Blacks get too much credit for being more musical

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by Macabre, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sagacious infant

sagacious infant reflecting the sun

If rap isn't music (says a few patrons of rapmusic.com) ...then how about you take the so called simple formula and make your own rap record. Let's see how it stands.

I understand folks on here like arguing for the sake of arguing, and that's what it seems like you (thread starter) are doing. Just because you cannot appreciate Hip Hop does not make it trash.

And I haven't come across not a one person on rapmusic.com who is enough of an authority to argue the origins of music. It seems to me that this is all a matter of taste. You can like what you like without offending entire cultures.

All this animosity toward Black folks sounds like a bitter self pity party. Perhaps that is what makes you feel better about yourself...and the world rotates with or without...so hey...do you.
    test
  2. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

This thread still hasn't proved anything.
    test
  3. Nebz

Nebz R.I.P. Point Game

Ripped him...
    test
  4. QB Reloaded

QB Reloaded can you woo, woo, woo?

LOL!
    test
  5. Index Lewis

Index Lewis Sadomasochist.

it's a great feeling knowing i'm more musically talented than any rapper.
    test
  6. !ron HorSe

!ron HorSe New Member

I keep a banger in the ankle, one in the hip
    Two in the stash, one come up when I shift
    I keep one under the chair where I sit
    I even got a gun in the hair in the bun of my bitch
    test
  7. Threshhold of intel

Threshhold of intel cleveland is the city...

get bullied...***** we bully yall...we the bullies....yall scared to walk in are neighborhoods, ***** i can walk in any white neighborhood in america, with a black power shirt on and motherfucker wont do a thing........
    '

i'm just trying to figure out what type of motherfucker claims they hate rap..but is on a rap site everyday....
    test
  8. Index Lewis

we better back a few feet away from his cage...

the illiterate ape is getting angry :(
    test
  9. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

I'll just piggy back off you and victor on this one.
    test
  10. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

"rm.com...the only site where someone being white, canadian, or british is actually an insult." <== odd comment about a site that's easily 70 percent white. I've been here six years, I've only seen it get whiter. I guess you presume that it's predominantly black because it's "rap". Go look at the crowd at a common or kweli or mos def concert. See if it is remotely distinguisheable from the ethnic make up of a Jane's Addiction show. There are more black people at a Kelly Clarkson show.

As far as blacks getting too much credit, it's funny. I've been in this business enough to be privy to a lot of cases being brought by black families in lieu of their dead relatives for not getting credit at all for their work. Atlantic records was founded specifically for the purpose of taking black music and making white artists sing the songs so that it could be sold to white listenners. To many kids, this is mere fiction.

Today, it's different. Now, they take good rappers and make them sing about gangster living that they never knew about, guns, hoes, bitches and N*ggas, etc. How do I know this? Because they have tried it with me recently with some of the biggest names in music, like Capitol, Sony, etc. Loved my music, wanted me to be "more black". So the change is simply this: white businessmen have learned that white youths would rather view the spectacle of the black animal. People go to zoos to see Gorillas a lot more than they go to museums to see exhibits about the first man on the moon. Enter NWA and G-Unit. Bye Bye Vanilla Ice. ****s make money, flat out.

That's why Jay-Z is big and common sold a half a mil on his best day. Same with Kweli. Mos Def SHIPPED platinum ONCE. He had some choice words for Jimmy Iovine in a recent Source mag about this very issue. They wanna see us drunk and crunked up on some pimp juice with eastsidaz named Big Sam and Li'l Bo (sam and bo? Sambos?)

So no, we don't get enough credit. We are discredited and put in the forefront. We are derascinated and raped and held out as the paragon of black society, while groups like The Coup can't catch a break.

And people who say whites are better break dancers? I'll go out on a limb her. No they aren't. They are better gymnasts. Watch white breakers next time you see a cypher, and tell me they can't do that to no music. Quite often, they are not on beat. Few modern breakers are. Back when it was just us for the most part? (and yes, I'm old enough to remember that) if you went off beat, you got the fuck out of the circle. Watch "The Freshest Kids" dvd on that issue.

And blues, jazz and rock and roll? Do I even need to say anything? Like this cat isn't just racist and dumb? Like we really need to look at iLL Rich and Yo Momma aka Milosovich, etc. to determine their stance on the race and stupidity scale. [dunno]

[​IMG]
    test
  11. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Saggy is the only one whos managed to even make a cohearant comeback.
    test
  12. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

point 1: not truth, opinion.

point 2: once again, opinion.

point 3: so, you're comparing a black man who has rhythm to a mon-key at the zoo? don't blame god that you don't have the ability to impress somebody with your dancing skills. watch a michael jackson video than watch any other white, pop video, and tell me who can dance better.

point 4: you've got a point there. but i'd rather listen to somebody spit some heartfelt, dope lyrical shit than somebody just play a guitar saying nothing. =/ so what do you call the lead singers of bands who don't play an instrument? they're not real musicians? should the other people in the band get more credit than them? and, by the way, you should listen to the roots. i heard they dope. :tongue:

point 5: dog...blues is black music. just get over it.

point 6: wrong.

whitney houston, mariah carey, alicia keys, destiny's child, brian mcknight, babyface, usher, ginuwine, damn, the list goes on.

before you hate on rap music, check the website you at, homeboy.
    test
  13. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

99 times out of 100, that's sags for ya.
    test
  14. Threshhold of intel

Threshhold of intel cleveland is the city...

see some more corny white boy shit...you say what you want when your 1,000
    miles away...we all no the real deal......you pussy....i smell it.....you wouldnt talk that shit face to face..but its good lame....
    test
  15. Index Lewis

typical trey m type shit.

you don't have a brain functional enough to write a comeback so you resort to "oh, if this was offline you wouldn't blah blah ****** talk ****** talk blah blah"

you're all so predictable...sometimes i think the black people on this site are just computerized and created by jeff for the sake of having blacks on the site.

either that or you're just a bunch of poorly made wind up dolls with no more than 3 sayings.

btw, you're not tough.

judging by the majority of people I saw on my trips to St Claire, Woodland, Euclid Avenue and other East Side Cleveland neighborhoods..you're probably 20 lbs underweight, look like freddy adu on welfare, and can't read or write because you never attempted jr high.

god i hate cleveland. what a gay shitty place.
    test
  16. !ron HorSe

!ron HorSe New Member

lol, your just as predictable also.
    test
  17. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

^ lol, i'm saying.

you type better so that makes you better than him. :tongue:
    test
  18. Index Lewis