Best VSTi Synths

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by shiftee_X, Aug 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shiftee_X

shiftee_X New Member

What are the best VSTi Synth plugins (excluding Drum Synths) out right now?

I use Fruity Loops -- I'm new to making beats so I haven't moved up to Reason yet -- so if they can plugin to FL Studio then that adds points :]

I'm just looking for some good VSTi synths so I can make some decent sounds... Tired of using samples that are "kinda" what I want. I'd rather synth that Brass or String sound that I KNOW I want. That and BooBass is the shittiest "newb" plugin ever, and my bass lines are lacking BADLY because of this.

Any suggestions?
    test
  2. Likle Gotti

Likle Gotti New Member

moved up?..............................................................................................................................................................
    test
  3. Fro$tyTheGreat

Fro$tyTheGreat The Head Honcho

^stfu
    test
  4. shiftee_X

shiftee_X New Member

LickleGotti, Reason - from what I hear - is a better software sequencer, so wouldn't sometime soon dropping FL Studio and moving to Reason be a "move up" ???

Frosty, stfu? What the fuck is yo problem n.igga? Cuz I'm trying to fuck round w/ production and get some tips you want to be an ass? Funny coming from a faggot who has to put "ive only just started producing" in the comments section of basicly every track he puts out to have a good excuse when you're told that your shit is garbage. Random drama starting n.iggas are sad. BTW, who the fuck names themself "Frosty" ????? It aint christmas all year round. Nerd ass n.igga.
    test
  5. diabolic

diabolic beats for the streets

if u wanna use reason why dont u rewire reason into FL and sequence Reason sounds with FL?i been reading about fools doing that
    test
  6. MAD SKREWS

MAD SKREWS Dear Mr.Toilet, Im Da Shi

It's not what you use, it's how you use it... depending on the beatmaker, reason wouldn't be a step up.. just learn your craft and it'll decide where it wants to go...

If anything, I cosign what diabolic said.. sounds great for best of both worlds...
    test
  7. shiftee_X

shiftee_X New Member

Mad and Dia, tks. I'll def look into how to ReWire reason into FL.
    test
  8. Likle Gotti

Likle Gotti New Member

i just dont see how its a step up at all, they do exactly the same thing
    test
  9. I.N.F.O.theking

I.N.F.O.theking haha 80s modanna

what kinda cables would i need to plug these synths into fruity loops?
    test
  10. shiftee_X

shiftee_X New Member

haha, very funny.
    test
  11. shiftee_X

shiftee_X New Member

Lickle, FL only based plugins might not be as good as Reason only based plugins. Same goes for functions with the sequencer. Reason I've heard just has better functionality, though I don't have any specifics to confirm that. Just what I've heard.
    test
  12. kojo

kojo New Member

as a FL AND reason user let me drop in my 2 cents.

1. reason's sequencer ISNT better than FL's. they are different. reason is linear, FL is pattern based. pattern based IMO is the best way to go for hiphop production, but reason suits me fine at the moment. i havent used FL in months.
    the advantage Reason has over FL is it has a nice selection of sounds and synths and a superior sampler. you can have the best of both worlds and just rewire reason into FL.

2. VSTs are better than reason refills, but it comes at a premium. were talking 100-500 bucks a pop (even more), so if youre on a budget like myself and just need overall good sounds to make music with then reason is for you. but best believe if i had $1000 in my pocket right now, id ditch reason with the quickness.

now with that being said, since you said you want brass and strings ill recommend some sampler and rompler vsts.

try:
    sampletank 2
    sonik synth 2
    hypersonic
    Kontakt 2/Mach Five
    proteus X

they are all in the $300-$500 range except proteus X which is 150, i think sonik synth 2 is the best bang for the buck at the moment but youre stuck with just those sounds. however, with Kontakt or Mach Five in addition to the large number of samples it comes with you can just buy the patches you need and theres many many formats that it can accept.

if your computer isnt up to par to handle them you can just finance some hardware such as a Motif rack or fantom rack and sequence it with FL.
    test
  13. Likle Gotti

Likle Gotti New Member

as i said they do the samething...but different ways and to a different prefrences, the sounds in reason (stock sounds) are better but u can just rewire the sounds if thats all u want it for....in the end samething just prefrence
    test
  14. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

FL is no better than reason.
    it jus happens to have better sounds OFF THE BAT

it comes stock with decent sounds
    fl ..doesent.

u CAN put new sounds into FL an have it sounding great
    but it all depends on the weak maker them selves.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.