Big L vs Lil Wayne

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Nov 2, 2009.

?

Who's better?

1. Big L

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Lil Wayne

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

i just wrote a long response that got messed up when i tried to post it......but ill try again

he had 1 album........ebonics was on the ditc album, and there were 2 freestyles on the one released after he died.....rawkus tried to cash in on his death......

big L didn't live the life he sometimes portrayed in his music.......his brother lived the life that he talked about, big L wasn't robbing people etc..and that never has changed the way i feel about his music, he was amazing........i could give a fuck less if wayne is a blood or nambla member, i still like the music he makes....to base your opinion on that fact shows that you are trying not to like him........i'll listen to anything that's good, maybe you should try that too, cause 90% of rappers lie about half the shit they say
    test
  2. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

did you take that quote from plex
    test
  3. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

did you take that quote from plex
    test
  4. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

mvp, put it on, and couple others wuz super ill on lifestylez....

ebonics, size up, flamboyanty, them freestyles...

etc is on the shit after he died...

they should release sum his ill shit...on diff beatz cuz them beatz on his 1st joint 50% mad plain and wacc...lol @ jigga on that bitch

big L died too young, the good usually do die mostly over bullshit..

wayne top 5 dead or alive

but even wit the lil ILL shit that big L got

he's top 10

he wuz THAT witty and clever...

wayne is the same, yet he still killin it...
    test
  5. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

shit wayne is clever in a different way.....he's not the most clever with similes, but he can be really original with them.......i never get why there is all the hate
    test
  6. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

cuz these r net nerds

not kats out there in streets

big L died, legend...most katz wuz 8 when he died..and follow's OG's opinions like me on ILL rappers...even tho he dead...he top 10...with the lil shit he had...he wuz jus that BAD, and maddd clever with it...

wayne is clever wit it but also speakz to street ppl like L did, jus in diff way like u say

talks about GOD
    gyrls
    enemies
    drank
    smoke

shit we like

so...he top 5 dead or alive, mayn
    test
  7. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

I think after this convoluted argument, the way I feel about Wayne has become skewed, so lemme try and clear it up a bit.

The reason I don't like Wayne's music is because his lyrics are trash 99% of the time. They are either simplistic or nonsensical, regardless of what people say he has no versatility (I said he makes two types of songs, it's really four. Songs about hustlin', songs about how great he is, songs about how high he is, and songs for girls). And I can stomach a certain degree of one-dimensionality, but the concepts he raps about really don't ring with me, mainly because of how he raps about them (glorifying the hood-life, etc), and because he himself has never been through it, yet proceed to perpetuate the myth that he has.

I cannot respect his lyricism. Yes, he has some really dope shit. I still bump Sportscenter and Cannon from Dedication 2, and the occasional Hustla Music. Like I said, there are a few songs by him I can dig, but for the most part, I can only take him in incredibly small doses, if at all.

LotPaD, while released posthumously, was the record he did plan on putting out while he was alive. He just didn't get a chance to, so to say it wasn't really his record isn't fair. It's generally agreed upon that that album was pretty close to what Big L planned on releasing anyways.

I understand that Big L didn't do what he said he did and it was his brother the whole time. The difference between he and Lil Wayne is that there are throngs of people who actually believe Lil Wayne did what he says on record. On the other hand, I don't think there's a single person that believes Big L did what he said. The main reason being that Wayne goes out of his way to perpetuate this myth, Big L just said shit on record and let it be. The fact that rappers lie does not bother me whatsoever, it's when they perpetuate that lie in interviews and other real life situations that it bothers me, which is why I don't like rappers like Lil Wayne or Rick Ross. However, if they had some decent lyricism to them, I would still probably listen. I bump Apathy, and I don't think that man has ever set foot in a hood in his life...
    test
  8. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

at the end of the day its a business.......wayne is good at handling his biz......one doesn't have to believe him, that is not his fault
    test
  9. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

this nigga said 99% of his work his wack

so that add's up tooo(with all his body of work)

to about 100 songz...

wow

and u still hate the man

u a dumb muthafucker
    test
  10. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

L said in an interview that ebonics was the single for his second album, which was
    'The Big Picture"
    test
  11. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

no, were not arguing about who was the better business man. were arguing who was the better rapper. I'm just happy that based on the poll, most of the people on this board recognize the truth, that quantity is not better than quality.
    test
  12. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

actually your a lost soul searching

JAH, jesus, baptize, bible, christian, etc..

but u dont follow religious rules hahaha

u one dumb mufucker thats just wants to be accepted

if u was a real leader you'd start your own cult like jebus did
    test
  13. quietstorm10

quietstorm10 QUIETSTORMBEATZ

lol big l this should not even be a topic of discussion
    test
  14. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

ok so great he was going to release a remix of a song that was on the ditc album........the big picture was never finished, i hope you are aware of that.......and my point about business is that wayne is versatile and knows how to captivate people........his delivery is up there with the best.......I guess since i'm in the business i appreciate the fact that a good rapper doesn't mean only dope lyrics........there is so much more to it........big L may have become better than anyone, but the fact that he released 1 album and half of another doesn't warrant him the status of being better than wayne...at least to me............
    test
  15. filthrich

filthrich Guarocuya

BigL vs Lil Wayne..

The difference is Big l is an EMCEE and the other is just a rapper, a very successful one but just a rapper...
    test
  16. Mo_Scrilla31

Mo_Scrilla31 New Member

Sup fellas, been reading these boards for awhile and decided to sign up. Lookin forward to havin some good discussion with some of you guys.

Really? You think his lyrics are trash? I think that's a little harsh. Ever since he sort of "re-invented" himself circa 2006, that's just the type of shit he's been on. Sex, Drugs, and Hip-Hop... that's what you're gonna get when you listen to Weezy and that's the angle he's gonna come at the listener with. His style is a little off the wall to say the least, but that's what makes him so fuckin ill in my opinion. Dude says it himself, he's a martian. As far as the rap game is concerned he's not of this world.

He ain't glorifying anything (okay maybe he is), but not because he's trying to fool anyone or create a myth. That's music mo. You make music that your audience can relate to, so of course he's gonna put things in a certain context so that they can see where he's comin from.

Personally I think Wayne is fuckin dope.
    test
  17. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

I understand that his intentions may not be to fool the world. But as the old saying goes, "Good intentions pave the road to hell." The fact of the matter is, you have kids like Break_Bread and TheDonn and Piff actually BELIEVING WHAT HE SAYS ON RECORD.

So I suppose my main issue isn't with him, it's more with the ignorance of a large population of his fans. Still, he does perpetuate this myth in interviews and shit. You hafta know when to turn you mic persona off and your real persona on. I have seen interviews of what seems to be the real Lil Wayne (appearing down to earth, talking about the gang issue), but for the most part, he just perpetuates his lies...
    test
  18. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

who are u to tell me i dont have followers??

nigga im 29

jesus started his revolution at 30, and died 3 yrs later...

and praising JAH been way before the bible..

u stupid bitch

i AM ME!

i can do what i want

fuck u and your beliefs...u demon.
    test
  19. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

da fuck, i believe half of what i see and none of what i hear

the man makes dope trax u idiot

and music is entertainment

he makes me laugh

its entertaining...

the nigga is a blood...fuck whut u say...

he aint trash..fuck whut u say...

he got niggaz that will kill for him

the man is MADE...
    test
  20. Break_Bread

Break_Bread *TheTwinkleInUrGirlsEye*

Suck a dick.

I never said I believe half of what Wayne spits on tracks.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.