then you wouldn't be in my thread, would you?
    The difference between you and I is this:

You are trying to prove me wrong in order that you may "feel" you are right.
    I am trying to show you that you are wrong in order that you may learn how to be right.

They seem very similar, but they're not. Motivation is what makes all the difference in the world.

Menaz, Soultan wasn't giving me good advice. He was giving me good advice for a book which he would write. What applies to my book does not apply to a book he would write. If I were to do it the way he would do it, I would fail. If he were to do it the way that I am doing it, he would fail. You have accepted the lie that there is one formula which all must adhere to. So has he. That is why I said that he is not wise.

Time is an illusion and applies only to the divided mind and is seen only through divided eyes.

There is a proper way for man to live and it is absent from the world as it is currently. There are underdeveloped nations and there are overdeveloped nations. The underdeveloped are "All soul and no mind. The over developed are "All mind and no soul." The truth is in between the two.

What was your goal in writing this? Just to demonstrate how an Ad Hominem works?

Grow up.

[funny]

"Your" thoughts. Not "you're" thoughts.
    You're means "You are"

It is funny watching your emotions control you and knowing that I control your emotions with the click of a few keys.
    test
  16. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

HAHAHAHAHA!

Huxley this Huxley that

and.....

in your rhyme you posted .....

you said........

you sell crack on your way to work.
    test
  17. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

whats the name of your publisher?.

and how much are they charging you to put your book out?
    test
  18. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

Yeah, I know. Kinda hard to compare yourself to Huxley. That's like me not being able to get any A&R's to listen to my music and goin' "Well, Jay Z never got a deal! I'm in good shape!" completely ignoring the fact that most people who don't get a deal don't end up making 320 million as president of def jam.
    test
  19. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

[funny]
    You're still trying to find an angle, huh?

Vanity Presses charge authors to publish, not Traditional Publishers.
    Subsidy publishers don't put your books in Barnes & Noble, Hastings, Books-A-Million, on Amazon or in Christian book stores. You also don't get an ISBN through Vanity Presses.

Give it up kid.
    If you put half the energy into "your" life that you do in trying to challenge mind, you could actually amount to something worthwhile.

Are you sure I said that or is that just what you heard?

Did I compare myself to Huxley?

The only thing you lack is confidence and faith in your ability.

Everything; absolutely everything that you see around you was at one point nothing more than an idea in somebody's head. Jay-Z is just one small example. The chair you're sitting on, the computer you're replying on, the clothes you're wearing, the food you eat, the soda you drink, the asprin that you take for a headache, the microphone you use to record, the spitguard over the microphone, the soundroom with the foam on the walls (instead of egg cartons), the wires to the microphones . . . absolutely EVERYTHING that you use was at one point somebody's "idea." They found out how to make that idea a reality and then did it.

Stop looking for somebody to "sign you."
    You are your own worst enemy. If you believe in yourself completely, it doesn't matter if the entire world is against you . . . the sky is the limit. If you want somebody else to sign you that means that you're not only willing to "change" yourself to fit their wants but it also means that you're unwilling to be entirely you against all odds. And even worse, it means that you feel that you are less than they are.

If Hitler could go from being in Prison to damn near taking over the world (all his crazy shit aside), you can start your label.

You're a lawyer, bro. What's holding you back? Half your family has studied law. You live in Los Angeles, right? Surely you know several people who make REAL music. All you need to do is study the industry and figure out where it is going. Find people who are there and then recruit them. There MUST be some very talented people playing in the Promenade down in Santa Monica and on Venice Beach. And I know for a fact that you can find them at the Santa Monica Pier. Hell, there's artists ALL OVER Los Angeles who will NEVER get signed because they make music that matters. Find them! Recruit artists who are able to take music where it is going to go. Use foresight and don't just imitate or emulate others. Don't follow the trend, set a new one.

Study the old Jazz artists, read books about them. Those were musicians.
    Analyze their music and incorperate it. Study Blues, Rock, and get your mind away from Hip Hop. Take elements of Hip Hop and combine them with Swing and other forms. Use your mind. I know you're intelligent enough. Once you have a group of artists together (you already know Ghet), sign them and then get them in the studio and put up your own money to record. Have them practice over and listen to them before you let them in the studio. Once you have music together for the best artist or band then put together a street team of 10 people and hustle that shit. Find the REAL musicians and give them a chance to record. The industry WILL NOT sign people who have something to say.

Once you have a few CD's together put up a professional website and spend the first 3 years building up a reputation in L.A. Once you have following in a city and the respect of a city then you can move out from there. Get a creative author to write a book about your label and the artists and how you all came together.

We are gods, Kashta.
    As soon as you believe that, anything is possible.

PSALM 82:6
    Type that verse out and stick it to every door in your apartment and read it all day long. Recite it in your mind throughout the day. We become what we think. If we think negative and we feed negativity into our minds then we become a failure.
    If we think positive and feed positive into our minds, then we become a success story.

Every moment of our lives is a process of "becoming."
    Fuck the labels. Why are you wasting your time with them?
    You know they're going to tell you what you can and can't put out.
    You know they are going to control you.
    Aren't you tired of being told who you "need to be?"

I know you don't like me, so pretend this is being said to you by somebody you do like. Pretend somebody that you respect is saying this to you and just fuckin do it.

We're moving to Florida after this school year and will be right there by Miami/Ft. Lauderdal, Etc. If you decide to do it yourself and want somebody to help you with ideas or setting up shows in Florida or whatever, let me know. Send me a RM Private Message or somethin. I'll reply back and give you my e-mail and we can keep in touch. We're too grown for this nonsense. I'm here if I can help with anything. I like what you're saying in your music and I believe in you. (Just don't let that shit go to your head) If you don't want to work together with me, cool. You should still do it either way.
    test
  20. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

Woah! I ain't readin' all that unless someone's gonna give me a certificate or a degree after it, and you clearly are not qualified to do that.

I look like I'm trying to get signed? I'm on a second album, working on a third. It's just cool to be recognized by others in my field that are ahead of me. Same with Law.

secondly, you compared your book cover to a brave new world's cover (one of them, anyway.) The reason A Brave New World need not worry about the cover is when it dropped, society was not as visually marketed as it is now. Second, it was a good book. More than I can assuredly say for you. YOU need all the help you can GET.

The funny thing is, all the help you need may run you about 40 bucks, but you are stuck on mediocrity.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.