Best Ways To Gain Weight??

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by {[A.R.B.]}, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. {[A.R.B.]}

{[A.R.B.]} King Tres

Yea, im about to start lifting weights and im pretty skinny 6'3 160lbs, I picked me up a protein shake powder, so wut things would u recommend to gain weight, my target is about 210-220lbs..
    test
  2. Wigger Walter

Wigger Walter New Member

Hamburgers, fried chicken, speghetti and other shit like that.
    test
  3. Conceited One

Conceited One Please Say The Baby

Drink whole milk. 150 calories per 1 cup.
    test
  4. SpoonFull

SpoonFull Lovely

Eat your ass off. It takes about 3,500 EXTRA calories a week to maintain ONE pound of lean muscle.

Eat a lot of lean meats. Chicken breasts, steak, fish by the pound, broc., lots of veggies, bags of nuts, bread (whole grain/wheat), milk, cheese, eggs, fruits, etc. Make sure you're working out and not slacking though, otherwise you'll put on fat mass instead of muscle mass. Be honest with yourself about it. Weight gainer is also really good. Massive amounts of calories in that.

Good luck
    test
  5. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

its a lot more complicated than you think. it totally depends on what body type you are a lot of other things, a lot more than one can type in here.

everyone will tell you "want to gain weight? eat more!!" but its not as simple as that

in a study a few years ago, a group of people were over fed 1,000 calories a day. at the end of 8 weeks, some people gained up to 9 pounds, but some only gained 1 pound. this shows that simply stuffing more calories in wont necessarily have you gaining weight.

you need to eat the right foods at the right times of day. certain types of foods are good at some points and some are better at others. its really a long subject and im basically trying to say that you need to do a lot more research than simply ask people here, because although i know a lot about gaining weight i definately dont have time to type it all up.

you need a few essential supplements.

1. creatine
    2. fish oil capsuls
    3. whey protein
    and 4. i recomend going to gnc and buying "weight gainer" to add some extra calories if you cant fit them in your stomach by eating food.

theres others but you definately need at least the first 3 of that list.

i really recommend this book.
    http://www.amazon.com/Scrawny-Brawny-Complete-Building-Natural/dp/1594860882

it will tell you everything i just said plus TONS more. everything you need to do is in that book

also remember... dont use machines... try to focus on compound lifts like deadlift, squat, and bench.
    test
  6. yo momma 5th

yo momma 5th New Member

Juat hustle on the streets and stay loyal to your boys.

If you cool and you got that G thang (Baaaaby!) you'll be a crack dealer in no time.
    test
  7. {[A.R.B.]}

{[A.R.B.]} King Tres

good looks on the info, imma def check that book out
    test
  8. eternal_bliss54

eternal_bliss54 Mi$$ BLi$$

you just eat, eat, eat...lol dats it man
    test
  9. Ben Official

and check out the thread i made on mass gaining routine... it works great!
    test
  10. khmerwunder

khmerwunder New Member

Technical? count how many calories you normally eat then add 1000 more a day. You should gain a pound a week.
    Muscle? Protein shakes, consume 1.5 grams your body weight, so you are 160? means take 240 grams of Protein. You will shit a lot in the beginning but if you hitting the weights hard don't worry too much. Cut down on reps, limit 6-8 reps 4 sets for max strength. You want to lift heavy, not max out but 80% of max on your 3rd and 4th sets.
    Lastly don't do too much cardio or other exercise, limit workouts to under an hour, maximum intensity, get in there get the fuck outta there. Work hard and fast and well. You don't want to use too much of your calories that will make you lose weight. Also if you dont care and just want weight eat whatever you want, big meals to slow down that metabolism, however if you want nice weight it will take a bit longer so eat carbs and cut down on fat.
    Hope that helps hard to tell you everything in one post. In case you're wondering I'm 5'8 ~175-178, used to weigh around 140-145 a couple of years ago. I didn't follow that routine strictly but if I did I'd be like 200 right now, just too massive and a shit load of money (for protein), no steroids or anything just vitamins, No explode and protein.
    test
  11. pantherdef

pantherdef New Member

is it simply weight or muscle mass? those are two completely different things
    test
  12. kwblah

kwblah New Member

eat and eat and eat. eat until you feel like youre going to throw up.
    test
  13. xcetara

xcetara New Member

the secret is carbs, a high carb diet means lots of weigh gain so get on them breads and etc
    test
  14. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Hmm...well ive gained 10 lbs in the last month

i have similar build, im fairly skinny but have always had nice definition and looked fit. I never was geeky skinny with pole arms and skimpy chest.

im 6' and was 165lbs

my diet: i eat regularily, but after my workouts i take a lean mass gainer shake mix, it contains 67g of protein, and 600 calories

I also take a half shake before my workouts.

