Big Los Returns with industry news and gossip

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by GarciaVega, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GarciaVega

GarciaVega Razor Ramon

hey yall

i aint been behind a computer with internet since thursday so I thought Id share some of the emails cluttering my inbox...

heres a 50 cent interview where he talks about the cut of hand incident and various beefs...

dubcnn.com: You're about to drop your 2nd album, The Massacre. Are you positive it will be able to come close to Get Rich Or Die Tryin'?

50: Oh man, I feel like it's better than the first album! I put alot more details into it, I got a chance to sit back and see what was effective already. I mean I felt like I had my finger on the pulse of what's goin' on. I've had my first releases off my record company, G-Unit Records had the success they've been having. Like Beg For Mercy sold like 3.5 million worldwide, Lloyd Banks scanned over 2 million records, Young Buck is platinum, and Game debuted Nr. 1, sellin' 580,000 records his first week!

dubcnn.com: How many songs is Dr. Dre producing on there?

50: Well Dre produced 3 records.

dubcnn.com: Who else did you get for production?

50: It's Dre, Eminem, Hi-Tek, Scott Storch, Buckwild, Needlz, JR, Styles, Sha Money, a whole bunch of new producers. It's actually gonna be 20 tracks on this new album.

dubcnn.com: What about guest appearances?

50: You know me and Eminem work together good, so me and him worked together. I did a song with Olivia for Candy Shop, first single, and she's the first female with G-Unit. I'm excited about her project, it's actually the next release off G-Unit Records, she should be out in May. And away from that, I have Tony Yayo on 2 records on the album, and at the very end of the album I have a song with Jamie Foxx, me and him collaborated on a song called I Thug You Up, and the last song is a remix to "Hate It Or Love It" with me, Game, Young Buck, Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo.

dubcnn.com: There are rumours of tension between you and Game. What's your relationship with him and the rest of the G-Unit? it was said that the relationship was strictly business, and ya'll didn't really get along besides that, and him and Banks ain't talkin' and shit...

50: You know what. I don't know if him and Banks even have a relationship. You know what I mean? They don't communicate. Everybody that's signed to G-Unit Records, isn't gonna be like the guys I grew up with! And Game's situation particularly, he had G-Unit AND Aftermath. He may take his Aftermath direction opposed to everything that I think is lucrative for him. You know? And that causes the confusion, it makes people look at the situation as if it's different, and it is different! Because me and Dre do Game's album, when everybody else is just ultimately workin' to my standards.

dubcnn.com: You recently signed a new West Coast artist, Spider Loc. He used to be on Death Row. How did you hook up with him?

50: Yeah Spider. I met Spider for the first time at the video shoot for Shorty Wanna Ride. He came, and he rapped, and I liked his style and I said I'd get back to him, and I did when the opportunity came I had some time!

dubcnn.com: Is his album gonna drop after Tony Yayos?

50: Yeah well we're gonna work on it, and get it right. And actually, you know Game is on Aftermath for two years already. So I mean him bein' there for that long, I'm sure there was a point that the wheels startin' spinnin' and they got stuck in the mud creatively. So they brought me in and I kinda pushed him out that mud to get him movin'!

dubcnn.com: C-Bo, Yukmouth, Messy Marv and other Bay Area artists have been heavily dissing you on songs. How come you never responded to them?

You know what? I ain't never met these people! That's just rap shit. If I interacted with them, and we have a run-in or somethin, and they make me understand why they were sayin' somethin', then I would respond to it.

dubcnn.com: But do you listen to any Bay Area HipHop yourself?

50: Yeah I try to... When I get out there I try to pick up as much material as I can so I can hear what's goin' on.

dubcnn.com: Kurupt recently dissed you in an interview, saying you're making money off the West Coast. Did you hear about that?

50: Oh yeah? Well, I am!

dubcnn.com: What's the status on the DPG-Unit project? What's your relationship with Daz and Snoop?

50: Ah man, my relationship with Snoop couldn't be better! Me and Snoop is cool.

dubcnn.com: Cause you know, Daz and Spider have beef, so that would probably interfere with the DPG-Unit project?

50: Oh well then there you have it! Cause I think that DPG-Unit is really just Snoop & 50. You know? So... With Daz, I don't really understand that, that's the first time I heard of that though.

dubcnn.com: So are you open to work with up and coming artists?

50: Man, I'm open to work with anybody who's hungry, and they talented. If I find somethin' that is exciting enough to excite me, I'm definitely gonna do it.

dubcnn.com: So how can new artists get their music to you?

