Best way to get your beats to commercial and known artists?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Temp_Guest2, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Temp_Guest2

Temp_Guest2 Dope Lyricist/Producer

I usually find their verified email addresses and just email them and enquire about them needing beats.

But there has to be better and more effective ways...
    test
  2. NonSenSE913

NonSenSE913 Active Member

The best way is to build a name before you start randomly emailing people. You have to remember that those dudes are famous as fuck and will receive thousands of emails a day with people just like you doing the same thing. Hop on youtube/vimeo or whatever and build your own following to the point where one of those people you're emailing mightve seen your name already. From that point you're guaranteed to get your email viewed.

But remember that those guys get a shitload of emails and after 5-10 emails of shitty fruity loops presets beats they're gonna be less likely to give the beats an honest listen. So make your shit fire from the first millisecond to the end whenever you send something to em.
    test
  3. blitz204

blitz204 BlitzBeats.com

You guys are missing the easiest way...Twitter!

You don't need to have any name for that. Just come off in a decent manner.
    There is more majors on Twitter that respond then anything.
    test
  4. DrGreatness

DrGreatness New Member

Ever thought about finding out when their concert or next public appearance is and meeting them in person?
    test
  5. wmsproductions

wmsproductions wms productions

true story
    test
  6. MgTheFuture

MgTheFuture Music is my life

The truth is, producers out number important people. So anything you can think of, someone else is already doing or have already done.

I think you should focus on it the other way around, for better results.

Give known artists a reason to want to know YOU.

I know it sounds a bit backwards, but this is actually the best way to succeed.

A couple of ideas:

- Feature your music on hot sites like worldstarhiphop
    if you have an artist, do a song, video, and get those plays..give people something to buzz about...

- organize your own events with your own artists
    managers looking for opening acts in areas, usually goto people whom the clubs or venues recommend first. so if you're not performing...why get a call? start performing with your artists...and get your local venues to know you by name. you dont need the whole city, if the dudes with money in their bank know who you are.

- Put out music EVERYWHERE
    As a producer we are not limited to how many songs we do. We can have 10 songs, for 10 artists...that 100 songs, 10 mixtapes...100 downloads X listeners X blogs x facebook x youtube...

What im saying is, be in control of your music...promote it, position it, decorate it..and push it.

Get it know that you make music.

it makes no sense to really wonder how to get a track to Jayz if cats aint already on your level seeking you out first.
    test
  7. CASSOMAKEBEATZ

CASSOMAKEBEATZ New Member

you all had positive feedback. i usually find twitter to be most helpful to me. also put out beat mixtapes and post banners everywhere online to help my buzz
    test
  8. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

The best way is honestly to build your own brand with your own artists to the point where these people come to you ala Boi1da, Lex Luger ect. You can email beats and get lost in the same mix as 10,000 other guys depending on the next man to hopefully put you on or you can get on the grind and put yourself on. Seriously there are 10 producers to each rapper and 3 of them are giving hand jobs for you to rap on their beats. This is an era where you have to be part of a movement and build your success as part of a group effort or you will not get on. Once you make your mark on the world then you can go and work with other cats but otherwise you are throwing hail mary's hoping someone worth while will give your beat a chance out of the hundreds of wack beats these artists get everyday.
    test
  9. *DowntownStar*

*DowntownStar* ____________________

honestly, i don't know.

but my best guess is to find an unknown artist, work with them to the point where they become known, and when other unknown artists begin coming to you for heat, you work with them and build your resume that way.

i'm figuring that as you do that you begin to get placements if you're any good. and when you start to get placements that get spins on tv and radio, you or your management will begin to get calls from artists asking for your sound.

i'm also guessing that if you use music libraries and do jingle work, or promote yourself to indie A&R services such as taxi, music xray, wierdmusic, or hitquarters/songquarters, you MIGHT be able to secure placements but don't quote me on that

all of that plus of course the typical thing of just HUSTLING and meeting mc's at studios, beat competitions, industry meetings, performance rights organization songwriting workshops/panels, music events like sxsw, artist shows and open mics, wherever you find a lot of mc's.

nobody really knows what works. i'm beginning to think a lot of people get put on from lucky breaks but those lucky breaks come about because of a lot of HUSTLE and just getting out there and throwing everything at the wall until something actually sticks to it.
    test
  10. east1718

east1718 Member

give out a couple of free beats to some local artist who got a little buzz going on. make sure da beats r hot enough to be played in a club though and make sure you have a signature somewhere in the track so when people hear it they know u made dat beat. once they hear it other people will start asking for beats. now u can start dropping prices on they heads. next thing you kno top artist r gonna hear ya beats and start hitting you up
    test
  11. Wegottamakeit

Wegottamakeit New Member

I would say 2 things.

1 make your beats pro level, composition to audio quality

2 work your way up giving your beats to the hottest artist out you can get, like people with internet buzz weather youtube or facebook or anything else, depending on the quality of your beats you'll get artists with more hype to get on them so it's progresive and you build your way up.

I don't think it's like you make a beat and accidentaly meet a superstar and become celeb producer overnight. That might happen if your beats are crazy good from the get go, chances are they are not and you have to ladder up.
    test
  12. Sacriligeous

Sacriligeous The Beat Monster

There is no such thing as a "best way". You have to make sure your stuff is top notch. The most important thing is to network, network, network. You can sit online all day tweeting this and that but honestly from my experience unless the artists are specifically asking for beats theyre not gonna listen to you. Develop a relationship with them first, send them nice comments and give them props for their work, retweet them sometimes, be yourself. Once the artist gets to know you then you can start sending them stuff, or else just like someone else said youre just gonna be one out of thousands of producers that hit them up on a daily basis. It's like picking up a sexy girl, you gotta build some rapport with them first, break down their defenses instead of being a douchebag and just using pick up lines :) good luck
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.