Better wrestler, GSP or Koscheck?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Delinquent, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Well,wouldn't the issue of who's the superior PURE AMATUER GRECO,FREESTYLE,AND/OR OLYMPIC WRESTLER have to be decided via having GSP and Kos compete in THAT KIND OF WRESTLING MATCH? Wouldn't the matter be UNDECIDED prior to that? Because PURE WRESTLING most DEFINITELY INCLUDES SUBMISSION GRAPPLING because (taking it old skool to wrestling's roots and prior to it becoming a sport,which happened only in recent times) WRESTLING=SUBMISSION WRESTLING.For tens of thousands of years.
    test
  2. KRich662

KRich662 Well-Known Member

Deth. Just stop. We won't think you're all-knowing just because you type that way.
    test
  3. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

we weren't talking about an mma match though so income, sparring, gnp, all that doesnt mean much.. he said a pure wrestling match.. so none of that really is important being it doesnt hold weight in what were talking about..
    test
  4. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Your typing style makes my eyes hurt. Could you chill with the caps and use more paragraphs? It's hard to read as is.
    test
  5. I love BIG COCK

I love BIG COCK The Shows About to Begin

Dude, shut up.

We're talking about amateur wrestling, not fucking pankration or even catch wrestling.

Notice nobody said anything about fighting to the death either.
    test
  6. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

This is why I get irritated talking about MMA with people on this site. You guys do realize that wrestling is more than just take downs correct? Every single takedown that George got, was escaped by Kos. In my evaluation, I'm only going by the first round, because after that round Kos was mentally beaten and focusing on how to stop a fucking jab. That shit is sad now that I stop to think about it. A jab? Shaking my fucking head. He needs to get cut.
    test
  7. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

wrestling in mma - gsp

and thats the only wrestling that matters in this equation
    test
  8. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

This minus the hostility.....Kos didn't work his wrestling before the first fight but did for the second and showed that he's better. GSP struggled to get him down and when he did, he got right back up. Kos just got hit so many times in the face that his dumb ass forgot any game plan they may have had and started winging big rights.
    test
  9. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

I thought amatuer wrestling was the issue,that's why I asked the question to be sure...as "wrestling" alone covers a wide variety of combat activities.And in order to be sure who is the better amatuer wrestler,GSP and Kos should engage in a best of 3 or 5 matches under amatuer rules.
    test
  10. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

EXACTLY. Bout time someone gets it

Dudes in here swear up and down that more takedowns = better wrestling

Dead @ jayo thinking gsp would beat kos in a straight wrestling match

@zyclone. No, the canadian national team did NOT want him. Gsp wanted to try out and they told him he doesnt even come close to having the skill level to compete/make the olympic team, which is why he chose to stick to mma
    test
  11. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

The same people thinking gsp is the better wrestler or think more takedowns means outwrestling are the same people who think ncaa wrestlers are world class wrestlers
    test
  12. jayoo

you also do realize he wall-walked up the cage.. which isnt in amateur wrestling..

so to say kos would have got right up.. isnt true
    test
  13. jayoo

half of my friends wrestled through highschool, some in college, and jon jones made it to the ufc, i KNOW wrestling i did it early on (couple months) but quit because that type of shit, weight cutting etc, is not for me

regardless you cant make fact of any of this.. great kos has a background, gsp is obviously good too or the people he trained with from the canadian olympic team wouldnt even have let him think he had a chance if he took it on full-time. jon jones trains with gsp time to time and he said what he can do with wrestling with no background is amazing.

the guys a fuckin phenom, believe what you want i dont care im not hurt that you believe koscheck would win, to each his own, i go by my own opinion based on what ive seen/heard i suggest you do the same.

its just funny you guys attack people over the subject when you cant prove either side

what is a fact though is koscheck wall-walked to get up, so drop the "he got up" topic if you wanna talk pure wrestling.
    test
  14. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

This is true. I have no problem admitting I was wrong. I def overlooked this, good point.
    test
  15. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i thought he was asked, must've misheard.

anyway, regarding this quoted point; you just made yourself look completely hypocritical. you're saying koschek is the better wrestler yet all he has is an ncaa background.

at this point, i'd say gsp is the better pure wrestler out of the 2.
    test
  16. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

He's not saying that Kos is world class at all, he hasn't wrestled at that level. He was discussing world-class wrestlers in AEH.

He's just saying that he's better than GSP, who I'm sure he also wouldn't consider world class unless he wrestled at that level.
    test
  17. sTeP eAsY

sTeP eAsY 3rd Ave E

Putting $ on GSP to win in a wrestling match would be foolish. Kos is clearly the better pure wrestler. GSP however has so many tools to use in MMA, his transitions and level changes are second to none. He is a great athlete with a great mind set always striving to improve and polish every aspect of his fighting knowledge. Kos on the otherhand, without taking anything away from him, is a bit more bull-headed in his approach.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  18. jayoo

haha people still make me laugh..

how is it CLEAR whos the better pure wrestler? has anyone seen them solely wrestle? lol.. thats like saying bader is better than jon jones because he went through arizona and jones only won a juco title at iowa community college.. come fight night you'll see that basing things PURELY on background is stupid.

i could just as easily say koscheck was never encouraged by an olympic teams members to try out and gsp was, thats one of the biggest stages in the world, he must have something to offer.
    test
  19. Light It UP

Light It UP New Member

Koscheck is the better wrestler, gsp is a good mma wrestler, good at setting up takedowns with pucnhes and kicks, cage etc, in pure wrestling Kos would school him.
    test
  20. haatley

haatley Well-Known Member

gsp's wrestling is so good because of how unpredictable his take downs are, and the speed he comes in at. really he's just busting a goldberg spear and thats about it. he also has great bjj and good control on the ground. it's a combination of things.

koscheck would beat gsp in an amateur wrestling match. no doubt about it in my mind, although gsp has talked about wrestling for canada at the olympics in the past, so who really knows how good gsp is at pure wrestling.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.