Blackout 3 PPV Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by THINKaboutIT, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. festeelerfan

festeelerfan multifaceted lacerator

J-Pro had the best or 2nd best performance of the night imo. Sun Tzu has good ideas but articulates them poorly when rapping
    test
  2. QuadDamageNZ

QuadDamageNZ 1O SB NZ

Math was horrible. Pat wasn't his best, but Math actually sucked.
    test
  3. aviforpresident

aviforpresident Member

test
  4. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

Nope. I haven't been to an event in a while ... maybe a year and a bit now? I can't remember the last one I went to.

The crowds were getting a little too loud for me. What are you opinions on the crowd noise levels fellow KOTD fan?
    test
  5. nnnnnnnnn

nnnnnnnnn DOUG MUNNiE ~EZMunnieCLIQ

who was the one that predicted diz would get booed ???? good prediction
    test
  6. QuadDamageNZ

QuadDamageNZ 1O SB NZ

HOLY FUCK @ the accidental 'dramatic' moment in Shotty's second. Easily the most well-placed thing i've seen in a battle.
    Respect to Ness for being real about hte decision too. Good battle, not awesome, but good.
    test
  7. brodeezy

brodeezy take this fuccin neg

tbh tho, the crowd was going nuts over so many pat bars that were straight garbage.
    test
  8. Muellerl

Muellerl Well-Known Member

I think alot of people were overreacting to simple bars, but different strokes diff folks. Are you from Toronto? If I was from the area id be at all the events.
    test
  9. festeelerfan

festeelerfan multifaceted lacerator

Anyone know the name of that J-Pro song that came up in the second intermission? Or what his rap group's name is? Shit was dope
    test
  10. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

I am from Toronto! There was a time when I was quite enthusiastic about battling as well. I think a lot of people who were very supportive of the scene during the time period that I was have moved on as battling has grown larger and evolved somewhat in its content and especially in the atmosphere and scale of the events. It's definitely a different place now than it was when I was most into it. I still follow the scene, but am not nearly as interested in it as I once was.

I think there's a lot of bias involved in that as well. The time when I was most involved with KOTD is obviously going to be the time I look on most fondly. There was a real sense of community back then that I feel is getting more and more fractured as battling gets larger. Then again, the increase in scale allows leagues to do better things, book larger names. But you definitely lose out on the atmosphere that really makes a battle enjoyable in person and on camera, like those events that I enjoyed going to so much. It was very easy during the time I was most active at events to find a place where you could see and hear the rappers. And the footage was rarely interrupted by an unruly audience.

I don't think it's surprising that when you look at some of the most highly regarded battles from the last year, they came in that more intimate atmosphere (in particular I'm thinking about JC vs. Chilla and Big T vs. Tsu Surf here). I would really like to see KOTD throw some events featuring big name talent in these kinds of smaller venues - BUT does it make sense to get a better crowd atmosphere if it means sacrificing the mass appeal of your product?

There's a lot to consider when it comes to the audience dynamics at these events, I think.
    test
  11. dexptjy

dexptjy Active Member

Epsilon project, I think.
    test
  12. WillyMcLain

WillyMcLain Well-Known Member

just watched the battles... diz was absolutely terrible... boos were for a reason... his 2nd round might be the worst round ever written...
    test
  13. Lackadaisical

Lackadaisical Well-Known Member

He was absolutely pure trash. God awful for the most part.
    test
  14. haze skunk

haze skunk Member

If you think the fact that diz got booed = he got jerked, I can't take you seriously anymore

Would you actually fall for the shit he was spitting ? yelling off the top of his lungs his eyes were gonna come out of they sockets and no punchline? no well structured schemes/bars? just random rambling?

Fuck outta here
    test
  15. God of rap

God of rap Active Member

i would have boo'd diz too. Horrible, horrible performance.
    test
  16. Fuckyou

Fuckyou Member

Quaddamagenz shut...the...fuck up..please! You suck dick youre opinion doesnt matter queer
    test
  17. mister_nAz

mister_nAz Member

any one want to be a good Samaritan and send me log in details?
    test
  18. Envy

Envy Song Writer / Artist.

If he thought an arm push was violence, he must of had a heart attack when he saw Math punch Dose.
    test
  19. Notsure

Notsure Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pat not only killed it but 3-0'd what many said would be his biggest challenge yet (only debatable round is the 3rd really).

Can't wait for the excuses when this drops, at least you can't use "corny jokes" or "it's about rapping" this time, cuz Math was all about corny jokes and talked the whole time/slipped up like 4 times in his 3rd. Originality is out the door too since Math rehashed everything everyone's already said
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.