[Black] Woman Walking...

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by tight-eyes, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN Ray of Sunshine

1) I used to give looks back to a guy that acted like that, but doing that can only cause trouble. Generally I don't even turn around or I avoid them.. I don't respond and pretend they don't exist.

2) No.

3) I think maybe twice I've been approached in a respectful manner.. I'm telling you its extremely rare to find around here.

4) Nicknames irritate the hell out of me.. lol I have a name and if you don't know it then you should ASK. Don't call me some nickname like we're dating already when I don't even know you.
    test
  2. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

^^ relax baby cakes
    test
  3. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

You're witty.
    test
  4. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

Your titty.
    test
  5. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

Creepy would be an understatement. I've been followed before, too. Various times. I know how that feels. You need to start carrying what my friend's mom calls a "get-cha gadget" (mase, pepper spray, taser gun, etc). I cant imagine what would posess someone to follow another person like that.

I bet. I think most women feel that way in those situations. Sometimes its just plain embarassing, too... having strangers call you out like that in public in front of other people.

I can agree. I am usually cordial (at least a head nod) to a person who approaches me with respect.

But the rude/crazy ones get ignored. Maaaaaaaybe even make a face, an eyeroll or some other outward sign of agitation... if I don't feel such a reaction will compromise my safety. But some guys get very aggressive and abusive when you reject them, so most often I just ignore them. Getting away from them is a god idea... the last thing you want to do is provoke them to get even more aggressive.
    test
  6. tight-eyes

Why do you feel that women should be flattered by anything that isn't blatantly disrespectful? Do you feel like women should be appreciate the fact that men find them attractive or admire their looks, even if that admiration is presented in a way that offends the woman or makes her feel insulted/uncomfortable/harassed/etc?

What if a woman considers your "yeeeow" from across the street a not-so-blatant form of disrespect? Would you still continue the behavior? Have you ever felt like you offended or disrespected a woman when you've done that? (Either based on the way she responded or based upon your own moral compass)

How so?
    test
  7. tight-eyes

I agree with you about your reaction causing trouble. You can usually tell when you got a rowdy one on your hands and its best to just keep it movin & not even acknowledge their existence.

Most of the time when I'm out in public I have my iPod on. Even when I am not playing any music. It makes it easier to get away with acting like you don't hear a person trying to get your attention.

what if he just yelled out "yeeeeeeooow". Or "damn, you fine!!!". You wouldn't feel flattered by that? Why/why not?

For the most part, men approach me respectfully. I dont get a lot of harassment... mostly just guys trying to slow me down so they can talk to me. I had to tell a man yesterday, "sir, I'm sorry but you're asking me too many personal questions and I don't know you like that". Within the first 60 seconds of our conversation he had asked me where I was coming from, where I live, how old I am, if I was married or had kids, and what I was listening to on my ipod (he waved me down despite seeing me rockin out to the ipod... lol).

Sometimes is it just the invasion of privacy that irritates me the most.

lol... I hear you! That annoys me, too. I prefer "miss" or "ma'am".
    test
  8. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

they should feel flattered because they are being paid a compliment. even if a ugly ass dude says you look good, a girl should be appreciative of the fact shes being complimented

why would she take me saying yo as disrespect? then shes just a stuck up bitch and needs to be knocked down a peg or 2

and no, ive never felt ive offended or disrespected a woman by saying yo. im showing them i find them good looking and im tryin to get their attention

because for a girl to walk pass and not even acknowledge that im talkin is just fuckin rude

like bitch i know you can hear my voice, dont act like all the sudden i dont exist thats some childish stuck up shit

girls talk about chivalry is dead and guys are dicks and shit now.

bitch if im trying to be nice to u and u act like i dont exist, then what the fuck is that?

pick which way you want to be treated.. dont cry about being treated like shit if u dont even acknowledge someone tryin to be genuine.

and im saying bitch in the third person im not callin yous bitches lol
    test
  9. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

hahahahahahhahhahahahahaha...OMG....this is really going to go over well with the ladies of the forum.
    test
  10. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

OH trust me tight-eyes I have the mase lol. Never had to use it yet, though.

Lol. If a dude were to say "YO" like he was too good to approach me in a respectful manner...he will get the boot. Idk maybe it's just some of the dudes out here and how they go about things.
    test
  11. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I didn't say anything about being grabbed... that's sexual assault.