I work out about 5 days a week.

on average a person needs to intake over 3000 calories to gain 1 lb.

im now 175lbs......its not healthy to gain much more than 2-3 lbs per week.

i also take glutamine, multi-vitamins, zinc and magnesium, and BC aminos

im gonna be fucking rippped for summer
    test
  15. Big Glenn

Big Glenn New Member

U dont need any suppliments. Creatine is definately not something u need AT ALL. Creatine is something i never would ever recomend, esspecially for someone who just started working out and lifting weights. Creatine is used to get an extra 3-4 reps at the end of sets to work the muscle slightly more to get over plateaus. Since u have not really lifted before u will be gettin results like crazy and using creatine will work ur muscle waaaay too much for a beginer. Secondly, protien shakes are ok but u can get the propper amount of protien in ur diet. ur diet is ging to be important. Eat alot lol. but eat good. its all about calories. Eat about 5 times a day...or every 3 hours or so. u dont have to eat hughe full meals, but make sure u always have something in your system. eat lean beefs, chicken, fish, rwhole grains like rice, spaghetti, breads, and use oils to make foods such as olive oil. dont think u can just eat fried chicken, and mozzarella sticks and gain muscle mass .... u get what u put into ur body and if u eat fat greezy food ull be a fat greezy dude.. so make sure u are eating alot but eating healthy. start there and get back at me.
    test
  16. Ben Official

who makes that powder?
    test
  17. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

BioX
    test
  18. Residual

Residual I'm Gay

some good advice here.
    I agree with a lot of what everyone has said.

I'm actually going the route of unconventional and probably more unsafe.
    However, my brother and his best friend both are very knowledgeable on this subject and so I trust them.

MY bro's best friend is a personal trainer and he actually picks up his supplements from Max Muscle instead of GNC.

I'm gonna actually be taking Full Blown Extreme for pre-workouts to amp up my energy, glutamine, some generic protein bought at wal-mart (since protein is virtually equal anywhere you purchase it from) and then the important part, Trenn.

I'm sure a lot of you guys have heard of those different supplements, Trenn, DHEA, and then the liquid pills everyone takes.

Jeah, I know Trenn is a synthetic testosterone but safely taken and with proper care, I know it's not hazardous.
    I plan on taking 2 months with my cycle, 1 month to get off of it, and then going from there.

As I just started working out, my weight lifting plan isn't overly impressive but good for a beginner.

Chest + Back = Day 1

Bench press 4x (10-12)
    Incline Bench 4x (10-12)
    DB Press 4x (10-12)
    Incline DB Press 3x (10-12)
    Close Grip Pull Ups 4x (10-12)
    Lat Pull DOwn 4x (10-12)
    DB Row 4x (10-12)
    BB Row 3x (10-12)

Arms Day 2

Skullcrusher 4x (10-12)
    EZ Curl - BB Curl 3x (10-12)
    Rope Pull DOwns 4x (10-12)
    Overhead Rope Pull down 4x (10-12)
    Weighted Dips 4x (10-12)
    DB Curl 4x (10-12)
    Hammercurls 4x (10-12)
    Zottman curls 4x (10-12)

And my legs/shoulder work out is pretty bad since my quads/hams/soleus are in bad shape.
    pretty much leg press, curl, extension and calf extension.
    then arnold press, rear fly, db fly and front fly for shoulder.
    I'll have to improve it later on.
    test
  19. Ben Official

i dont think thats such a great plan for trying to gain mass
    test
  20. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

And for the record Residual Skull Crushers suck as a Tricep exercise. Not enough movement. Replace that with a barbell tricep extension.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.