bheringer zenyx1204usb and audition 3 help

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by flowdadon12, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flowdadon12

flowdadon12 New Member

alright so i bought a bheringer xenyx1204 as a upgrade over the m audio fast track pro for my recording. i figured it would be a quick and easy set up but im lost now. i have the drivers installed and everything is hooked up right but i cant get beats to play through my headphones while recording. i dont know if its a Audition issue or a mixer issue. im working with a dell intel duo core laptop, 3 gb ram, 7200 rpm drive so i dont think its a power issue. i CAN moniter the mic when im not recording but its very bad quality but nothing plays after i record and i cannot listen to the beats or anything. anybody have any hints?? im lost

Add Reply
    test
  2. MLov420

MLov420 Active Member

this is assuming that you are connecting to the pc using the USB interface that came with the mixer (white/red inputs one end, usb out the other)....

silly question, but are your headphones plugged into the mixer using a 1/4" jack? Or are you connecting using the 1/8th jack directly to your pc? Also, on the mixer...im pretty sure you need to have the buttons "cd/tape" and "main mix" pressed. those buttons should be near the "main mix" L+R sliders and lights. gotta have that phones/ctrl room knob turned up.

ill also give you some advice, since I have the same mixer. Instead of using that usb interface to connect to your pc, you should use your M-Audio interface. It sounds stupid bc why would you need 2 interfaces? Problem I experienced was that the usb interface the mixer came with, had latency issues that I couldn't get corrected for the life of me. If you buy 1/4" jacks and connect from the back of the mixer (control room out, left and right) into Line 1 (left and right) on your m-audio interface...you'll get zero lag.
    test
  3. flowdadon12

flowdadon12 New Member

issue solved. i didnt have the right button pressed on the mixer. i am having some small latency issues but the problem is i upgraded because my FTP is now broke and i cant figure out how to replace the USB port on it. I just got everything up and running so maybe i can find tweak some things and see if i can work the latency issues out. first i gotta find the right EQ settings though. ill update if i figure somethin out
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.