Best Rock Concert You've Been To?

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by Macabre, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

What was it?
    test
  2. THRiLLaH

THRiLLaH Snap, Crackle, Pop.

System Of A Down's 2005 summer tour, with Bad Acid Trip and some other garbage band.. Mars Volta i think

not exactly a "rock" concert, cuz i don't consider SOAD "rock"... it's just the best concert i've been to period.
    test
  3. D. MonEy25

D. MonEy25 Gifted With The Words

Only rock band ive seen live is Rustic Overtones.... And i dont think they were classified as rock were they? But i wouldnt mind seeing a few bands live.
    test
  4. TruKaos

TruKaos I'll Box Your Ears

i've only been to three shows and i always go cuz my friends have extra tickets.

the first show i went to was fastball, sugar ray and the goo goo dolls when i was like 11. it sucked.

last year i went to the warped tour in clevland and i saw the bled, amber pacific, mest, hawthorne heights, the starting line, fall out boy and my chemical romance. i'm not a big fan of most of their music, but the worst band i saw was hawthorne heights (every song sounded the same, and they sucked), and the best band was probly mest, they had a real energetic set.

about a month ago my friend gave me a ticket to go see hellogoodbye, panic at the disco and the academy is... with him. hellogoodbye was shitty, panic at the disco sucked live, but the academy is... was awesome. their frontman has more stage presence than anyone ive ever seen and glides across the stage effortlessly. plus they sounded good as hell. i was impressed. the academy is plays pretty pop-punk music on their album but theyre alot harder in concert. that was the best show ive been to.
    test
  5. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

all i have seen rock wise was

Rage Against the Machine..they were doing some show with The Roots
    test
  6. Washington Ave

Washington Ave is that a diss?

dave matthews band....hands down
    test
  7. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

ive seen hundreds... ones i've been fans of and ones i havent been...

(i've also seen acadamy is... pretty good live, they make it more.... hard live. Not nearly as sissy as their album versions. Lead singer tries to be someone else... can't remember who i'm trying to think of...)

Anyway....

Story of the Year by far has been the most entertaining to watch. Guitars flying back and forth across the stage... backflips off towers... all kinds of crazy shit.... nonstop energy.

makes tae-bo look like monopoly.

And ShowBread.... INSANE. It's like...8 guys in red/black just swarming around the stage. Crazy shit.... very well done though.

Chiodos... a band i dont care for was also pretty good live.
    test
  8. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

test
  9. D. MonEy25

Hawthorne Heights are goin to or already have played a show here in Maine with Fall Out Boy, i wouldnt mind seeing them live, but i cant get to Portland... fucka...
    test
  10. D. MonEy25

I heard Panic At The Disco for the first time today, the video was on AIM.com... they arent bad but like you said they were live when u saw them.
    test
  11. TruKaos

TruKaos I'll Box Your Ears

ive known about them for a long time, my friend saw their first concert ever last year and told me about them. their album is different, but i like it. they just sucked live cuz from what i hear they didnt do a live show til they were signed, so they basically have no experience playing to a crowd. they can still get better.

oh, and that video's one of their worst songs
    test
  12. Plekz

Plekz Guest

The G3 concert I went to a few years back with Satch, Vai and Petrucci...
    test
  13. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

the eagles
    test
  14. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

Well I've only seen Linkin Park before they blew-up and they fuckin ripped it. They didn't even do their pussy songs because they weren't known yet.
    test
  15. the Prince

the Prince New Member

[​IMG] dave matthews band
    test
  16. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

havent been to many.......but the Rolling Stones were fuckin crazy.......those old guys have alot of energy
    test
  17. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

Death From Above 1979/Queens of the Stone Age/Nine Inch Nails

last summer in philly

illest shit ever

green day is a close 2nd
    test
  18. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

Sevendust was great live, except I was dumb enough to be standing right in front of the barrier in front of the stage right when Sevendust came on and almost got crushed.

Clutch was good too and Wookiefoot's music wasn't that great, but they made up for it with their stage show.
    test
  19. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

Heh, I couldn't bring myself to go to a Dave Matthews concert.

My girl loves them, and when she went to one she wanted me to go. I kind of felt bad saying no, because she's always doing things I know she doesn't enjoy as much as I do (no anal-o), but I think I'd rather take a kick to the hairy boys.
    test
  20. -Mac-

-Mac- Registered ABUSER

You don't put SOAD in the rock genre? What the hell genre you consider them? Hip-hop?

As for the best show, hmmmmmmm, I'd say Ozzfest back in '03 I believe. It was the year Manson was on set before Ozzy. Man he put on a fuckin' HELL of a set. It was amazing. Also I saw Metallica the last time they were on tour, at least I think it was the last time, it was years ago, probably '01 or '02. They put on a great show playin' mostly pre-Black Album shit with a few Load/Reload tracks.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.