BET X URL - Ultimate Freestyle Friday Trailer (airs July 19th)

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by JobOne, Jul 2, 2013.

1. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

test
  2. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

thnx for the link JOB .. even though i think SMACK would completely destroy battling with his "industrialize battling" idea & destroy it for fame & money i'm still gonna check it out to see if its whack or not

i worked in TV & Film as a P.A & casting asst. & I KNOW FOR A FACT that once national tv stations & major production companies get there hands on it it could get to the point where there are actual network hired writers that write some battlers verses or have revisions & re writes on them .. battlers being dressed by wardrobe wearing trendy skinny jeans ... censorship out the ass & even to the point of actors being cultivated as battlers & given scripts aka verse to recite (spit)
    shit could get so watered down and whack ... youtube already provides the best medium to get battles out with millions of views (SMACK should just get it promoted through bigger channels & w/ alot of these celebs that are into it to get more views)
    it doesn't need to be on national TV/ basic cable .. if anything work out a deal with SHO or HBO were they want it to be as real as possible with complete artistic control & nop censorship
    test
  3. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

I don't agree with all the moves that URL makes but I do trust them with maintaining the integrity of the "sport". Just the fact that the format is a little more similar to what URL does than what 106 and Park does is a good sign. And I think they are still going to release the uncensored versions later on YouTube or something. It seems like a decent compromise compared to Freestyle Friday or Fight Klub on MTV2.

Plus since battle rap leagues have attained some relevance in hip hop culture currently on their own terms, I think it gives someone like Smack a little more leverage when dealing with these execs since URL doesn't "need them" to be successfully doing their thing.

I'm naturally skeptical of moves like this in general but I think that URL is in control of their own product enough that if it doesn't work out, it's no big loss. It will basically be like any other experiment leagues have tried that didn't quite pan out, especially since I think this tournament is just a self contained test/mini series to see if the interest is there rather than an attempt to launch a brand new show on it's own.
    test
  4. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

you make some good points , it could end up being a situation were BET lets smack do the event like he would normally and they just take highlights from each of the battlers rounds (since its 106 theres no way they can air 5 minute rounds , American TV is so ADD w/ short attention spans that every thing is in small doses ie sitcoms or 30 second rounds w/ freestyle friday
    if thats the case & its presented like ESPN does with sport highlights (making a 3 hour game into a minute highlight segment showing clips from each teams best plays each quarter it could be cool .. but i'm shure alot of times the producers / editors will pick the weaker schemes
    test
  5. Orange407County

Orange407County Well-Known Member

Link wont work?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    test
  6. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Probably because you are viewing it from your cell phone.

test
  7. EmSeeD10

EmSeeD10 Well-Known Member

Wow this is fucking scary and true. Shit what if they got little teeny boppers like the Justin Bieber type to start using some ghostwritten shit. We're already seeing this kinda thing now in mainstream rap
    test
  8. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

We're pretty far from this happening on a major level, but if fools start gettin paid in a big way and it gains mass appeal, then cheapening of the art form is somethin u gotta deal with
    test
  9. nnnnnnnnn

nnnnnnnnn DOUG MUNNiE ~EZMunnieCLIQ

yea i like hip hop , rap etc
    test
  10. Bladetragic

Bladetragic Member

Damn, I guess John John jumped in a minute too soon. This would've suited him much better than the other format and probably would've gotten him much more notoriety than going up there and losing to that Voss kid in a "freestyle" battle.
    test
  11. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

John John was saying he is part of the reason that this collab happened by meeting Bow Wow on 106 then inviting him to a URL event where Bow Wow met Smack.
    test
  12. epsonperfection

epsonperfection ass

that logo is extra horrible

i take it was designed by twiZz
    test