Best wrestling video game of all time?

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by Toucan_Sam1, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

Smackdown series is assola to me, and I never realized this until I played something different. The game looks like 2 robots wrestling eachother, with too much shit you have to remember.

My ideal wrestling game is easy to pick up, hard to master, ala No Mercy.

If AKI came out today with an updated wrestling game, I'm sure it would shit all over anything out, including Smackdown 07.
    test
  2. Odysseus

Oh hell, how did I forget about WWF Royal Rumble and WWF RAW for Sega Genesis. Those are my shits.
    test
  3. The Second Comming

The Second Comming you aint poison!!!

you are crazy as fuck

& AKI already came out with a wrestling game, two of 'em to be exact

and them games were the two def jam vendetta games

I'm telling you now, them games aren't better than smackdown vs. raw 06

Hell, the first smackdown on playstation 1 is better than both the vendetta's

And why the fuck are you saying smackdown games look like two robots wrestling each other? I have no idea what game you were playing.. and you don't have to remember alot of stuff either.. unless you're a complete idiot

but you're entitled to your opinion.. I'm only tellin' you mine
    test
  4. Odysseus

I've owned every Smackdown game, just because theres no choice. We just have different views.. I think wrestling games dont need to be more and more complicated just because systems are getting more powerful..

Smackdowns whole engine is played out to me. People are more worried about who has thier correct attire and entrance than the actual wrestling mechanics. Animations are choppy as hell and the flow from move to move just doesnt feel smooth.

The matches just dont flow like other wrestling games... and I'm talking about a WRESTLING game, not some galactic wrestling bullshit, or some off the wall hiphop interbred wrestling game... I dont want a sports entertainment game, I want a wrestling game.
    test
  5. Umm... Mayhem Shits On The Smackdown Series... Every One Put Out.. Smackdown Screams Out At Me.. Hey Im A Video Game.. Mayhem Had A Nice Feel To It.. I Had It For N64 And Playstation... The Commentary, Entrances.. The Wrestlers Actualy Look Like Them Self..
    You Didnt Realy Have To Grapple.. I Hate That... Gotta Grapple To Kick Someone In The Nuts.. HAHAH
    test
  6. Odysseus

PS: The 2 Def Jam games are Vendetta and Fight For NY.

Neither of which can really be considered a wrestling game... maybe Vendetta, but Fight for NY is a FIGHTING game. Thats like calling Tekken a wrestling game because King does a few wrestling moves.
    test
  7. Al Murder U

Al Murder U Lyrically...

mayhem was worse tha nitro/thunder, imo...atitude, and ecw, and warzone shitted onit...
    test
  8. attitude and ecw was whack lol.. from that pnt i new ecw had somethin to do with wwe cuz it looked exacly like attitude.. or its just the makers couldnt be original lol

mayhem pwnd..
    test
  9. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

ecw hardcore revolution reminded me of warzone....... they were both made by acclaim.
    test
  10. i think they coppied it off of attitude tho.. or it mite of been warzone..
    test
  11. Toucan_Sam1

Toucan_Sam1 aka 2can Shakur

why the fuck won't ecw revolution remind you of anything made by acclaim?

they have no fucking variety in ANY of their games.......every move is Mortal Kombat style tap button-to-execute moves type of shit

this is like saying Def Jam Vendetta reminds me of Revenge

godamn noob
    test
  12. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

^True, plus their engine is always way too complicated.

I remember for Attitude I created a guy with all finishing moves for regular moves, and I'd have to look at the move liste every 5 seconds because they had complex combinations like: down, up, right, left, r1, left, stick your controller down your pants, select, go play xbox for a half hour, O just to do regular stuff.
    test
  13. Pudding Tom

Pudding Tom Neck Beard Enthusiast

wrestlemania 2000 for n64
    test
  14. Al Murder U

Al Murder U Lyrically...

way better than No mercy, imo
    test
  15. KroniK

KroniK R.I.P. U

mayhem sucked