Black People, I Got A Question...

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by -Caliban-, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Caliban-

-Caliban- New Member

...if I wrote a song and one of the lyrics used the word nigga, not in a slang way, but in a reference way, like if I were writing an essay on it, would that be wrong?

I'm sayin, if I wrote a song and one of the lyrics was somethin about how it's stupid for white people to argue in favor of them using the word nigga, would you get mad that I used the word in that context? I feel that substituting n-word or n-bomb just wouldn't have the same effect.

I don't see a problem with it, but educate me if I'm wrong.
    test
  2. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

I wouldnt care if i heard it cuse i dont know you... but uhhh.... If you where in a room with 3 black people, playing that track, 2 outta 3 would either

A. Talk to you about it
    B. Get upset and yell at you
    C. Jump you and tell the third dude to jump in...

Seriously.... even tho i know its for an educational purpose, i know thas how niggas act
    test
  3. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

I don't recommend you use it at all in your raps.
    test
  4. RizzleCPgOd

RizzleCPgOd and Who the FUCK are you?

No one needs to say the word... ever... Why the fuck do people feel the need to use it? 'Oh Oh it gives us power to turn a negative word into a positive knawimsayin woot woot'

Shut the fuck up, it sounds just as retarded a black person saying it as a white person.

Just don't say the word period, either side, problem solved.
    test
  5. Blemickis

Blemickis I get computers puting

I thought you were lightskinned....
    test
  6. Stackin$$$

Stackin$$$ New Member

LLOL ..ten bucks this guy is white

White ppl just cant accept not bein a part of somethin
    test
  7. -Caliban-

-Caliban- New Member

Nah, I'm sayin, that's exactly what I'd be talkin about in the song. How white people always feel the need to fit in and can't handle not being able to use the word.

The problem is referring to that situation without saying the actual word. I'm sayin, would it be acceptable to use it in that context? I'm not tryin to use it as general slang.
    test
  8. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

Nobody white or looks white (spainards, argentinians) should use it....

And I realize that white ppl hate to not be a part of anything but they are just gonna have to accept the fact they will never be able to use the word nigga comfortably in public....

Nor do they have any say-so on how or who should use it....

Matter of fact...I don't like them even tryin to discuss it...
    test
  9. -Caliban-

-Caliban- New Member

That's what I'm talkin about in the song.

The problem is referring to that without using the word. Which is what my question is, would people be uncomfortable even with me using that word in that context?
    test
  10. SoulBoy

SoulBoy Bitch wheres my Grammy

What you tryna say in the song? Like a reference to history or storytellin or some shit? That would seem a lil akward comin from somebody white. I would just imply that shit if i was you.

And i would just stay away from using nigga in a slang way.
    test
  11. -Caliban-

-Caliban- New Member

The whole song is about how embarassing most white people are in hip hop and one part was gonna talk about how they feel the need to fit in and argue to be able to use the word when it's not somethin that is up to them and it's just somethin they need to realize that they can't use.

I even would say how I'll never use it as slang, etc.

The problem is referring to the situation would require me saying it once. I mean, I could say n-bomb or n-word but that's kinda weak in my opinion. Oh well, guess that's the way that it'll have to go.
    test
  12. L.O.R.D

L.O.R.D RawKey Productions

yes we understand what youre tyring to accomplish... we are saying NO. lol

dont use it at all.. and leave it at that.
    test
  13. -Caliban-

-Caliban- New Member

Haha, true, oh well.
    test
  14. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

it would kinda be contradictory to use it anyway... i think if u dont use it, u'll get a most positive response to the point ur makin
    test
  15. -Caliban-

-Caliban- New Member

Yeah, I'll just find a way to work around using it.
    test
  16. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

man white people son.... i HATE when they say no one should use it. ill use it any damn way i please. you dont have that righyt to tell me wtf i can use wit my people. now you have the right to tell me not to call you ••••••. and i wont.
    test
  17. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

See this is funny, even though Imma a sand nigga I don't even say it out in public unless its among my friends and theres no one in earshot away that can hear it and get offended. The funny thing is this dude I know that's rapping he's half Algierian half Emarati (from Dubai) and he was using it in his raps, and I was like dude, you can't use it if u wanna get somewhere in this rap game. Then he'd be like well my grandfather is black, i'm like so, you don't look it and to blacks ur arab so it don't fuckin matter what ur gramps is. I never use the word unless its around my close black friends. around random black people, I tend to use brotha, I don't even know why, but I guess cuz a lot of Muslim Black at the mosques would always come up to me and say Brotha and I chilled with them a lot. If y'all chi-town cats know MPAC, the couple of times I saw them and chilled with them they referred to me as brotha, and it stuck. It's a muslim thing too, you got Muslim dudes and chicks calling you brotha too...like from different nationalities...

Bottom line, don't use it. Specially not in rap. It's more of a challenge not to use it and it will allow you to be more creative.

Pz
    test
  18. th3r3isn0futur3

th3r3isn0futur3 Active Member

hahahahaha ... who asks this... kinda funny though, neva heard this asked in my life mayn...

mayn he is white...

but on the real... to reply to this guy, who cares mayn... s'all bout the ••••s anyways. 1
    test
  19. Stackin$$$

Stackin$$$ New Member

LMFAO
    test
  20. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

-dies-
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.