Bobby Lashley signed with TNA

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by chop stick, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

before mma id be like blah.. but hes pretty damn popular now, so its good for them.

im still waiting on lesnar doing both.
    test
  2. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

he can do both sometime next year I think, his no compete clause runs out in 2010 I believe.
    test
  3. abz is died.

abz is died. #puppybreathandcinnamon

Lesnar won't do wrestling. He's a big deal in MMA and no way Dana lets him do fake fighting now. This isn't Japan where guys can do both without anybody caring.
    test
  4. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

im so tired of people bringing up wrestling is fake.. like we dont all know lol. u dont think lesnar is gonna leave ufc if tna offers him big money?

shit the wwe might even want him back. 1 million dollars for "fake fighting" or 1000 whatever mma pays
    test
  5. abz is died.

brock got 400k just for one fight, so he can fight 2-3 times a year and make the million he would make by going out there every night for wwe. plus he just likes mma better. the whole reason he quit was that his heart wasn't into wrestling and he didn't like the wwe schedule.

and it's the mma people who keep bringing up fake fighting. brock has a contract with ufc, and there's no way dana white lets him do wrestling too.
    test
  6. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

wwe still makes way mroe money than ufc.

if lesnar is reallllllllly popular.. i can bet my left nut vince wouldnt mind dropping a few million to get him back.

plus that wwe merchandise brings in a lot of money

they paid mayweather a lot of money for ONE fight.

and lesnar is way more popular right now
    test
  7. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

of course when his contract expires
    test
  8. abz is died.

considering lesnar left wwe to try out for a reserve spot on an nfl team, i don't think money is that big of an issue for him. he doesn't spend a lot, and he's a lot happier doing mma than he was doing pro wrestling. in the end, i don't think it matters what vince wants because brock wants to do mma and he's going to do mma.
    test
  9. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

yeah, youre probably right.

but i think if he had absolutely no interest in wrestling , he wouldnt of went to japan.
    test
  10. yea he made more money off that fight with couture than he did in a years time in wwe
    test
  11. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

I could see him maybe doing something with TNA like a one shot deal, wouldn't be a lot of work, just do what 3 days of work for the month, the TV tapings and then the PPV. If he did come back I think it would be with TNA and take that light schedule. Also maybe if Lashley is sucessfull with it
    test
  12. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

lesnar vs lashley would make tna a lot more popular
    test
  13. Velocimaca

Velocimaca Trash can, baby.

The only time you'll see Lesnar in wrestling is in maybe an occasional non wrestling role, or you might see him come back after he is done with MMA. Considering that he should have a good 10 years left, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Besides, Dana and Brock want to keep clear the fuck away from wrestling right now. The association is more bad than good in the long run, and they know that.

Did you see Lesnar post fight after his most recent victory?

[​IMG]
    test
  14. Velocimaca

Lesnar was too competitive for wrestling. Part of the reason he left is because he felt like Guerrero winning the belt was a slap in the face. Not because he disliked Eddie, but because he felt like after putting in work and doing what he was supposed to do, he should be the top guy. In wrestling, of course, that isn't the case. It's all about the fresh faces and what's good for business. In mma, you're the top guy as long as you're the top guy.

I hate lashley as a pro wrestler, but as an mma guy he seems like a good prospect. Wish he'd stay away from wrestling.
    test
  15. xX_NASTY_Xx

xX_NASTY_Xx Guest

3 days to make a million + endorsements > 340 days to make a million + endorsements

your loyalty to wrasslin is clouding your judgement
    test
  16. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

no im a business man.. if i were in that situation, id rather fake fight and make a lot of money.
    test
  17. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

in mma u lose a couple of fights ur done , in wwe they can write you to be unstop able
    test
  18. ••••

••••

fake fight?
    it's staged but you see more injuries and ware and tear on the body in wrestling than you do in mma
    test
  19. ••••

••••

but what say's that they will?
    test
  20. Velocimaca

Lesnar has stated several times that wrestling is harder on the body all year round than MMA. In MMA you basically have 8 or so weeks of punishing training before the fight and then some downtime in between.

Oh yeah, did we mention he makes a lot more money?

More money, less punishment, more actual competition, less hectic schedule = not going anywhere. Even if Fedor comes and leads to his downfall in UFC, japan will make him bill gates rich.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.