Best Rock Concert You've Been To?

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by Macabre, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

^to you. Shitty music to you doesn't mean it's shitty music for everyone.

Music is good if if someone likes it. It's entertainment... and if someone's entertained by it, it's good.

Nevermind, some people can't get this...

but to put it in perspective, you like nirvana... and i think we can all admit that nirvana wasn't the most talented of bands, but people enjoyed their music. I enjoy it. But most definitely many people find it to be shitty aswell.
    test
  2. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Actually, that isn't really even opinion.
    ^That's pretty much fact. Just look at the formulas used on the songs. Shitty melodies that sound like a retard has been playing with a guitar, followed by the heavy distortion in the chorus with the screaming faggot rapping over top of it.

Now you'll go on to say that this is saying stupid shit about them, because you want to keep this going despite having no real solid points. Be honest to yourself though, I'm right here.
    test
  3. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Yeah, but on the flipside, we have the right to come in and call the music shitty if we want. It's an open forum.

If we didn't want to do anything besides say nice things about Linkin Park or Nirvana, they have their own forums for that.
    test
  4. Dex P. LaMorte

Dex P. LaMorte New Member

I don't consider Nirvana shitty because Kurt was punk influenced and nirvana wasn't really meant to be "talented". grunge in it's early stages was supposed to be purely underground music but the media and industry fucked it up. they had their own sound and they were doing something at that time nobody else was.

I understand that people have different taste. I just can't see how people can like watered down, uninnovative bands like Linkin Park who recycle hits and do nothing to seperate themselves from 90% of the bands out now.

I guess I just value creativity and originality more over what sounds catchy. but yea, to each his own.
    test
  5. Dex P. LaMorte

Dex P. LaMorte New Member

actually..

speaking of recycling hits, I never realized it but Rape Me is basically a backwards version of Smells like Teen Spirit but played in Eb.
    test
  6. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

God I love this forum.
    test
  7. Ed E Brock

Again... if linkin park sounds like limp bizkit so does gch and rage against the machine.

and linkin park is just as innovative as nirvana. I know, that's hard to swallow, but it's true... actually more so. I like nirvana more, but they weren't doing anything out of the norm in their day.... but if you think limb bizkit and lp sound alike, then this is infact useless.
    test
  8. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Okay, now you're just repeating shit over and over again to keep this going. I've already stated why Linkin Park sounds like Limp Bizkit, and I was right. You know this, that's why you won't deal with it directly and instead go with this approach.

Now I was getting ready to drop this, because I feel gay just typing Linkin Park. Then I read this:

Okay, tell me you don't really believe this, and everything will be okay. I don't even mean for me or other Nirvana fans that read this, I mean I want to make sure you aren't mentally retarded. If you would've said something like Alice in Chains, or a LOT of bands instead of Linkin Park, this MAY have held a little bit of water. Linkin Park has never done ONE thing that was even remotely innovative. They aren't even the first band to suck at the rock/rap thing.

Nirvana never did anything out of the norm? Kurt's lyrics were the same as everyone elses at the time? Kurt's riffs were the same as every other mainstream band's at the time? Come the fuck on now. There's arguing, and then there's just making yourself look like a moron that's grasping at any little straw, and when you can't grasp one, you make shit up. What makes it even worse is that you pretend to be a fan of the band just make your lack of points seem valid. Sorry, you can't hide your bullshit here.
    test
  9. Cornrow Wallace

Cornrow Wallace New Member

Suicidal Tendencies back in 2000. Shit was amazing.
    test
  10. Ed E Brock

Oh you're right. Kurt had amazing lyrics and riffs the same. hahahahaha.... now who's retarded?

Seriously, there were tons of other grunge bands and most sounded alike... ok, nirvana made more catchy songs that were more radio friendly. So they're groundbreakers...

and no, you didn't prove they sound alike... I've never heard the songs you're talking about more than likely, but i've not heard one that resembles the other. I don't listen to either, but from what I've heard... it's •••••s and oranges.
    test
  11. Ed E Brock

test
  12. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

Come as You Are by itself would show that both of these opinions of mine are strong. Just about all of his post Bleach lyrics were good to really good.

Lol @ attempted personal shots, especially when they don't really make sense. Aren't you Memento? If you are, I have no problem with you. If you aren't, I still have no problem with you. I'm all for arguing and making a thread big, but let's cut the schoolyard insults.

Nirvana was out before most of the grunge bands I'm going to assume you're referring to. STP, Alice in Chains, and Pearl Jam didn't really sound a thing like Nirvana. The Melvins would be the closest thing, and Kurt broke clear away from that sound after Bleach.

The rap/rock thing is a pointless argument. I've tried looking at it from an objective point of view, and they do sound the same to me. Sure, there are different voices, lyrics, and even approaches to songs, but all in all I just hear the same bullshit from every band. Of course the latest Linkin Park album doesn't sound like say Limp Bizkit's "Nookie," but it still has that corny ass feel to it that makes it the same to me.
    test
  13. 1ndex Finger

1ndex Finger That Negro Alliance!

yea.

Nevermind was the first album of it's kind mainstream wise.
    test
  14. Ed E Brock

I don't think 'come as you are' does anything to help kurt's status as a decent songwriter.

All in all, it's a simple song.... look on any kid's blog and they create the same.

I can name tons of nirvana songs that have lazy lyrics.... I actually just looked and realized i'd be pasting names like crazy, so I backed out.

again... i like them, but I do admit they are one of the most overrated bands ever... and that they weren't very talented. But.. you don't have to have assloads of talent to make good music that appeals to people.

and that's my main point.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.