Black leaders: End N-word in entertainment

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by chickenwang, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Black leaders on Monday challenged the entertainment industry, including rappers, to stop use of the racial slur that Michael Richards uttered in his tirade.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/27/michaelrichards.ap/index.html

ah, the age old debate has been brought to the forefront of cnn.com and it only took a washed up douchebag to bring it back.

the most interesting thing is that paul mooney has been inspired enough by richards' idiocy to quit dropping n-bombs from here on out. sure there's clearly no logic behind the excessive use of the n-bomb by blacks, but it's so embedded in the culture that the only plausible response from the rap community will be "nigga please."

you can't banish the n word like you can't banish alcohol, cigarettes and why peta will never convert me into a vegetarian.
    test
  2. two words

Noble Savage

It ain't gonna happen
    test
  3. rofl...
    test
  4. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

First you have to get the whole Majority of Black men to stop saying the N-word to other black men.

Then maybe, This might have a chance.

otherwise - See ghet.
    test
  5. Flow-Joe

Flow-Joe Annyong!

The word Black Leader is an oxymoron...

No one or small group of people represent an entire race!!!
    test
  6. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

^ tell that to Al sharpton. LOL!
    test
  7. Flow-Joe

Flow-Joe Annyong!

I know, right...

Maybe back in the day, but I'm sick of all these older black dudes like Bill Cosby and 'nem thinking they know what's good for all of us. You're fucking rich, you haven't been black for about 50 years...
    test
  8. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Word!

Jessy jackson Would take payment from seinfeld in a second.

And according to your logic, I'm black!
    Becuase I can't seem to get rich either.
    test
  9. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

It's not about being rich... it's about being out of touch with the people. Guys like Bill Cosby are patronizing and embarrassed that "ignorant" black folks are fuckin' up their image since they've "made it."

Success to them is complete assimilation and the loss of cultural values instead of self-actualization and the preservation of your true identity, which represents REAL FREEDOM.
    test
  10. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Further, what purpose does it serve to banish a word? The N-word isn't our biggest problem. Fuck if somebody calls you a nigga... if you get offended, then you really must be one. And you can't waste energy trying to change the minds of bigots. Let them be... do you. If your identity and drive as a person is dependent on the approval of the majority race, then you'll never be free. If you're trying futilely to convince everybody that you belong or that you're worthy as a human being, then you'll never be free.

It's impossible to END racism... but you can do your best to TRANSCEND it... MLK did, Malcom did, Carter G. Woodson did, Frederick Douglas did.
    test
  11. Flow-Joe

Flow-Joe Annyong!

I look at movies like Uptown Saturday Night where Bill Cosby was basically a big stereotype and can't see how he judges our music and culture nowadays. I don't agree with most of the current "hip-hop" lifestyle, but that's exactly what he was doing when he was younger.
    test
  12. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

whatever he s done, you gotta respect the man bill cosby is, kid.
    test
  13. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Of course, and Fat Albert was full of "jive talk."
    test
  14. B. Fury

B. Fury Active Member

Yup...that's exactly right. Like I said in another post, Black men who refer to themselves and other Black men as "nigga" are basically domesticated slaves in 2006. We should have changed our way of thinking a long time ago by now.
    test
  15. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

^I still don't know if I'm willing to give all that power to a word, though... I think the modern-day slave mentality exhibits itself more in action and behavior... ie., color-struck blacks preferring lighter skin, the whole "good hair" nonsense, the inferiority complex, mediocre students denigrating smart students, uppity blacks being embarrassed by disenfrancised blacks, and the list goes on.
    test
  16. B. Fury

B. Fury Active Member

Are you sure? It's that five-letter word that helped give Blacks their inferiority complex in the first place. Before we can get to the rest of those psychological problems you mentioned, we have to start somewhere.

Edit: Actually, six-letter word lol...
    test
  17. MC Bill Buckner

MC Bill Buckner New Member

this should never have a chance. censoring a word forever. and you would be ok with this? what if the word they chose to censor was something as inocuous as the word telephone. from hence forth no one shall be allowed to say the word telephone without repruccussions. wow.
    test
  18. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

^ telephone unlike the N-word doesn't have a History of being derogatory .

Basically what your saying is Racial words are ok with you,
    And should be used dayly.

Think about it, Only a select few are censoring the N-word, It's not being governed into a Amendment.

Noone likes a Red Herring.
    test
  19. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

You make a good point... it's how it started, but killing the word isn't going to remove the repurcussions. Education and knowledge of self will. It's like trying to put a band-aid on a severed limb. There are many blacks who don't use the N-word but are still enslaved mentally. Every 30 years, blacks think of a new term to call themselves... the word "black" is now becoming a bad word, but I refuse to say "African-American" because it's not accurate. Anyway, that's another topic, but you get my drift.
    test
  20. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

LMAO@ the WORD black being a bad word.

Goddam that is funny.

What color is your shirt?

Black!

Shame on You.

The way you worded it, I had to bring out the comedy.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.