bioshock ranked number 4 best game of all time....

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by LiQuiD6, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

im not even a huge halo fan and imma show you why you downplaying the game is the most antifanboy thing you can do...you dont have to like the game to appreciate what it has done for the game industry as a whole...this is like someone saying gta is overhyped....when a game CHANGES a genre it isnt overhyped...its monumental...regardless of you liking it or not...you hating on it just shows you have an obvious dislike thats blinding your judgement...

----------------------------------------------

heres the thing...YOU put the controller down....most people didnt....your in a minority...i enjoy fps games....and halo to me was on some half life shit....thats why i liked it.....the vehicles was on some next shit...there were plenty of corridor crawling segments with wide open battlefields mixed in....
    theres a reason damn near every fps game has vehicles now....halo was the first game to really get vehicles in a fps game done the right way.....

the controls on halo were innovative for a console shooter....and the weapon scheme was very different from anything else released...lots of games copied halo's controls and weapon scheme...the fact that you could only carry 2 weapons makes you think more about what your picking up...and why you have it...before halo every game allowed you to pick up and stash every weapon in the game...
    No fps put a strong emphasis on weapon effectiveness like halo did till its release....the differences between human weapons and alien weapons...balancing ammo and plasma....where you can pick up ammo for one...but you must discard the plasma gun completely....however the plasma gun requires no reload time because it wastes all of its ammo in one sustained attack...

the energy system was innovative and was done appropriately for the time....now everything copies it...even ww2 games copy the halo health system...you duck behind cover and dont get hit for a couple seconds and your health regenerates...

the artificial intelligence in singleplayer was ahead of its time and is something many game developers took notice on.....simple..
    the motion sensor/radar is also something that was innovative for fps games and is now pretty standard

halo1's multiplayer was unfuckwittable....if you had 4 people on one xbox it was some next level shit.....like goldeneye all over again....theres a reason people were pissed the fuck off when the pistol lost its power and scope in halo 2....and we arent even getting into campaign co-op play....which because of halo is now becoming a standard in fps games...and to this point is even becoming a focus of some games coming out like army of two....and was a big focus in gears of war...

the one negative thing about halo 1 was the repetition in level design in the 2nd half of the game....however the multiplayer maps had incredible level design....so it was a loss and a gain

so there....i "proved" to you why halo is worthy of its hype with facts supporting my opinions....
    test
  2. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

just fought my first big daddy today....and we both killed each other....only i got ressurected...

score one for immortality i say!!!
    test
  3. Cane

Cane New Member

well will you just naturally argue or will you consider the possibility we make good points? cause dude, let's be honest. i mean truly honest-your main thing is not only to just instinctively argue, but to pretend like your "opponent" just said the stupidest thing ever.

halo's about the experience. the cinematic feel, the music, the scope, the enviroments, the voice acting, and more importantly the plot, which if you look beyond the first snap judgement, is incredibly deep and probably the most thorough of any game and possibly movie out there. it's just easy to miss which damns it for some folks. i'm too lazy and there's enough reasons already.
    test
  4. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

the health system was very innovative and didnt have you wasting time looking for health packs..

like liquid said... the AI was great.. they would take cover when getting shot at.. when the leader of the pack was killed.. the grunts, jackals etc.. would go chaotic and be disorganized..

and just the overall fluidity of the game.. when halo dropped in 01.. there was never an FPS as fluid as halo(minus PC games).. movement, responsiveness etc.. gameplay was so fun and had replay value.. perfect blend of fast paced action and strategy..

100,000 still play halo 2 online each day.. this is 3 years after it dropped..

if you dont like halo.. just say it aint the game for you.. but to call it garbage or its hyped up trash is just to go against the grain..
    test
  5. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

I dont hate it.

I just dont get why it's any different from any other FPS.

and what's this plot? Aliens taking over?...does it really go any deeper than that? lol
    test
  6. LiQuiD6

i just gave you an essay as to how its different....
    test
  7. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Arguing with Rippy is utterly pointless.

I thought you posted in the Sports forum, Liquid. If you do, you should know this...
    test
  8. Cane

Cane New Member

we just told you. look it up.
    test
  9. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I fucking hate health packs, but in stranglehold it makes sense, because you can't play that game with the new FPS health regeneration and expect to live. Much different game-play. But still I agree fuck health packs. I know stranglehold didn't want to use healthpacks either considering the fact there was a Special for replenishing your health meter. However, if that was the only way of regenerating your health you'd still die constantly and the game would suck. They at least placed the health packs conveniently.
    test
  10. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

halo wasn't about aliens taking over....
    test
  11. Ethan Albright

yeah. That.

No offense, but I can't read anything that long on a message board about something I'm not that interested in.

I'm sure I can find the clliff-notes somewhere on ebay.
    test
  12. Cane

Cane New Member

hey you asked, we answered
    test
  13. LiQuiD6

then dont bother engaging in an arguement about something if your gonna bitch about how long your sonning is...might as well say you give up cause you read it and dont know how to respond to it
    test
  14. *Iceman*

*Iceman* New Member

Ratboy: You find it retarded after how many enjoyable hours and days of life wasted playing it?

E.A.: Glitches were only abused playing online nerds that googled and searched to find every advantage possible...

When I first started playing it, i was in college playing with people in the same room and skill level which made it incredibly entertaining....

Everyone that hates Halo now loved it one point unless you were never good in it to begin with, or in your mind got God-like and it no longer became fun for you...

If your waiting for a video game to come out in which you'll never get tired of playing it, that'll never happen, luster always gets lacked and the sun always sets...

Except in Norway for six months periods..
    test
  15. Ethan Albright

Yeah. That's what it is.

Or...you're just realizing you could've made your point within 3 sentences and now you're upset because nobody read it. Pat yourself on the back again, that'll make you feel better.
    test
  16. Cane

Cane New Member

^how would you know? you didn't read it
    test
  17. Ethan Albright

Yeah, that's what it says.
    test
  18. Cane

Cane New Member

you would have to know what his argument in that post was in order to say he could've summrized it in 3 lines. so respond to it. you're just like double. make a presumptuous comment and weasel out of the topic when you can't back it up.
    test
  19. LiQuiD6

no..just take the loss and move on..if you wasnt that interested in it you wouldnt be in the thread? correct?

take the L and move on......
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.