50: I'll give you a number before I get off the phone.

dubcnn.com: Is there any truth to Lil Scrappy signing to G-Unit?

50: Well we're trying to see how possible that is. Lil Scrappy has a deal right now.

dubcnn.com: What's the vibe of the new record? Is it very R&B influenced like the first single?

50: My album? *laughs* Candy Shop is probably the lightest song on the album!

dubcnn.com: How do you feel your music has evolved, compared to the first record?

50: Oh man, I think... I think a direct relation between the two is difficult because it's so distant.

dubcnn.com: What really made you go after Jadakiss & Fat Joe?

50: What really made me go?

dubcnn.com: Is it just the Ja Rule situation?

50: Yeah they said some things they wasn't supposed to be saying...

dubcnn.com: We're gonna be hearing that Piggy Bank song though?

50: Yeah, you gonna hear it, it's on the record.

dubcnn.com: How do you feel about Jadakiss not being allowed to respond because of Jimmy Iovine?

50: THAT'S BULLSHIT! They put that shit on the internet themselves! Yeah, they makin' excuses to the fans for why they not responding!

dubcnn.com: Is that right?

50: Yeah I don't believe that shit, they tellin' them they can't fuckin' respond...

dubcnn.com: What's the future for G-Unit? What's the next step after Olivia?

50: Tony Yayo. Tony Yayo's is gonna come out weeks after Olivia's. Oh yeah, we saved the best for last!

dubcnn.com: Why you say that? What makes it the best?

50: What makes it the best is, Tony is still raw. He's what we were before everything took off. I'm altered by my situations. You know, my experiences, and what you go through make you who you are. And so I'm different at this point. Tony is exactly what we were before he went in. He went to jail for the whole time, so he missed everything! So it's like, he's gonna be able to capture what we already made, his album, his Get Rich Or Die Tryin'. So I'm excited, and I got a chance to hear the music myself and I'm like "Damn! This shit is what's up!"

dubcnn.com: Alright, and as a last question, what was up with that whole rumour with your hand getting cut off?

50: Yeah, you know people got computers... *laughs* With too much time on they hands!
    test
  2. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

[​IMG]

Gotta revive an old classic. I'm also impressed this goon used the word lucrative in a sentence properly.
    test
  3. GarciaVega

GarciaVega Razor Ramon

^^lol I hope thats not his cd cover

Missy Elliott's Line Hits Snag
    (Saturday, February 12, 2005 - AP)

COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Missy Elliott's street wear collection hit a snag in Denmark — its logo was a bit too similar to that of the country's queen.

Clothing maker Adidas-Salomon AG withdrew the line from Danish stores after the royal court said the logo infringed on Queen Margrethe II's copyright.

The shoes, bags and shirts in the collection carry a logo that consist of a crown on top of the words "Respect" and Missy Elliott's initials "M.E." The queen's logo consists of a crown on top of the letters "M-2-R," with the "R" standing for the Latin word for queen, Regina.

Adidas spokeswoman Margaret Sap said the company agreed to remove the clothing from Danish stores, and that the similarity was a coincidence.

"It came as a surprise to us, the logo merely had the crown to signal that Missy Elliott is the queen of hip-hop," Sap said of the three-time Grammy Award winner.

Even though copyright laws are global, Adidas doesn't plan to remove the collection from shelves outside Denmark.

"We don't think it will offend anyone anywhere else," Sap said.

___

On the Net:

Queen Margrethe II: http://www.kongehuset.dk/

Adidas: http://www.adidas.com
    test
  4. swif

swif In a meeting with ya girl

interesting shit there i tired to get some shit to shamoney but he changed his two way contact for obvious reasons i bet his shit gets flooded more than 50
    test
  5. GarciaVega

GarciaVega Razor Ramon

Busta Rhymes And Funk Flex Clash Over Leaked Song
    (Friday, February 11, 2005 - AllHipHop.com)
    Written by Houston Williams

Busta Rhymes' lengthy hiatus from rap has seemingly caused the supply to exceed the demand and Hot 97 DJ Funk Master Flex has leaked a new song from the Aftermath rapper without permission.

Flex premiered the Scott Storch-produced "I'll Hurt You" on Wednesday and Busta has reluctantly started to promote his next album.

