bioshock ranked number 4 best game of all time....

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by LiQuiD6, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

test
  2. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Don't get me wrong..I thought that this game was awesome. The Unreal engine is amazing and it really shows off the 360's system capabilities. It just has some flaws in the plot department. Also, as I mentioned before...at about level 12 in the game..you have basically seen all there is to see in terms of enemies and you've become SO powerful from the plasmids and all of the weaponry that the game isn't really a challenge anymore. You just really keep playing just to unravel the plot further. It just lost it's fun factor in the end to me. I swear though..one of the coolest scares in the game has to be when the splicers resort to playing dead. They were flicking the lights on and off...then I kept walking and like 4-5 splicers that I thought were dead jumped up to attack me. Yea, I jumped for a minute...but...I K.O.'ed all of them with my shotgun. Other than the little scares and the F.E.A.R-like flash backs and ghosts..the game just runs out of gas down the home stretch.

They tried to make the splicers tougher by giving them machine guns...but..once again..if you've saved a lot of little sisters in the game...these guys should be a routine joke to you. I can remember being on a flight of steps and a spider splicer jumped at me. I stepped off to the side...machine gunned him and I killed him in mid-flight and he went tumbling down the steps(it was hilarious). Then you have other stupid/hilarious stuff like being able to kill a splicer by throwing the dead body of another splicer at him using your telekinesis plasmid. I killed another one by tossing a ladder at his head. Crazy stuff like that.

All in all....it's a good game that suffers from the inevitable death in gameplay value and challenge toward the end. It's a masterpiece graphically and sound wise. After beating it though, I'd never play it again. Not that it isn't great..but...typically..games with plots don't have high replay value. Metal gear solid is a prime example. I'd give the game 8/10. Best game I've played since Condemned.
    test
  3. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

i'd form an opinion but i no longer have a working system to play it on

:(
    test
  4. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

When did ur 360 break?
    test
  5. Cane

Cane New Member

there's nothing wrong with the plot. it's hard to follow because it's not your typical"videogame" game, with a straightforward story, no subliminal plot points, no alluding to things without telling you directly, etc.

this game has about as many political and human elements as any game. the ultimate irony i think is how the carefree ideallistic world was brought down by the very person, and people, it aimed to create, and in doing so, spoke about our biggest flaws as human beings.

this isone of the very few times i don't compare this game to how a movie tells a story, because it's better than a movie. the voice acting, the writing, the music, everything is ideal. the scene where you killed ryan and afterward either makes the game for you, or it's not for you.
    test
  6. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I just saw EGM gave it ten ten ten review. I might check it out. Honestly have no clue what it's about other than it being another fps on the 360.
    test
  7. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

It's actually 6th.
    test
  8. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

^ I was just about to say that.

Halo 3 will be number 1.

I haven't played bioshock yet, but as everyone knows I love science so it should be right up my ally.
    test
  9. LiQuiD6

it dropped 2 slots cause it just tied with resident evil 4 and goldeneye.....they had it 4th when i made the link
    test
  10. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

Why would Halo 3 be #1?

It's going to be the same old shit...slightly different looking...it's going to be the Madden of shooters.
    test
  11. Ethan Albright

and these rankings are a bit skewed I think. IMO goldeneye, RE4 and Bioshock should be the 1,2,3 considering their average scores are better than those above them and the ones above them have been reviewed far less. (well, except GE)
    test
  12. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

It's not fair to rank older FPS games with newer ones...There is no way in hell that Goldeneye can stand up to Bioshock. Bioshock has it's flaws..but it was a lot better than Goldeneye..and I really liked goldeneye too.
    test
  13. Look im Gangsta

No matter what Halo 3 is like it will go number one.

Fanboy power.

Simple.
    test
  14. LiQuiD6

that all depends on critics and the game industry......if it gets good reviews then it will go where it deserves to go
    test
  15. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Add one of the best FPS to a next generation system.
    This is one Bet you will lose.

Once mass effect comes out it might slip to number 2 though.
    test
  16. Ethan Albright

This isn't based on fanboys though, it's based on actual reviews from independent gaming sites.

The highest Halo has on the list right now is 9....so who's to say they'll get past 5? Halo 1 was far more innovative and a bigger hit than Halo 3 could be...because Halo was new then, and now it's not. Where as back then it went beyond expectations...this time it probably wont even reach expectations.
    test
  17. Look im Gangsta

Last time I checked, reveiwers were still capable of being fan boys.

Pick up any magazine right now and Halo 3 is all over it.

Hype will see this game get atleast a 93% average.
    test
  18. LiQuiD6

no......the hype actually works against halo 3 this time....because the expectations are higher then ever.....halo 3 is all over everything because thats what consumers want and this is the conclusion to the triology...if it sucks...it sucks....and everyone will point thier fingers at bungie and microsoft and do a straight up nelson "HA HA"

point proven when you bring ps3's Lair.....hyped to hell....horrible reviews....
    heavenly sword.....hyped to hell....ok to good reviews....
    two worlds for 360....destroyed...horrible reviews

hype creates expectation....if it doesnt meet expectation then its gonna get destroyed...halo is banking on 3 being great because most people liked part 1 and part 2......so if 3 doesnt measure up to expectations of the game your gonna see a shitload of pissed off critics...and it wont do shit on the review level....this is like the 3rd part of the matrix status
    test
  19. ReverseSWAT

ReverseSWAT Active Member

Bioshock is awesome but doesnt even crack my top 25 of all time list.
    lol@this
    But I guess if we are going strictly on reviewer ratings and games in these recent eras then I guess its top 10
    test
  20. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

bungie has done plenty to keep the game fresh.. and it will live to expectations.. im not sure about #1 of all time or none of the rankings.. but it will meet expectations..

forge, saved films, all the new equipment vehicles, and its superb gameplay will make sure it lives up to expectations..

http://www.wired.com/gaming/virtualworlds/magazine/15-09/ff_halo?currentPage=all

singleplayer will be much better too.. in H2 they scrapped 80% of it in the middle of production...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.