Book Cover

Discussion in 'Lipstick Gallery' started by _Rex_, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

Your family from Australia?
    test
  2. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

Nah, Germany.
    test
  3. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

actually azeus.... those other covers do look a lot more professional compared to yours.

you should just get someone in the graph forum to hook up something simple yet effective.

can you not afford to pay someone like 15 bucks to get a decent cover?
    test
  4. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

I just don't care enough about that.
    It's what is "in" the book that matters.
    Never heard the phrase: "Don't judge a book by it's cover?"

It is my first book. It's published, that's all I care about.
    If people are meant to read it, they will. If they're not then they won't.
    If you know anything about the Tao then you would understand the outside shouldn't be all flashy and pretty. The outside "should" be plain and "appear" average and ordinary and even slightly "wack."

Why?

Because that's the "Tao"
    test
  5. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

The Tao has never been taught in Christian terms.
    Nobody has ever made the connection between Taoism and Christianity and it's been there for 2,000 years. People who know what the Tao is will read it just to see how it's possible.

It really amazes me that here in the West people actually believe they're so advanced and they are technologically but mentally people have stepped back to nearly neanderthal.

I mean, have people never read Buddha's Dharma and compared the Gospel of Buddha to the Gospel of Christ? Have people never noticed that what Lao Tzu, Buddha, Yehoshua (Jesus) and Mohammed taught in essence (through different terms) is basically the same exact thing?

If this riddle is solved and taught to the world wars will stop.
    Nonsensical violence will cease. Murder, rape, drug dealers, and numerous other cultural problems will be a thing of the past. Africa will be cleaned up.

Hell, the world's problems can all be solved by figuring out this riddle and instead nations keep going with this idiotic power struggle over controlling portions of the earth. If they had control over the earth what would they control then? Take a wild guess.
    test
  6. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

Listen man I dont give a fuck about your postcard, or your life. I laughed at him callin it a 1980s postcard.

I ain't knockin ya fuckin hustle, if you doin a book cool. BUt if you lying your ass off, youre a fuckin lame.

Stop posting 6paragraph replies to my 3 word posts.
    test
  7. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

I like the new cover a lot actually. I forgot to add that.

lol @ dude saying it's more natural to have seashells on the shore
    test
  8. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

I agree
    That would be pretty damn foolish

Spend less time thinking about me and more time working on yourself and you'd already be signed.
    test
  9. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

Depends on the beach you go to, I suppose.
    Some beaches are more rocks than shells. Others are more shells than rocks.
    I've never been on a beach that didn't have rocks though.
    test
  10. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

Uh huh. Look, couple weeks ago, Jigga liked my demo. Last week, Kanye. Today, you hate yet again.

I'm noticing a correlation between you hating, and my success. By all means, keep doing it. It's gotten you oh so far in life, hasn't it?

Also, note that if one were to criticise one's overly verbose style of academic writing to hide a lack of stylistic prose, then said critic should not be a noted plagiarist and absolute failure at everything.

Also note that your transparent assault on academia, though loud, is drowned out by your apprantly rancid attempt at actually getting a degree. Furthermore, you desire to learn all things religious is often times things remarked of, it must not be ignored that you seem to be completely inept at grasping that which you have tried to learn. How many colleges did you go to only to leave empty handed? You attack academia, yet go to college. [dunno] Are we supposed to find you sincere?

Also, your first book cover looks like Charlotte's Web, and the second one, though creative, is dull at best. All the other book covers you've posted from NOTED and LEARNED authors are not boring. Moreover, many of those are later editions of earlier successes, so the book could be covered in a brown paper bag with nothing on it but the title. The quality and the substance of the work gives it a reputation that preceedes it.

I wrote a book when I was younger than you about poetry. I just had the wherewithall to know better than to put out a book that would not sell until I at least had success elsewhere to lend me some semblance of credibility. That's what CS Lewis has over you. That's what John McWhorter has over you. They have found success elsewhere, and it is apparent in their bios. Your bio simply says you are accident prone, have the worst luck in finding places to live, are a horribly failed rapper and have no degree in anything.

That's bad marketing. Now, I know you take pride in your visual artistic ability, and who doesn't think everything their young new wife does is adorable? Shit, both of y'all probably are better than me at graphic visual arts, but I have the presence of mind that if I'm going to put something out, I'll have someone with more experience to do the cover.

So to regroup:

1. Stop lashing out at everyone when YOU put YOURSELF out there to be criticised by posting your book covers in here. It hasn't made you look any better in the past 4 years, that should be an indication to stop.

