Blacks get too much credit for being more musical

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by Macabre, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macabre

Macabre Guest

seriously. This will probably be considered rascist since you're all very light-skinned black people, but it isn't meant to be. Nor is it meant to be an Indexish shock value thread, just truth.

-hendrix had nothing on jimmy page and a lot of people I can list off the top, although I liked some of his work a lot.

-breakdancing is fucking stupid. I hate how people always use the "white people can't dance as good" shit. When a black guy "busts a move" (twitches a lot to the bass) in a club people say "dope" and other ignorant words you assholes use. When a m.onkey at the zoo does it, people just say "cute" and continue eating their coney dogs and abusing their kids.

-rap isn't music, it's what the people who have no chance of being a real musician do.

-The blues is great, and I loved people like BB King and Huddie Ledbetter who really made it great, but bands like Lynard Skynard took it to new levels.

-R&B is as bad as rap. Just put some guy behind a mic and have him go through 20 notes for the word "the" and you have a hit single.
    test
  2. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

why u mad, doggie?

hendrix.. i dunno who listens to the guy, or rock in general, so i never hear him get props

break dancing is some cool shit, its like gymnastics to music really... people at the club dont really dance like that, break dancing isnt "dancing".. u cant go up to a girl and fuckin moonwalk on ur knees at the club, lol

rap is real music. people who got no soul, or knowledge of street life dont like it. which one are u?

the blues... is shit people born in the 30s listen to

r+b is cool, but its mostly for the ladies.

stop hating
    test
  3. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Ironic that white people are better break dancers than blacks. Maybe that's why the sterotype exsists. A cheap comeback.
    test
  4. Look im Gangsta

And I dissagree over rap and R'N'B. Today they consist of a producer sampling a white musicains voice or music and some two-bit ghost driven rapper shouting over it.

But it hasn't always been like that. Alot of rappers used to produce their own shit and play their own instruments. Best example being my main man mc ricky d. Same with r'n'b singers. R'N'B only went to complete shit in the past 6 years.

But over all 'white' genres of music deserve more credit if only for the fact 90% of rap beats since 1980 have been sampled or influenced by it at some level.
    test
  5. Macabre

Macabre Guest

It's like everything I hate about rap and people who follow trends just formed into a screenname and started posting.

This has nothing to do with me not liking ill rich from before either, that post defended everything that bothers me. Amazing.
    test
  6. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

just wondering but why does black people getting credit for making good music bother you?
    test
  7. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

black people are more original with musical styles

they created the blues, rock n roll, rap, reggae etc

white people just come along and do it better
    test
  8. Macabre

Macabre Guest

There are a few talented rappers and old R&B guys, but mostly I think it's really annoying. Especially modern R&B singers like usher, mary j blige, and a bunch of other people who have too much respect and money.

I loved rap for a long time, even sample beats are good from someone with enough talent to do them right (rza, dj premier). Rap in the 80s and early 90s was the best. I even like most of run dmc except for walk this way, most of epmd, slick rick, and others. Rakim was a boring overrated fuck.
    test
  9. Macabre

Macabre Guest

Well, I'll answer this with what inspired the thread.

I saw Jimi Hendrix as number one on the best guitar player on a few lists. You don't listen to rock so let me explain this a little: He WAS really good, but he only gets that number one spot because he was black. He also gets the credit for molding blues with rock before anyone, because blacks are thought of as the only people in the world able to play the blues by most people, but that isn't true.

Plus you're white if I'm not mistaken, doesn't the fact that most people say you'll never have complete dancing ability unless your skin changes color bother you? Honest question.
    test
  10. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

i always figured hendrix was an icon in rock, cuz he taught himself how to play, upside down on a gituar, and he did mad drugs and generally was a superstar for his time period.

im sure black people get pissed at the fact eminem gets alot of consideration for the best rapper ever

i mean, basically hendrix was breaking barriers, and we always give barrier breakers extra credit. like jackie robinson, tiger woods, and that bitch who drives in the indy car sereis.

if u asked me to name the 5 greatest rock stars ever... i guess, based purely off generalizations and what ive heard about them, ide say kurt cobain, janis joplin, john lennin, mick jagger, and.... jimmy hendrix. these guys have big reputations.

either way, things like this shouldnt bother u.

and for ur question, i dont care if people talk shit about my dancing ability i dont really dance much anyway
    test
  11. !ron HorSe

!ron HorSe New Member

White people get too much credit, period.

