Black Album is OVERRATED

Discussion in 'Emcee Hookups' started by Imperial, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XplicitConceptz

XplicitConceptz HasNoChanceWitAmille

Pops died, didnt cry, didnt know him that well,
    Between him doing heroin and me doing crack sales.

see, i dont understand that, My point is- ANYONE, ANYONE thats average can do that line, it has no complicated scheme or multis, no creative point, any average fuck that picks up a mic can write that bullshit

whats so good about it? i dont understand ur logic
    test
  2. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

For the record there is a difference between doing text open mics and battles, and rapping. I think MOST people arent really serious about trying to be a rapper. If the opportunity came we would run with it, but who wouldnt. Besides, most of the mainstream rappers think Jays the best, so they shouldnt be rapping? You need to broaden your horizons, because the shit your saying really dont make sense. Michael Jordan is widely known as the best basketball player ever, now if someone says Kobe Bryant is, does that mean they shouldnt be allowed to play basketball?
    Theres something out there for everyone. Jay touches alot of people since all his albums go 2x platinum at least. So for one stupid kid to sit on the net and say, "ANyone who thinks he is the best shouldnt be rapping"....is about as ignorant as you can get.
    test
  3. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

LoL Who the fuck cares about a complicated scheme or multi. I can post a ton of jay songs with complicated schemes and multis, but that shit dont make music good, WORDS do. Scarface almost always uses the same schemes and shit, but people look at him as one of the best. You really dont think through what your saying. Anyone can do ANY line.
    test
  4. XplicitConceptz

well, i admit, that statement was a lil ignorant, but he's FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR from the best
    test
  5. XplicitConceptz

WORDS do.

^^^exactly

ur not really readin wha im sayin are u? ur like emotional or somethin

the lyrics in that line are bullshit. anyone can easily say the same thing, thats why hes wack, hes very uncreative and unoriginal
    test
  6. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

The best cant be proven on internet discussion boards. But if you asked around most of the "bigtime" rappers, im sure he would have the majority vote. Tho thats only counting them, if you like underground, then good for you, i aint knocking it, but why bother arguing about opinions.
    test
  7. The Omen

The Omen Mass-Q

22 22's, Dead presidents, D'evils, Imaginary Playmates, Friend or Foe (both), and that one i can't remember the name

its got that nas sample 'sometimes the rap game reminds me of the crack game'

those are my favorites of his, im not that big of a fan though
    test
  8. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

rotf, anyone can say the same shit anyway. it aint nothing creative about words, their all in the dictionary. some rappers make up words lol, but they all have the same choice selection. There isnt a line in existence that ANYONE couldnt say. Unless their rapping in tongues or some shit.
    test
  9. XplicitConceptz

man fuck this, u makin up some bullshit now oz

u sayin aint an existing sentence that is creative unique or original

Thats the crazy ass shit righ there, dumbest statement ever
    test
  10. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

How so, anyone can say anything. As long as the words exist whats holding anyone back. I dont know what you think is so original that its impossible to be replicated, because there is nothing, there is no line, that dont have 100 like it.
    test
  11. XplicitConceptz

lol, ur retarded.....no wonder u suck so much
    test
  12. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Sad.
    What a sad sad rebuttle.

Well, I Win!

Pz
    test
  13. Siknes

Siknes i!GET INFECTED!i

im just gonna say about jay what i said before... jay is good.. not even close to the best... no one was talkin this shit before the neptunes amped his shit... jay is a good rapper who was lucky enuff to get the fuckin illest beats... forreal bar none... if u go album for album lyrically nas eats jays ass... jay isnt wack but he just spits shit a retard cud relate to and thats y he sells and hes even said that... jay said himself that COMMON was iller than he was... and i agree lol... MURS AND LIF lyrically fuk jay up... i dare jay to battle em, com sense, lif, meth... cannibus.. i bet redman cud hand jay his ass in a battle... infact i think red man is iller than jay no fukin doubt at all... id rather listen to red than big pimpin...fuk that homo shit... JAY = GOAT im laffin my fukin ass off... NEPTUNES AMPED HIS SHIT and none of his albums except blue print really even stood out as ill to me... ill take meths T2 over blueprint for real... and while we are on blueprint how wack is it that he named his album the same shit as KRS1's album and then said some wack ass shit like his was the blueprint then mine is the blueprint now...come on now... r we talkin greatest HIP POP star or illest emcee?
    test
  14. X sample

X sample New Member

Put it this way, Jay-z's flow, delivery, voice, absolutely kill mine...but truly i think me and most heads on here, especially storytelling heads, can write better content than jay-z..

but truth is, voice and beats sell albums, you got the voice and a tight beat then u only have to have a little of everything else to reign supreme...u only have to have one nice line every blue moon and people love you...
    test
  15. X sample

X sample New Member

lol, hes on your side oz, he was being sarcastic...lmao
    test
  16. Strike

Strike packin that metal

lmao I doubt that besides writin is but half the package I've seen some amazin story tellin but rarely would it sound half nice... the skill is not to jus tell the best story but findin the balance in wich your story apeals and touches the targeted audience..like you have some mc's tryin to get all complicated jus to do somethin a step beyond what others have...resultin in a much smaller audience...
    but if your really good...you can make anything complicated clear to the stupidest guy on the block and thats where a jay or pac or a kanye for that matter do better then all of you...your so hung up on this rapshit you forget that theres people who dont go indepth into multi's and meta's punches etc...

in short you've jus been on rm too much
    test
  17. X sample

X sample New Member

^ lol, that was my point wasnt it?

content doesnt matter that much, its much more about delivery, flow and most of all, voice appeal..
    test
  18. Siknes

Siknes i!GET INFECTED!i

my point was that he was just better than avg... i think all the cats i mention have better delivery, flow, imagination, creativity, and voice appeal..music accounts for more than 70% of how a person will feel about an artist... if the music is wack then the artist is wack prime example is cannibus
    test
  19. Rasmil

Rasmil New Member

Yall must be fuckin buggin jigga is the nicest rapper out cant no one fuck wit that ni99a at all plus a he doent write shit down its all off the top hook everything. he cant be fucked wit im tellin u the ni99a mind is just so damn advanced listen to the curse from the blueprint 2 and just hear the things he is touching on he is offically changed the game from all that shooting killing drug dealin shit and really put it on summin else not saying there is ne thing wrong wit that style its just nice to see a ni99a try somethin new and freak it that damn good hov is the best rapper out and pound for poound the 3rd best of all time cant no one fuck wit that Ni99a at all
    test
  20. Siknes

Siknes i!GET INFECTED!i

rasmil r u fukin dum he makes party hooks but still talks about how he will stil fukin blast ur ass and how he used to make trips to va to get product and shit... do u listen to the words at all... man he was a huge drug dealer man everyone knows that and he talks about it often. If you wanna be real... i like pac better than jay...that cat was a genius all the shit u heard from the time he got of jail till now was done in 3 months...3!!! cuz he was only out for 3 months before he was killed which means he did that shit in less than 3 months... and bigge was much nicer than jay z on his worst day.... listen to the flow, listen to the rhymes, listen to the complexity and multis and that cat spit EVERYTHING off the dome and never forgot a rhyme... i dont know how true it is that jayz doesnt write his shit down....and anyways thats just a memory thing if mystical flowed off the dome and never wrote anything down id think that was amazing to...still wudnt buy his album tho
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.