Big L vs Lil Wayne

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Nov 2, 2009.

?

Who's better?

1. Big L

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Lil Wayne

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

i cant believe u boys still snoozing on lil wayne's ill shit

fuck the pop shit

fuck the auto tune shit nigga

the kid been doin since he wuz 13!!!!

first solo in 99 wasnt even cussin on it...cuz he wasnt 18

he all over the big tymers, b.g, juve records..

the carter's

and all them dope ass mixtapes

is yall serious

prefix
    suffix
    dedicationz
    lilweezianimal
    the droughts is over
    no ceilingz

all them shits

smfh
    test
  2. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

lil wayne is pop
    test
  3. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

^I was gonna say that... and he got at me for talking about T.I. and Game doing pop shit.
    test
  4. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

You are a fucking retard.
    What blood related tattooes? And lol at red being a focal point in videos. Lol at clothing and bandanas. God man, how people like you don't trust the government but live and die by a rapper's words is beyond me.

Pretty much, you're a fucking retard...
    test
  5. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

but then there are motherfuckers like you who think big L robbed and killed after a dice game, when in all actuality he stayed away from crime and it was his brother that lived the life........it is still just music, if you say wayne sucks you haven't really peeped the shit that he just bodies.......rap isn't only couplet similes........l was a great story teller too, but i don't get how one can be considered so much better when he has one album..........he wasn't the jeebus you guys make him out to be.....just a good artist
    test
  6. .:Pain:.

Two albums. Which contain more good songs than Lil Wayne's 7000 mixtapes.

As far as the first thing you said, those people are just as fuckin' stupid as the ones that believe Lil Wayne is a blood.

Like I said man, I heard Carters 1-3 and Dedication 1 and 2, and only found about 5 songs that I dug.

At the end of the day, I do respect that he is musically inclined. If he wants to lie on records, then whatever, I don't like it, but if you do it's whatever. It's when people believe the lies that I get pissed off...
    test
  7. Break_Bread

Break_Bread *TheTwinkleInUrGirlsEye*

lol...
    glad too see u understand now, that comparison was ridiculous.

On his skin
    I don't kno...i guess I just don't see what's so funny bout it. Kinda dumb if u ask me. But only deadly if u aren't a Blood/Aff.
    See idk if ur laughin cuz you don't believe me or just ran outta something intelligent to say. Both are ignorant I guess.
    Again its not the fact that he raps about it, its everything else u thought was so amusing earlier.

SO....how did u get so dumb dude.
    Parental Drop
    Chronic Marijuana Use
    Skip Too Much School
    Paint Thinner??? whats up dude?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  8. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

POPular

brainwashed fuckz
    test
  9. .:Pain:.

Don't get gassed up bread, I'm just tired of arguin' with you idiots for now. The fact that you can't see the basis of that analogy makes me see the basis of your retardation.

Have fun bein' a dumbass...
    test
  10. toker

how u gonna call me brainwashed when u be talking all this CHURCH shit??
    test
  11. toker

lol

u kids on this site is too much
    test
  12. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

for real.. lol... "waynes just gotta be a blood mommy! hes just gotta! he raps about it aaaallllllll the time! that makes it true right? wayne wouldnt lie to me would he mommy?"

fuckin seriously. I can go get blood tattooes, wear red, and PAY MONEY to have real bloods walk next to me... it dont mean i'm a fuckin blood.

lets drop the whole "wayne is/isnt a gangster" thing because nobody knows dude personally.

but yeah... I once agin agree with pain that Big l's music is BETTER because although he has two albums those two albums are of higher quality than the large quantity of bullshit wayne puts out.

I mean, you dont call a dude a player if he's fucked 100 something chicks and they're all fat, in their late 30s, with more kids than mustache hair. The player is the one whos bringing in the QUALITY women.

well in this analogy in case you havent figured it out... Wayne has been showin off countless fat nasty broads (his music) and Big L has shown off a few dymes (his music)
    test
  13. jaykay

jaykay New Member

This is just completely false though. Big L was dope with the slick shit.. he could battle, had some cool punches and was a master at a basic form of wordplay. He was also good at storytelling. Apart from this he was limited. Wayne has all these features (probably minus the storytelling) plus a whole lot more - more versatility with regards to both flow and content, artistic growth, maturity. He's also rapped on more varied beats, Big L didn't rap on anything other than NY boom bap.

They are completely different artists - Big L was a punches/battle rapper and that's it. Wayne is an artist. It's like comparing Jadakiss to 2Pac... of course Jada has more slick shit and some bragging punches that make you go "that was dope" but that's it. I don't see how this is such a hard concept to understand?

Listen to:

"tha mobb"
    "ghetto rich (remix)"
    "shooter"
    "mama gave me"
    "ignant shit"
    test
  14. .:Pain:.

Street Stuck? Devil's Son? Ebonics? Danger Zone? All concepts songs, all proving that Big L was the more versatile emcee.

P.S. When you look at the songs you posted, they're all pretty much exactly the same outside the flow and beat selection...
    test
  15. mgavin1

mgavin1 New Member

im starting to think there is something inate in half of the people in the world, that does not like when someone is popular. This affects the way they view the person. On the flipside there are the type of people who do not like someone if they are not popular. Hence underground vs pop music people. The best artist in the fuckin universe of all time forever who has rocked 100020293 shows sold out to the cosmos, would still get hated on by the 'underground' fan. The most esoteric, unfamiliar, wierd sounding, experimental artist would still have his set of fans that like him over the 'best artist in the universe' guy too. Wayne is not that guy-----------or-----------is------------he???????????? muhuhahahahahahaha
    test
  16. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

cuz i dont go to church or believe in any religion rules

i believe in GOD

that JAH raised jesus from the dead

and that the bible has nothing but INSPIRATION FROM GOD

has nothin to with church or RELIGION

but i am gettin baptized at 29

which i already am, but got about a year to do so...

u see....I DO ME, i do what i want..im a leader

which makes me a threat

stop following others and get YA OWN
    test
  17. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

why is it so hard to understand that big l> lil wayne because lil wayne is garbage. yes his content is more diverse, but his raps are far from impressive. his BEST MUSIC barely competes with big l's AVERAGE music.
    test
  18. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

bitch u think he better cuz u think wayne is wack..

dont make sense

big L wuz a monster..

wayne is a monster toooo

but jus got wayyyy more music doggie

damn

ok you're a goon but whatz a goon to a GOBLIN
    test
  19. Break_Bread

Break_Bread *TheTwinkleInUrGirlsEye*

?...you alright? lol cuz wow.
    No. cuz u see if u did this in places like New Orleans or any major city they'd probably kill you.

You fuckin ignorant squares are actin like the Bloodz is the Italian Mob...its not THAT hard to become a player or in Waynes case get some players of his own.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  20. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

lol @ wayne not bein surrounded by bloodz....lmaooooo

wayne obviously claims the shit...niggaz

smh

OK YOU'RE A GOON BUT WHATZ A GOON TO A GOBLINNNNNNNNN
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.