Best software to make beats

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by mister_nAz, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mister_nAz

mister_nAz Member

Hello,

I want to try my hand at making beats. Can anyone give me a link to software to make beats and any tips on how to make beats and pointer. I want to start producing, I apologise if there is already a thread on this.

test
  2. ral4ever1985

ral4ever1985 CHETA

youtube is the best place to look at tutorials and stuff. you have many choices when it comes to hardware and software making beats. Search for your own knowledge but ill just say that i use fl studio for my production. you can check out some of my material at YouTube - ‪ChetaMeister's Channel‬‏
    test
  3. murkdabeat

murkdabeat New Member

I agree with ral4ever
    test
  4. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Well regardless you will for sure want some software. If you have a light hardware setup (maybe just a simple pad controller) then FL studio is fine, but most people I know with more complicated hardware setups opt for Reason because of it's flexibility with the routing of wires and connections and whatnot. Logic, I hear is good from Mac users. Those are really the big three but there are more.
    test
  5. Justforrapmusic

Justforrapmusic New Member

I don't care what anybody says i represent fruity loops fo life kid
    test
  6. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

I was in your shoes last year and spent forever trying to figure out what to get. I spent forever on youtube, sweetwater, trade magazines, in guitar center and trying all kinds of different things. Then my girl got me something that she saw me staring at. I must've looked pitiful. I'd say get this. It's an all-in-one: software and controller in one. You can start making bangers IMMEDIATELY if you know enough about music. I came into it knowing how to make drums bang and built from there.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/producer/maschine/

[​IMG]
    test
  7. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

I recommend Reason and Logic. They seem very professional to me. I use Reason for all my music. People always tell me my music sounds "crispy". Then again it's about who you are and how well you can get the most out of your program. Some people make masterpieces on FL Studio. Some people couldn't make a decent track in a 500 million dollar studio.
    test
  8. 7thHorseMen

7thHorseMen New Member

I started off with FL and then I bought Hardware, then I got reason.

With the knowledge I gained from FL and working with hardware helped me into the transition to Reason.

I use FL, Reason, Cubase, Pro Tools, MP-7, MPC1000. So I use alot of equipment and software

but it all stemmed from Fruity Loops.
    test
  9. donfully

donfully New Member

Reason is pretty good. You can hook up a keyboard in there or just simply map it with your computer's mouse
    test
  10. SIXBEATZ

SIXBEATZ movingkeysproductions.com

Just do a google search for articles and videos for different types of beat making software. I personnally use Protools,Reason, and FL. I suggest you continue to post this in different forums if you havent yet.... Good Luck.... If you need beats loops or sounds hit up www movingkeysproductions com

Thanks
    test
  11. Mckenzie

Mckenzie New Member

I don't get why no one mentioned drum rack in Ableton Live - it's killer, actually. And NI Maschine is definitely my groovebox of choice. Or try Native Instruments Battery - it is really good, but you need a host program (DAW) with a sequencer to program a beat. It may be Logic, Cubase, or whatever.
    test
  12. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

Kong Drum Machine in Reason 5>>>>>>>>>>>>
    test
  13. th3r3isn0futur3

th3r3isn0futur3 Active Member

it's all about you, man.

try out various things, see what you like the most. every piece of hardware and software has its own work flow, and that's what it boils down to. whatever you prefer.

if you're looking to make a career out of this, that's one thing... but if you're just checkin it out, try out FL Studio and Reason first. I personally enjoy both, although I use reason much more than FL Studio.

unless you have a lot of cash burning a hole in your pocket, or you want to make a living in the music industry, I can't think of many reasons to drop a bunch of money on hardware. a good midi keyboard is probably all you'd ever need - and that's something to invest in whether or not you want this to be a hobby or a job.
    test
  14. DME BEATS

DME BEATS New Member

test
  15. SwagProductionZ

SwagProductionZ @cocaineaudio

fl studio bro.. easy..
    test
  16. TheTrakAddicts

TheTrakAddicts New Member

There's so many options out there for production, you just gotta choose the one that best suites you. You can go for FL studio, cubase, reason, pro tools, abelton. Which ever one you pick just search youtube for some tutorials and practice.

Check out my beats:
    www.TheTrakAddicts.com
    test
  17. ryanruckerrucke

ryanruckerrucke Ryan Rucker

Best Program To Make Beats

The Best Program To Make Beats is without a doubt DubTurbo and I have been working with tons of other programs. The drum machine panel is alot better than Sonic Producer, ProTools, etc but hey that's just my opinion. haha... Just to start off with that's indeed the best program to make beats on.
    test
  18. ryanruckerrucke

ryanruckerrucke Ryan Rucker

The Best Program To Make Beats In 2011

I think the best program to make beats in 2011 is dubturbo and especially if you're new to making beats
    test
  19. GoldenDay

GoldenDay New Member

FL Studio. When you buy FL Studio you have a free lifetime updates !
    test
  20. DEADHORSEBEATS

DEADHORSEBEATS First Rate Gentleman

I started using Nuendo two years ago and moved, logically onto Cubase, anyone else using Steinberg? Seems like most people are on FL, Reason, and Logic.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.