BOLA4 Discussion (No Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by chrishansen, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

i was pretty drunk by that time too

all i really remember is 360 saying "im a might bit fucked up" or something like that before the battle

shit was funny though, and the actual battle was probably the battle of the night. rone, your first verse was classic, if i may say.
    test
  2. Ribo Nuke

Ribo Nuke Audiodidact

fuck I just found this thread and I've been wondering for the last three days why noone was talking about BOLA.

Good recap Jobone sums it up pretty well.

The crowd was awesome at this battle it seemed like a shitload of people there were actually interested in the battles and understand and reacted to most of the good lines.
    As I said before the place was way too crowded and hot but the battles were ridiculously good I can't wait to see the footage.
    Pretty sure I saw Maple on RM but I didn't get a chance to say whats up. I didn't make it to the after party either, but the it was well worth the 20$ for the 5 battles I saw. (AB Hoggish vs QP) (Rone vs 360) (Dizaster vs QP) (Fredo vs Killenm) (Thesaurus vs Mac Lethal) and I couldn't hear DBD vs Ness Lee cuz I couldn't get close enough through the crowd.

People are going to shit themselves over Thesaurus vs Mac Lethal though it was record breaking.
    test
  3. Ribo Nuke

Ribo Nuke Audiodidact

Time cunt!
    test
  4. TradeMark310

TradeMark310 Tunk vs Lux

Ya'll want a recap?

Ok, here's mine.

I stroll up right before 5pm thinking I missed the undercards (which I wanted to) and was right on time. I saw Lyraflip walking away from the venue before I got in. He looked kinda ticked off, but I have no idea how his battle went.

I get to the door and there are like 6 cats in front of me and the door guy is saying they are at capacity. Pretty wack. 360 and Rone went on, and we could see them through a window but couldn't hear anything.

Suggestion: get a MIC for these cats and play it throughout the venue!!!!!

Anyway, L Scatterbrain came up behind me in line. We chopped it up before Captain came and let him in. Then Andy Milanokis rolled up, same story. We chopped it up til Captain came and let him in. Door guy said capacity was 350 and they had like 420 peeps. QP walked by with a pregnant looking white chick. Someone needs to show that dude what a jim hat is.

We could see the outside patio and mad heads were out there instead of watching battles: Diz, Saurus, Dumbfounded, Okwerdz, Ness, DBD, I think Wapps, Saht, and a few more heads. After a hot minute we got in (around 5:40). I had to hang by the bar cause the main stage was too crowded. AB Hoggish was right there saying that he liked his battle but he thought some fools were hating, I didn't catch everything he said. Saw Diz vs Qp but couldn't hear QP at all. Diz had everyone chanting "Fuck DNA!". I saw Diz after and he was all geeked up talking abut how dope that footage of everyone saying fuck DNA was gonna be.

Finally got in to hear The Saurus and Mac, but MAD heads at the bar were just talking bull, so I couldn't hear it all. But i gotta say, what I heard was amazing! I was standing next to Reverse Live in the crowd so I gave him props and told him I thought he destroyed 9DM. But then it ended! I was kinda pissed that I paid $20 to stand in line for 40 minutes and caught like one and a half battles, but that's what I get for showing up late I guess. But still, it was supposed to go at least til 8.

Anyway, chopped it up with Saurus and Poison Pen a bit. Pen is mad mad mad mad cool, just a real cat who talked to everyone who came up to give him props. The Saurus had his rings on, them shits are HUGE. Went out front and smoked a bleeze and chopped it up with some cats I gave some cigs, talked battles and such. I took off cause i live in the South Bay and I didn't have anything to do in the 4 hour gap between the end of the show and the afterparty. I would have went to the afterparty but I didn't want to drive back again.

It was cool though, it was my first GT event after following for a minute, plus some of these cats I followed since the early Scribble days. The best part was being around a bunch of heads who felt the way I do about battles, it was a dope ass vibe for real hip-hop.
    test
  5. Ribo Nuke

Ribo Nuke Audiodidact

/\ that sucks dude. yeah it was kind of misleading, I thought it was going until 8, then later I heard it was only booked 'till 6. I got there about 2:30 and didn't miss anything really.
    test
  6. Change_Up559

Change_Up559 New Member

shouts to everyone that went to both the venues!

I had a cool time and saw alot of good battles and smoked alot of good green

My battle went down at the second spot at like 12:30 am or so.....there was a bunch of random noise going on (props to the crowd for trying to stay interested) but me and Chuck Steaks got our battle in...it was cool.

Big Ups to everybody man
    test
  7. billw84

billw84 throwin' it down

[​IMG]
    test
  8. drunkard23

drunkard23 New Member

i heard my fellow melbourner 360 killed it & repped AUS well. rone is dope, can't wait to see it. the mac vs saurus and ness vs dirtbag battle aswell yeahhh!!!!
    test
  9. Boom

Boom paradox

they should really do something about the projection sound, mostly all the reviews are 'i couldnt hear them' lol
    test
  10. nyccee4

nyccee4 New Member

nigga how many times u gunna chop it up? fucken iron chef ho here.
    test
  11. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

everyone who "spoke up" was fine

qp and ab hogish were quiet
    test
  12. thewangbot

thewangbot Member

bodybagggg
    test
  13. uglylovely

uglylovely New Member

about the sound...
    lavalier mics???
    kinda confusing why GT never uses em.
    test
  14. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

Anyone who made an effort to project to the crowd did perfectly fine. A few people just battled like it was only their opponent and the camera man there.
    test
  15. Triangle

Triangle 100% FRESH

hahah this leaned the shit out of me
    test
  16. BAdams421

BAdams421 New Member

yikes
    test
  17. TradeMark310

TradeMark310 Tunk vs Lux

son I Chopped it up more then the Mountain Bros. producer. What do you know about that?

Nah, it was just a mixture of that's about all I could do as far as having a cool time and the fact that a lot of heads were cool as fuck to talk to. I came without any intention of talking!
    test
  18. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

This basically. For the first half I could hear most everything pretty well but I was between 1/2 to 3/4 of the way back in the main room away from the stage. I was in the very back for the second half because it was completely packed and I didn't want to have to push through a bunch of people just to squeeze between people like a can of sardines.

QP was hard to hear even when I was closer but when I was in the back it was practically like Dizaster was battling himself. lol Nah, not really but it was pretty bad. Considering how many people were there, it could have helped to use some kind of mics. I could more or less hear about 70%-80% of what was said of the battles when people projected but as soon as anyone didn't or there was any kind of reaction/talking, I didn't know what the fuck was going on.
    test
  19. wizzington

wizzington New Member

stumbled upon this. dopeee
    test
  20. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Sorry I had to edit out the video. I really wanted to leave it so everyone can see it but the owners have had problems with bootlegged video getting posted here before so we just can't allow it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.