"Somehow, some kind of way [it was leaked] - and we're still trying to figure out - I've never had a leak problem. I've been trying to get Flex on the phone and he ain't been returning my calls," Busta told AllHipHop.com. "I've been trying to get a meeting so we can find out, first of all, how he got the record and, second of all, why wouldn't you check with me to see if it was cool to play the record that you didn't get from me. Me and Flex have a great relationship, so it's baffling to me."

With his sabbatical coming to an abrupt close, Busta said he's taking particular care for his follow-up to 2002's It Ain't Safe No More.

"I don't know what the f**k's going on. I been quiet for 2 and a half years and I never took this long to put out an album. But I felt it was necessary, with the situation with Aftermath, that I relaunch my campaign that there ain't a stone left unturned. [We have to] meticulously strategize the right way to blast off."

To make matters worse, the Long Island native said that the intricate DJ network has cried foul with Flex boasting the song before others and these are the very spin doctors that will push his Aftermath opus.

"Its complicating my relationship with other DJ's," the gravely-voiced rapper said. Still, some DJ's have opted to exercise other options.

"N***as ain't dumb man. We jacked the song from the internet and played it with all the Flex Bombs," said an anonymous disc jockey from the South. "You know other DJ's are going to jack it and play it."

Concurring, Busta said, "It's a good problem to have in one sense, because if a song is that dope that you have to take it and just run with it like "F**k it,' I can't be mad at that."

Still, Busta explained that the leak now marks the beginning of his promotional trail towards The Big Bang, his new album slated for a May release. Busta said that his new album will entail a more personal peer into his life and that Dr. Dre is actively involved in constructing it.

"Dre loves to pull that shock treatment outta his a** to f**k the world up," he said referencing the veteran producer's long string of hits. "I'm really spilling a lot of [music] that I've been longing to spill."

Even though Flex's leak was undesired, Busta said he's ready. "Tell them, the kid is coming."

Efforts to contact Funk Master Flex were unsuccessful.
    test
  6. GarciaVega

GarciaVega Razor Ramon

Will Smith Has 'Sumthin' For Eminem' On New LP, Due In March
    Rapper/actor calls Lost and Found a 'departure' from his previous albums.
    10:54 AM EST

Will Smith, known for shirking rhymes about bling and violence for more upbeat messages, is using his new album to prove he's got a tough side, too.

The rapper/actor is releasing his fourth solo album, Lost and Found, on March 29, featuring the track "Mr. Nice Guy," about how people mistake him for being soft. And according to a statement by his spokesperson, Smith has "sumthin' for Eminem" in the song.

The album, which Smith calls a "departure" from his previous albums, which include Born to Reign (2002), Willenium (1999) and Big Willie Style (1997), will be led by the single "Switch."

The track is "a snapshot of my life," Smith said in a statement. "It's the most in-depth, revealing writing that I've done in my career."

Also included on the LP are collaborations with longtime partner Jazzy Jeff (with whom Smith recorded five albums as DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince), Mary J. Blige, Robin Thicke, Timbaland and Snoop Dogg, who worked with Smith on the track "Pump Ya Brakes."

Smith, who started laying down tracks for the album in 2003 and ultimately recorded more than 50 songs, said that the new album is best described as old-school retro hip-hop, and that the music is more serious than in the past, but is still just as fun.

With his latest feature film, "Hitch," having just debuted in theaters at #1 (see "Love Beats Hate As 'Hitch' KO's 'Boogeyman' "), Smith will take a break from acting for the next six to eight months to focus on his music.

— Alyssa Rashbaum
    test
  7. EmceeGoddess

Will Smith is grimey.
    test
  8. Praverb

Praverb I breathe hip hop...

Will is a cool guy and all but he's going tuff guy now noooooooooooo
    test
  9. aLLeviATioN

aLLeviATioN I Still Do Text Too...

^ Will been tough.

Ya'll musta forgot. Or just nobody heard the Jazzy Jeff/Fresh Prince joints.

I wonder how he's gonna go about it though.
    test
  10. EmceeGoddess

He grew up in Philly back in the day, I guess that's not tough? He just portrays a positive image because he's a nice guy. I like it. And Jazzy Jeff is a slept on producer. He killed that shit on Planet Asia's album. Pure Coke.
    test
  11. aLLeviATioN

aLLeviATioN I Still Do Text Too...

Jazzy did Pure Coke?

That's ill.
    test
  12. EmceeGoddess

Yeah, that beat was insane.
    test
  13. GarciaVega

GarciaVega Razor Ramon

lol

i still cant get over when he used to get thrown out of the house by uncle phill
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.