Yelled at? Well, if he's across the street, he may be trying to get your attention. He may not even be trying to step to you, he just wants to say that you're fine. What's wrong with that?

Men get this, too... I've been yelled at, cat called and all sorts of things. I don't get offended.
    test
  12. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

No... I couldn't see the video. I was responding to the comments. Can you describe the video?

I hardly ever see a beautiful, moderately attractive or sexy woman not dress provocatively. It seems to come with the territority. Many women already have a high opinion of themselves, so they present themselves in ways that accentuate their feminine assets... especially in the western hemisphere.
    test
  13. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

lol im not gonna like jump in front of you outta the shadows and shake your shoulders and be like YO!

if we were walkin pass eachother on the street id give u a how you doin dipped in jersey accent that would make u swoon

if i caught a smile or a good and i felt like pursuin it, id turn around and walk with u a little bit n see what u were about

.. then i would cock smack you.
    test
  14. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

^lol well that's all fine & dandy...except of course the last part. Then I'd have to bring out the mase. lol jp
    test
  15. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

1) Fair enough.
    2) Yelling is disrespectful & irritating. If he's going to treat me with disrespect I'm definitely not planning on showing him any.
    3) Different strokes for different folks.. I'm just tellin you things from my eyes, not tryin to lay down the law.
    test
  16. sagacious infant

sagacious infant reflecting the sun

It hasn't happened too much lately, I'm not out and about as much as I used to be. What used to happen a lot in my early twenties was random men pulling up to me while I'm walking asking how old I am. Same question. It always struck me as a Chester Molester situation because people always tell me I look young. Even now, I'm 26 and I hear "I thought you were just out of high school!" So back then it just made me wonder why the old dudes were pulling over to talk to someone who was seemingly underaged.

How did I react? I would yell back that I was 12 and keep walking.

Every now and then I'll get a, "You should smile, you're too pretty to frown." Or a, "You are pretty." Or something similar, and to that I just smile. I'm not great at taking compliments. It's difficult to gauge where someone is coming from with a compliment. I had a scary situation in my previous workplace where a male blocked the exit to my office and demanded my phone number. I had never dealt with anything like that. So even if you're nice - you can't be too nice. You can't be too mean. You never know what someone is going to do.
    test
  17. B. Fury

B. Fury Active Member

The link you posted didn't work for me, but I did some searching. This may have been the vid you were referring to.

“Black Woman Walking” By Tracey Rose –Restricted Freedom of Movement of Black Women | What About Our Daughters

If it is, it was full of BMW (bitching, moaning, and whining).

It ain't even that serious.

Half the chicks in the video are going to be wishing they received half the attention they get now when they're pushing thirty-five. Perhaps, women just love to play "victim", huh?

Maybe I should make a documentary with spooky background music detailing all those times at the gas pump late at night. And the annoying ass bruh man comes out of no where begging for my change. How can I say no in a polite way? I mean, seriously...this is a real dilemma!
    test
  18. tight-eyes

I don't believe most women have aproblem with being complimented... hell we LOVE compliments. Its the manner in which the compliment is presented that is the issue. Its like taking a nice juicy steak and serving it up on the lid of a trash can. Nice gesture, terrible delivery.

Because its rude and it shows a lack of regard... like you don't consider her worthy of a proper approach. You wouldn't typically greet a person you hold in high regard with a "yo", but rather a more appropriate and respectful response like "hello" or an "excuse me", if you were trying to get that person's attention. So why would a woman respond favorably to receiving anything less than a respectful approach?

There are other ways you can show a woman that you find her attractive. Just because you dont think its offensive doesn't mean that the person on the receiving end is going to feel the same way.

About as rude as you yelling out to her in the way you did. If you treat someone in a way that they feel is desrespectful or rude, its likely that they will respond to you in an equally rude or disrespectful way.

You may not have felt it was rude or disrespectful, but clearly she did.

A woman does pick the way she wants to be treated by not responding to treatment that she finds offensive or undesireable.
    test
  19. tight-eyes

Scarey and creepy. Its happened to me before, too, and I was more pissed off than scared.

I think that is a HUGE part of the issue, too. Safety is always a concern for women, and often times in those situations when you have a man.. or a group of men... hollaring at a woman while she passes by... as a woman, it can be intimidating and it puts you on the defensive b/c you never know who you are dealing with or what that person is capable of. I think that's a big part of the dynamic that men don't understand and can't identify with... especially if they're not trying to.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.