2. Finish school and stop hiding behind the shroud of scoffing academia merely because you haven't finished yet.

3. Get a better cover done. Practice photoshop on your OWN time.

4. Revamp your bio. Don't talk about all the bullshit you brag about on here. The volcanos and the earthquakes? That means nothing to the reader. Delve more into why the consumer should ever spend their hard earned money to buy your book, considering you're no scholar in the field. Something else has to endear them to your work other than "I used to try to rap and I ran away from a volcano a couple times." I'd be like "Damn, God must hate this mufucka!"
    test
  11. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

Exactly, Rex.
    test
  12. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

You're an emotional disaster just waiting to happen.
    I never even commented on your music other than to point out that you are a Lawyer making music (to show you your hypocrisy when commenting on McWhorter on writing something that he didn't go to school for).

I'm stuggling to understand how you could have found that to be "hating" on your demo.

I'd like to see you succeed at music. I even told you in your other thread that next time we're in Cali we'll stop through and check one of your shows out, if you have one at the time. Of course you didn't respond to that, you only seem to notice when I insult you. It's almost as if you enjoy being insulted by me. I don't get it, but whatever.

What success?
    Have you got a song on the radio?
    Did you get signed or something?
    How have you succeeded, bro?
    You think I'm jealous of you? What is there to be jealous of (Not meant as an insult). I mean, honestly other than your family background and your easy ride through life there's nothing I have to want from you and I don't even want that. I'm glad my life has been what it was and wouldn't switch with you if I could.

As for music.
    I quit making music because I grew out of it. I'm not into it anymore.
    I changed a lot in the last year and a half. In fact, I listen to Jazz and Swing moreso than anything else. Don't even like listening to Tupac anymore . . . it's actually really odd.

I realized that I'm a writer, not a musician. I didn't fail, I walked away.
    A failure is somebody who doesn't know when to walk away and keeps plugging at it even when there's no chance in hell of it working out.

Who noted me as a plagiarist?
    What have I plagarized?

You really gotta stop believing everything you read on here, bud.

This is the "only" college I've attended.
    I used to go to (walk up to) the campus in Indiana and spend the day in their library but I didn't go to the school.
    Couldn't afford it at that time and I didn't want to accept Gov. Grants simply for being Cherokee.

*Shrugs*

You're pretty certain that it won't sell.
    I wonder how many people, while skimming books in the store, say to themselves, "Gee, this Bio doesn't say anything about his education. I'll read something else."

When you read books by Tibetan Monks, do they have credentials listed?
    When Christians read the Bible and Buddhist read the Dharma do they cry out, "Jesus didn't have a degree!" or "Buddha didn't have a degree!"

Did Muslims deny Mohammed because he wasn't literate?

You have completely accepted a lie, man.
    Nobody actually gives a shit about Education.
    I'm majoring in Education with an Emphasis in Theatre.

I got further with music than you have and I walked away from it because I realized that nobody wants to buy music about life. People just want a catchy hook with nonsense rhymes in the verses. You can say anything these days and if it's cute and catchy they love it. I can't sell out. If you can, then hey . . . do you.
    But I can't. I'm not goin that route.

Well, fortunately you're not publishing a book, you're trying to break into the music industry. Considering that your opinion holds absolutely zero weight on this subject, I'm gonna have to say . . . do you.

[funny]

Lashing out?

Seriously, bro . . . do you realize that you've come into this thread several times and commented negatively without even the slightest insult from me? It's like you need my attention. It's almost like you enjoy having me insult you. I really don't understand how you can even be in this thread when you supposedly had me on ignore. You tellin me you took me off ignore and came in here just to start some shit and when I didn't react you came back more than once and when I finally do, I'm "lashing out"?

Read back through this thread.
    I've been calm from the beginning and still am.
    Just chillin here, chewin some big red grinnin at how rediculous this is.

I'm not scoffing it in the least.
    Huxley could and did because he was educated.
    Education has its place and is important. I've learned a lot while here.
    But the fact of the matter is, education is not a requirement in life.
    The most influential people became influential without their education and I'm currently doing the same.

Just chill, bite your tongue and watch.
    You're gonna be like, "How in the hell did he do that?"

It is a first book.
    It isn't that important, bro.
    What is with you.
    It's just the cover.

Let's just see how it does, cool?
    People have doubted me all my life.
    Everytime I told them I'd do something they was like, "You should do this." or "You can't do it like that." When I do it they claim they knew I would.

It never fails.
    This will be the same way.

This book is not nearly as important as the next.
    The next one is the one that matters.
    test
  13. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

trust me, ima be doin more than being signed.

mark my words dog. im so serious.
    test
  14. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

im sorry bu nis got you on this

lmao @ charlotte's web
    test
  15. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

damn i thought long paragraphs analyzing each quote was 2004?

the new trend is one word answers, or sentences that aint got shit to do with the subject.

get upon it.
    test
  16. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

Chiwahuahs should be allowed to mate with cats.
    test
  17. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Soultan is Wise unlike my initial thoughts. Not only did he give you great marketing advice, but he also gave you a reality check.
    test
  18. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

You insult peoples intelligence. You just said People who read these kinds of books don't read them for the art on the Book cover. Now you're saying these Poeple who are more interested in what a book has to say will not check your book for a reference Bio or your academia back ground. There is no difference between you and the capitalist pig you claim to hate. Both and the Marketing capitalist pull the wool over the Publics eyes with bloviating rethoric and by red herring the most important part to any book.

