Blueprint 3: Your thoughts

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by nappyjim, Aug 31, 2009.

?

Blueprint 3

1. 5 Mics

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 4 Mics

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3 Mics

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 2 Mics

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 Mic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Shit dont even deserve a mic.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nappyjim

nappyjim Active Member

50 line aint a diss imo. 50 went on to sell millions and Jay just sayin he thought he had finished his career at summerjam.

Puff thing I can kinda see, but I dont think Jay meant it that way and I think Puff would agree he was a lot hotter back then than he is now.

I dont agree with the track bein an overall diss either. Jay just givin props in my book and then introducin us to J. Cole.
    test
  2. fishyfishy

fishyfishy Active Member

its cool music to listen to but lyrically its what a 12 yr old would write. so it's normal jay-z/
    test
  3. Stock22

Stock22 New Member

Its 3 mics, pretty average
    test
  4. DHighman

DHighman the wikedest

yeah thaz like his best bar on the whole album, why he wont just spit a full song like that ill never understand.
    test
  5. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

Lmfao @ "shit don't even deserve a mic." [funny]
    test
  6. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

word. for me, kanye made this album great
    test
  7. Macmili

Macmili Thorough

Top 3 Tracks:

1. Empire State of Mind (obviously)
    2. Already Home
    3. Reminder
    test
  8. gballinace831

gballinace831 New Member

Word. I don't think its good enuff to be considered a Blueprint album..too many features..and to me it seems like some lines r a lil forced..
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  9. jaykay

jaykay New Member

not feeling this as much as i was when it first came out. it's still better than most other rapper's albums, but lyrically it's probably one of his worst albums. he says some real corny shit and his flow is off/lacking on some of it.

first half is dope, second half consists of half garbage/half decent songs.
    it's still better than kingdom come but no where near as good as american gangster.

looking back in retrospect we got a fucking gem with AG - that album is near classic to be honest. one of, if not the best display of wordplay/double entendres over the course of an album ever.
    test
  10. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

For people complaining that this album is subpar lyrically... how is this different from most of Jay's albums?

I've given in long ago and accepted the fact that I'm not going to hear anything mind bending from Jay-z. As usual, jay's above average AT BEST when it comes to lyrics nothing spectacular. so... why are people just seeing this now? its been the same shit for 13 years.

and for the record, I also agree that this shouldn't be called a blueprint album.

I cant stand listening to the first 2 blueprints except for a few songs on them like Renegade, Takeover, Meet the Parents, Blueprint 2 ... maybe a couple others...

BP3 I can listen to all the way through
    test
  11. 00narayana00

00narayana00 New Member

jay z is the best at what he does

sell records!!!!

not make good music. he does'nt even try to do that.
    i would listen to his stuff because it shows you what people want to hear. He is clever and works that out. But to actually play his albums to hear music.... come on..... song after song him bragging with clever lines. dude its like getting slapped in the face over and over again - him mocking the listener, ie YOU.

Some people are gluttons for punishment. go on take another 10 dollars from me. go on hit me again. tell me how you are the best. tell me about how much stuff you have. then tell me how you dont really care about rapping. mock me. come on. Please

listen to this for something real
    YouTube - Different Hip Hop. Summer Hurts
    test
  12. 00narayana00

00narayana00 New Member

ha in fact just calling it blue print 3 is like a private joke

he figures he has the blue print to sucker him. and by buying it you confirm that he does
    haha

fair play. someone has got to do it.
    test
  13. jaykay

jaykay New Member

What? Jay-Z is lyrically amazing.. he has a couple of hiccups like KC and this one but apart from that every album is lyrically incredible.....
    test
  14. Jay Jacob

Jay Jacob New Member

If you think about how many albums he has done.

If you think about the other rappers in the game that have done a great number of albums (not necess 11). You will think off the top of your head of a few sh*t albums!

Jay-Z has got to be the most consistent ever! Even if kingdom come was not as good as his other albums - it was still good.

You cant say any of his albums are bad...and the overwhelming majority of them are incredible, which speaks volumes.
    test
  15. -Paper Chase-

-Paper Chase- alwaysgotberrybluetoblow

Still a 4 mic album, prob closer to 4.5 mics

Jay is still the greatest to ever do it I don't give a damn what anybody says
    test
  16. Superman70

Superman70 edited

lol@ the idea of this being better than the first Blueprint.

i think it's probably his worst album. Kingdom Come is better.
    test
  17. Halfway_Crook

Halfway_Crook Well-Known Member

Tell me how to like a Jay-Z album. PLEASE. What's his grimiest and most coherent? People seem to rate AG highly... should I cop??
    test
  18. jaykay

jaykay New Member

lol serious?? how can you NOT feel RD, Vol. 1, BP, TBA, AG, etc? or you just haven't listened to 'em?

his best album is RD. listen from beginning to end, don't skip any of the tracks and most importantly really listen to the lyrics cos you will most likely miss alot of the shit he says... if you want a more up to date or relevant album do the same thing with AG instead and when you're listening keep in mind the concept of the album (inspired by the film) and the context he's trying to set for the concept (1970's) and make note of the references to this time period and also the samples used from this period. if you do this i don't see how you can't appreciate it.
    test
  19. ILOVEGOODMUSIC

ILOVEGOODMUSIC New Member

test
  20. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

lol. its like a guy on a date with a girl who wants the girl to come to his hoous so badly that he'll pretend to engage in a conversation.

"yeah, I love music. especially barry white. hes awesome. especially when its just two people. so you wanna come to my house later and listen? "
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.