BJ penn is shot man...

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by OurSin, Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

He looked broken out there....

terrible corner men, his seconds had NOOO advice whatsoever

smfh

my favorite fighter, time to retire though
    test
  2. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

He's 32. Wtf @ time to retire.

It's time to get with some real trainers and corner men that will ride his ass and not ride his nut sack.
    test
  3. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

32 is old for athletes man....i mean i know in MMA it's not, but that's usually at the higher weight classes. Plus mentally he got broken, that's the second time it's happened. That's the toughest thing to recover from IMO
    test
  4. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Weight class has nothing to do with it, it hasta do with what the body can handle.

He's still got the physique, just lost all concentration (yet again) it seems.
    test
  5. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

No wonder he lss the boxing though, i didn't know edgar had the reach

reach + speed and Movement >>
    test
  6. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

I know what you mean, BJ's my favorite fighter man

but he looked broken man......his corner and camp are terrible....and he looked drained in both fights(even though before he couldn't even go 5 but still)
    test
  7. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

I don't think he looked drained so much as defeated.

He's just gotta figure it out.

The tools are there, just gotta figure out the best way to implement them.
    test
  8. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

honestly, i hope your right
    test
  9. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

did edgar have the reach? i thought it was bj but im drunk so who knows

im blown away, bj had me convinced i dont think its time to retire i think hes definitely considering it he got mentally broke tonight coming back from this gonna be hard, i think its possible tho.. besides edgar, hes the 155 king, he just has to be smarter

if you ask me, bj penn needed to go for takedowns, take edgar out his game

if he had his back at that 1 point it was a wrap props to edgar tho

still if penn went for more takedowns and leg kicks he'd be good money its funny rogan said that i literallysaid it to my boys 1 round before he did, im not sure what his corner was on they had no real advice just "go after that cockscuker" what is that??
    test
  10. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

no, marcus davis needs to reture

bj penn needs to make some serious changes
    test
  11. KaTZ

KaTZ Active Member

test
  12. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

yeah, i didn't pay attention the tale of the tape, but i saw on ESPN that edgar had a 2 inch reach advantage...not much but def enough with his speed

BJ looked terrible out there, his boxing didn't even look as sharp as the first fight and he didnt' change anything up ever. His corner was fucking awful and had no good advice at all....
    test
  13. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

bj isnt shot. thats a stupid thing to say. edgar is just the better fighter

when it comes down to takedowns and control, wrestling > jiu jitsu

and frankie is naturally quicker. he doesnt even cut, he came into weigh ins at 154. he could cut to featherweight if he wanted

youre jumping the gun way too quick
    test
  14. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

BJ isn't shot, he just isn't the greatest fighter in the history of humanity that people make him out to be.

Let's just hope BJ doesn't go emo and retire before he rematches Gomi.
    test
  15. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

exactly. bj has lost 7 times now. is he great? without a doubt, but he has always been beatable

and people also just arent giving frankie edgar the credit he deserves
    test
  16. jayoo

frankie is for real, people definitely gotta respect that now
    test
  17. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

I think as mma evolves fighters are going to be better at younger ages making it more challenging for a 32 year old to defeat say a 26 year old. Edgar is 28. 28 year olds today are more advanced in mma compared to 28 year olds 10 years ago.
    test
  18. mellance

mellance New Member

Maynard vs Edgar is going to be the most boring titltefight in history, i cant even imagine how they are going to sell that fight, neither of them can finish people unless its some over the hill burnout. Grats Maynard in advance on the LW title.

As for Penn seems the whole Marinowich thing fell apart, i have no idea why, maybe the way they trained him it was just a matter of time before the body shutdown, so im guessing he's back to his old trainingcamps now, cuz the BJ that trained under Marinowich was like a man possessed in the ring.
    test
  19. jayoo

all decision fights aren't boring to me, i actually enjoy the sport and all the aspects. has gray been boring before? yeah, has frankie, ehh.. questionable cause he does stay active. that aside, they've had some decent fights. yeah it probably will be a decision, all but 2 of frankies fights are decisions and we all know how people feel about maynard. regardless, that doesn't mean that this can't be a good fight, anything can happen. if it's boring to me ill be the first to admit it, but i dont go into a fight as a pessimist whats the point of that?

in the first fight joe rogan specifically says somethin about havin to be a true sport fan to enjoy a fight like this, i guess he was right
    test
  20. jayoo

whats most disappointing is bj penn really should still be in the discussion of p4p with silva/gsp.. his first fight with gsp, if he didnt gas he had that, their 2nd fight though was gsp all day. but his 2nd hughes fight? he had that first round, came back in the 2nd to take it, then completely gassed..

its sad that his "what if" arguments are because of cardio of all things

im still blown away he could stop hughes takedowns and give him problems on the ground but frankie edgar tossed him around.. blows my mind, frankie legitimately beat em though no cardio issue really this 2nd time around

surprised hughes isnt in the p4p talk much though, his record is unreal in mma
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.