Number 1.) You are not a Tibetan Monk.
    Number 2.) You are not Jesus, Further more jesus did not write the New-testament.
    Number 3.) You are not Buddha, Buddha knew Dharma by heart.

Further more, Other people like those Men.
    Seems to me, Noone has ever liked you or
    respected anything you've attempted to do your entire life.

You're a tongue lashing screen named: Azue. The real life you has no Academia education, No accomplishments, No marketing strategies, No creative writing abilities, you're a lacklustering big mouth who has a nagtive attitude toward life and people in general, but you do have some artistic ability.

Why not pursue Cartoon drawing?
    Why not pursue being a art teacher?
    Why not pursue custom design?
    Why not pursue Art college?

Even Andy Warhol went to College to advance his knowledge in Art.
    test
  19. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

That's good. I just hope that when you get there (and you will) you have something to say worth listening to and you're not just another person trying to "entertain" people.

We see things very differently.
    Bad perception can make a god out of a cow, just ask the Hindus.

I don't see why this continues to come up. That is in no way a negative reflection on myself since it was the Publisher's Cover Design Dept. who came up with that and it was myself who rejected it and my wife who designed the other one.

You all keep reverting to insulting that cover but that cover isn't being used nor was it designed by me, my wife or anybody that is a reflection of myself.

*Shrugs*

"Fads" . . . They change more often than I do.
    Can't keep up with everything. You gotta pick and choose which changes are more necessary. Yourself or the world around you. Maybe if you went through a few changes yourself, doors would open up and you'd get where we both know you're goin.

Nice to see that you're conforming to the "trend" . . .

You are a mystery to me. You went to college and got your Masters, right? Then you go throgh all the necessary steps to be a lawyer . . . spend quite a bit of your parents money to get there, make them extremely proud of you and then try to step down into the streets (which you didn't come from) in order to be accepted by the "uneducated" at which time they (Jay/Kanye) both say they like your music and you act like you're going to do a cartwheel. But then you turn around and criticise people who don't have a degree (which neither of them have) and say, "Yea, but Jay and Kanye are accomplished," all the while forgetting that at one time they were not accomplished and people exactly like yourself mocked them.

You don't belong in their world and they will see it if you ever meet and have a sit down. You have got to stop living a divided life. Either you're for the system or you're not for the system. Either you're Christian or you're against everything Christ was. You have got to make up your mind. This is why you have those bouts with depression and what not.

"A kingdom divided against itself cannot stand." - Jesus
    Now, switch "Kingdom" with "Man" and "itself" with "himself" and apply it to yourself.

"By what authority to you speak these things." - Pharisees to Jesus
    "You don't have the educational background to write a book about the Tao." - You

Sound familiar?
    I know I'm not Jesus and I'm not claiming to be but Jesus wasn't some superhuman Man-God that was born perfect and knowing all. He also didn't receive his education from the leaders or the system around him. He got it from traveling and talking to people.

You're gonna have to realize that the world which you grew up in, and are currently trying to escape through Music is a lie. If it wasn't, you would be at a firm instead of in the studio with Ghet.
    test
  20. _Rex_

_Rex_ Manifest Sexy

You and him are both lost.

The Tao is not something to be marketed and sold off like the generic Hip Hop that you hear on the radio. I don't need to worry about marketing the book. When people read it, they will tell others about it. It will sell itself.

Then again, you don't understand the Tao anymore than Soultan does and that's why you actually think that fool is wise.

Menaz, people don't pick up books and read the bio first. They pick up a book based on the subject and then they read about "the book" on the back. If it interests them they'll go sit down in one of the chairs and skim through it. If they like what they read or what they read effects them then they'll take it to the counter and buy it.

The only people who care about academia are critics and those in opposition of the person writing. I read the book. If the book says something rediculous, THEN I check their credentials.

The Tao speaks for itself. My credentials don't matter.

1. No, I'm neither Tibetan nor a Monk.
    2. No, I'm not Jesus and no Jesus did not write the New Testament.
    3. No, I'm not Buddha, and Buddha only knew the Dharma by heart because he made it up as he went. He was a poet with insight into the inner workings of the universe.

They do now. Read the Gospel of Buddha. People don't change.
    I think you forget that Christ was crucified by his people.

People don't like those who make them feel small without telling them they are small. I tell people that they can be better than they are and they take it as an insult. People like those who tell them that they're perfectly fine as they are and I can't do that. If people weren't comepletely messed up the world would be a much better place.

Thank you. That is a compliment coming from you.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know the book is garbage when you haven't even read it yet? Hmmm *scratches head*
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.