Black Album is OVERRATED

Discussion in 'Emcee Hookups' started by Imperial, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial

Imperial Lex

Nah.. i do think quotables are witty lines, but he had much less witty lines in this album than his others. And i also mentioned his emotional life songs in my other post.. i thought they were kinda so-so. I like more of his other songs like that, but this album seemed too effortless and straight forward for me.

But i ono, maybe im jus not the type to know much about emotional type songs. You prolly know more than me about that section, but its whateva.
    test
  2. Imperial

Imperial Lex

^this is basically what i think (in a much harsher way, lol). That line wasnt creative, deep, hard, funny... it was just a random sentence. I dont see how it would be any better than any other normal random line.
    test
  3. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I dont see how it wasnt deep. When someone can take their life, and put it into introspect with a dope rhyme scheme and dope flow...I genereally consider that dope. To me, anyone can make 100 gun metas like Jadakiss and Cassidy. Its that real life lines thats tough to come up with, its hard to talk about your life and actually have someone else be interested. Anyone can do money, bitches, guns, knifes blah blah, that line to me is prolly my top 3 lines on the album. Also I just posted that line, if you take into account the next few lines, it makes it more relevent
    test
  4. BoogaTheGreat

BoogaTheGreat yuuule!

Hov...the goat honestly
    test
  5. BoogaTheGreat

BoogaTheGreat yuuule!

Pops died, didnt cry, didn't know him that well
    Between him doin heroin, and me doin crack sales

How can you not feel that line... is spittin real life shit, this man didn't cry at his dad's funeral...i dunno man, this line is madd deep.

I bet you if he had the word AK in there then you'd prolly love it
    test
  6. Imperial

Imperial Lex

OK... i dont care if hes the GOAT or not, that has nothing at all to do with this post, which i titled "BLACK ALBUM (not jay-z) is overrated"

Anyway, to Oz's last post......

In that song, he was basically jus tellin a part of his life story, so yea, that line does need the other ones around it to make more sense / make it better....... but thats all the song is, a song about his life.. hes jus tellin his life, with rhyming words in the lines. I dont care that it was real, or that someone died.. yea, ok, someone died.. thats what he said. I cant see whats so impressive about sayin what happened in his life, in no entertaining way. OK, he didnt cry.. ask me if i care. The only reason i could think people would want to hear about it is just because hes Jay-z. But in reality, it was just a rapper tellin us something that happened to him in his life..... thats all he did, say somethin that happened.

Ill try to be right back if you wanna debate some more.. i gotta eat supper. =)
    test
  7. Imperial

Imperial Lex

LMFAO @ if he had the word AK..

but honestly, i cant see whats so special about that.
    test
  8. Fantom

Fantom :ihadadream:

thats what rap is all abouit....

tell your story....

don't try to explain the pythagorean theorem to me.... Just hit me with something I can relate to...

most of the stuff Jay raps about I can relate to... which is why in my opinion he's the best....
    test
  9. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

All ima say is Imp, write a song about your life and see who wants to really listen to it. its so incredibly hard to hold someones attention when your talking about yourself. Iunno, its weird, people like me and Booga think that line is amazing, while others think its another line. What can I say? Ya know, you like what you like, i like what i like. I dont understand how you can say his other albums are better tho, every album his bests songs are his introspective ones, and he always has a bunch of them, so I unno what you expect from Hov.
    test
  10. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Its not just that he is telling you something about his life either, its the way he says it, the flow to the beat, the delivery. Everything he does to it, its perfect and it all fits together perfectly, and makes the lines that much better.
    I mean, who else other than Eminem could make one of them grimy dark type beats of his sound good, and Eminem can only do it because he custom makes his beats to his music.
    test
  11. Fantom

exactly....
    test
  12. Imperial

Imperial Lex

Word, i guess its about opinion...

I do like a lot of emotional songs, it might seem like i only like quotable punchlines, but i do like other stuff. One song that sticks out to me right now is the one Royce made on Death is Certain.. the one about his friend or someone dying, in the hospital. I really like that song, not just cuz i love his style and delivery, but that song made some really nice images in my head, they meant a lot.. like, the line he said "...watchin squiggly lines turn straight".. i thought that was a really creative way to say he died. Lines like that make it more interesting to me. Then when he talks to God about what he wanted him to do, when he said check ya list and all that shit.

But in the end, i guess its jus opinion like you said.
    test
  13. Fantom

listen to "regrets" off Reasonable Doubt...

trust me.... you'll like it...
    test
  14. BoogaTheGreat

BoogaTheGreat yuuule!

Its not just that he's tellin his life, liek OZ said, I relate to that shit...most rappers wanna follow a mold, Hov is doin his OWN shit which is why some people dont feel it, I think he's matured sooo much through his music if you listen to his old shit to his shit now....and i relate to the stuff he's sayin so ofcourse he's gonna be my favorite
    test
  15. The Omen

The Omen Mass-Q

all rappers, no matter who get to a point in they're career where they not as good as they used to be

that's why i usually am into the older shit they released
    test
  16. Imperial

Imperial Lex

Yea, see... i wouldnt give half a shit if it related to me or not. I jus dont think like that...

I think ive come to the conclusion in this debate, that i just think too differently than yall.
    test
  17. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I think eminem is better now than ever. Jay still rips every track, he just does it different, and it feels different. Not everyone falls off after their first cd. Joe budden next shit will be better, Jada will come better. That shit is a stereotype for old rappers. I also like Stillmatic as my fav nas album
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.