Shit, I was indebt since 1988.
    test
  12. DiZahStur

DiZahStur Wears Orion's Belt.

Jesus.

Are you really that stupid?
    test
  13. Macabre

Macabre Guest

I know, I hate dancing, but it's just the idiots who think they know shit based off stereotypes that I was trying to make a point about.

I like other forms of music about the same as a lot of you like rap, so of course I'd be bothered by something I didn't like happening with it.

and although you're right about the barrier breaking thing, Jackie Robinson was never considered all that great because baseball's never been considered something blacks naturally do better. Same point I made originally, just a different angle.
    test
  14. Macabre

Macabre Guest

You've always been a known piece of shit, no sense in commenting on the failed post.
    test
  15. Look im Gangsta

I fail to see how genres that were inspired and developed from white genres can be seen as more original.

And the only black genre white people do better than black people is rock and roll.
    test
  16. Look im Gangsta

Far be it from you to add anything worthwhile.
    test
  17. Teen Prodigy

Teen Prodigy Short2003's e-child

Correct me if I'm wrong ( which I may be, because what I'm saying is based almost solely on hear-say) but, wasn't it black people who created Rock, Blues, and R & B music?

"too much credit"

For the most part, black people should get the credit for conceptualizing and creating the music genres... and white people get the credit for glamourizing and commercializing it.... because they run the music industry and always have.

In which case, if we're looking at the origins of R & B music ( for instance).. or .. maybe not even the origins of the genre itself.. but examples of the musical genre in its clearest form we get: Sam Cooke, Nat King Cole, Marvin Gay, Al Green ( my personal favourite), Ronald Isley, the OJ's and people of that sort of legendary ilk.... then that's what that we mean when we talk about "giving credit where it's due" blacks usually get the credit for the music in its purest form.. because it was black "soul" (I know most white people hate that term because we use it as a club whenever we white-bash lol) and creativity which created that music.

Now, if we're looking at the white influence in the music, we usually see the molding of raw product/talent ( the black artist) into a commercially viable commodity. So, the blacks have the ability.. and the whites know how to make them famous, (which in the days of Sam Cooke and people like that meant exploiting them for all they were worth and putting money into their own fat pockets... but that's not what we're discussing so I'll leave that alone). So out of that glamourization and commercialization of the music... we look far down the line...20 and 30 years after the hay-day of the people I already mentioned, and we get the Ushers, the Ashanti's the Genuwine's... which you call crap. Maybe it is crap... but it's just the "progression" (or maybe evolution is a better word?) of a genre from it's pure form to a much more commercially acceptable form. We recognize that the music industry is far more lucrative now than it was then for black artists.. but is the genre "better" no.. of course not, not if we use musical ability as the criteria. So I wouldn't say R & B music is bad.. because in its original form.. before it was perverted and bastardized by whatever external forces, it was great music.

I only make this claim for R & B music because I'm the wrong person to speak for the origins of hip-hop music... either that or Macabre is right and thus I wouldn't be able to refute anything he says.... which is probably the case.

Anyways.. I'm ranting.. I'm not sure I addressed anything that's been said in the thread... but the thread interested me.. so here is what you get... lol my apologies.
    test
  18. Look im Gangsta

Before the races met, to my understanding. England and Europe had a few genres of music.It was far more developed than black music. Black people were more tribal and never really had performing arts like whites did. Not until they took white music and built their own genres using their 'style' i guess with our 'methods'.

I hate the way, more so in America (because nothing exsisted before America) that white people just sat in silence before black people started singing on slave ships and white people stole it all and branched off it. Maybe its all part of the afro american belief that everything in history is a lie.
    test
  19. Macabre

Macabre Guest

The R&B people you mentioned were all part of the ones who had talent, so much different than today's scene.

But the rest of your argument wasn't close to what I was going for. I'm talking about the musicians themselves, not the corporate people that fuck it up.
    test
  20. Teen Prodigy

Teen Prodigy Short2003's e-child

Like I said, I could very well be wrong... so, break it down for us. What's the truth?
    This isn't something I've done any real research on or looked at from anything more than a subjective level.. so enlighten me. Seriously.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.