Black Album is OVERRATED

Discussion in 'Emcee Hookups' started by Imperial, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katharsis

Katharsis Fly......Plane and Simple

you like lil keke....i can sense it...

oh yea...btw....shut up...
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

the black album was better than kiss the game goodbye and tical 0

and jay is good at what he does, you cant deny that
    test
  3. Katharsis

but all he does is make club songs..like ballad for a fallen soldier..

and hovi baby didn't have one hot line...nor did the watcher 2....
    test
  4. XplicitConceptz

XplicitConceptz HasNoChanceWitAmille

and what he does is gets a slew of dickryders to somehow like his shit

yea, id say hes good to get anyone to give his songs the time of day, much less millions of people
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

the watcher 2 was dope

but neither of those were on the black album
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

please
    an who the fuck are you supposed to be?
    test
  7. X sample

X sample New Member

hey fuckwit...then i wasnt referring to you was i, considering your a no name loser who i could give 2 fucks about...LEAVE NOW..

and dont fret becasue im smarter than you dumbass...im a 2nd year law student coming in the top 5 of all my classes...you stupid faggot ive got more intelligence in my little finger than youve got in your whole body, haha..
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

no lie,

you sound like a little bitch
    dont call somebody a fuckwit an think you'll get away with it again
    test
  9. Katharsis

i was being sarcastic..those tracks are hot..

and X..youve been wrong time and time again..

ive been in college..and now i work in nasa level, radar work...

youre smarter than me, cuz you memorized a couple books..i dont know your 'job' you hope to get after school...just like you dont know mine....m

and i know law school triples your gangsta'ness...but dont take it out on me..

whoops..almost forgot........................moron.
    test
  10. X sample

X sample New Member

hey brah, step the fuck back, this is grown folks business...not for little kids..

katharsis - your silentt right?

i couldnt give a fuck if u are, but if so im jus letting u know im not some dumb newbie u can put it over, fact is ive dropped mad knowledge on this subject before about jay-z and got alot of props about it from people that like me, think jay-z is good, but detest you dickryders who cant handle anything being said about jay that doesnt involve the word G.O.A.T...

whatever man...and the watcher 2?

he jacked a beat and dropped an average verse, how can u give him mad props over that?
    test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

test
  12. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

lol @ katharsis. Sums up all you homos, saying he only make club songs. Jay-Z has over 180 songs, maybe over 200, god knows how many we never heard. Count up the club songs, maybe 15 tops. Yall fucking stupid. You worship eminem, like he dont make club songs, he is even fucking cheesier, with his stupid britney dissing singles. Nas dont put out singles cuz he knows he aint selling, so he can do what he want.
    test
  13. Imperial

Imperial Lex

Yo Dissy and Oz..

i feel what ya sayin, about all jay's skills, and why hes the best. I cant say anythin to disagree with that. But i jus think the Black Album (not him in general, just that album) wasnt nearly as good as his other albums. There were a couple good songs, but i thought a lot of em sounded like he put little effort into em, they came off to me as jus weak. Few quotables, and the storytellin songs were blah to me. And prolly the biggest reason why i think its overrated is cuz of his flow's/delivery's on this album. Usually, he has that loose, non-structured, layed back, not perfectly on beat-but not off beat at all, type of style. This album, he had jus straight on point rhyme schemes, which isnt his style, i dont think.

But whateva, thats my opinion. If you think the Black Album really was great, thats coo, i jus think it was a different Jay-z. OK album to me.. jus overrated.

Oh, and one more thing... i never said anythin bout Talib or Mos or anyone bein better.. i think Jay and a few more people are top 5, and i think it depends on who is doin better at the time.. like, Jay can be #1, then when i hear some dope Eminem album, thas good enough to be #1. So its jus who is best at the time, i dont think anyone has the shit on lock.
    test
  14. The Omen

The Omen Mass-Q

lol, this whole jay-z thing is really not that serious

nigs is ready to go to war over this shit
    test
  15. Katharsis

yea..i could see if he had the person he jacked the beat from on the song....but he didn't even do that...he put dr dre on it...

god..i hate jay-z..my lines are soo much iller..

you kids amaze me....every audio ive heard on rm...from warbux - nasif...it's coo for battle and shit...but i can't listen to you kids more than once...you all have a forced delivery style...and annoying voices....and then have the nerves to hate on other people....
    test
  16. Imperial

Imperial Lex

^lol word.. i made this thread at school cuz i was bored. Then i jus got home from work, and i see 4 pages full and im like damn. lol
    test
  17. Imperial

Imperial Lex

Well, i think its extremely safe to say that everyone that does net audios and does this text shit clearly understands that Jay is better than them. LMFAO, theyd be dumbasses if they didnt. So its ok to say what we dont like about Jay or others, cuz yea we wont be that good, but that doesnt mean he's perfect.
    test
  18. XplicitConceptz

I aint workin this out kindly like u Imp

str8 up, i think anyone who believes jay-z is the best rapper ever,

Is a fuckin retard and has no business rappin

The guys lyrical ability is way behind most people hes average at best

his vocals- Suck ass, too repetitive n annoyin
    Flow- monotonous

Everything about jay-z sucks, the guy couldnt drop a hot album if he took 5 years writing his best lyrics, cus he has no lyrics, its jus a buncha bullshit freestyle soundin shit, guy fuckin sucks
    test
  19. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

IMP

"Few quotables"

I guess thats the difference between us. You prolly think of a quotable as a cool punchline, that everyone does. Jay never has and never will be a punchline rapper. Thats one thing I like about his style. A quotable to you is prolly a witty metaphor, a quotable to me is...

Pops died, didnt cry, didnt know him that well,
    Between him doing heroin and me doing crack sales.

His albums are about him, he doesnt get off on tangents, he dont say off the wall crazy shit, which is why I think his verses are better than eminems on renegade. He talks about his life mostly, so how can you make that into "typical quotables". I bet he would do punchlines better than anyone tho, but WHY, why bother when you got Jadakiss, lloyd Banks, Cassidy, Ludacris...all these people are doing that, so they go one way, he ALWAYS goes the other. Black album is probably the most solid album of the yr, outside of Justify my thug, I cant think of anything wrong with the album. Lucifer is practically entirely quotable. Jay never used the same rhymes, schemes, and has an amazing vocab, he never really rhymes the same shit twice.
    I think you need to listen more closely, and really think about what he's saying.
    test
  20. XplicitConceptz

and I=better than jay-z by miles

So does anyone else who's average, although most people on this site arent for some reason Audio-wise
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.