Best Offensive Line: 2006

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Yung Lyon, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yung Lyon

Yung Lyon THE BOSS

Matt Birk (best C in the league)
    Steve Hutchinson (aquire G from seattle)
    Bryant Mckinnie (top 5 tackes in nfl)

Chris Lewinski/Adam Herrara
    Mike Rothsenthal/Adam Goldberg

tell me that isnt crazy? 3 of the top 10 OLine-men in the league on one offensive line???

and the other 4 are pretty good, good enough to give Chester Taylor 1,500yrds rushing

we got 2 new FBs (Tony Richardson-Joey Goodspeed), so Jim Kleinsiser will be going back to TE, along with Jermain Wiggins

Koren Robinson is our new #1 WR, Nate Burleson is still a 1,000yrd WR, and Troy Williamson will be one of the best in the nfl in a couple years...

thats 3 very good WRs, marcus robinson and travis taylor are pretty good-decent...

Chester Taylor running behind this offensive line and his FB Tony Richardson (aquired from kansas)

come on?? all this offense needs is a GOOD QB, brad johnson is coo but he wont last but one more season.... we need a QB we can count on to take us to the super bowl... maybe we'll get one in the draft, because of the vikes aggressiveness and business management we are the ONLY team that will get 3 of the top 51 players in the 2006 Draft.... so chances are our roster will be well equipt... and we arent even done making trades and roster moves yet so im expecteding the 2006 Vikings to be super bowl contenders... especially with our defense...

DEFENSE -------------------

DT - Kevin Williams (top 5)
    DT - Pat Williams (top 10-15)
    DE - Darrion Scott (decent player)
    DE - Kenichi Udeze/Erasmus James (Kenichi is very good)

CB - Fred Smoot (decent physically, very good statistically INTS)
    CB - Antoine Winfield (best tackling CB in nfl, very good cover CB, top 5-10)

FS - Darren Sharper (amazing, the best FS in the past 5 years)
    SS - Corey Chavous (great player)

LB - Napolean Harris (great player)
    LB - Davis, Leber, Henderson, Thomas (all solid tacklers and good LBs)

i dont know what else to say, the defense is solid as a rock, only thing they need to make them AMAZING is a good QB, a 3rd solid CB, and maybe a more experience LB alongside Harris...

but with that sed i like the Vikings being superbowl contenders next season...

and if they get the QB they need i'll dam near guarentee them a spot....
    test
  2. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

birk isnt the best c in the league..not to mention hes coming off a injury..
    test
  3. Identity

Identity Shaq fears Yao!

napolean harris isn't a great player...he's weak as fuck....and they don't have corey chavous no more....
    test
  4. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

don't get to excited..Vikings fans keep doing that every year and the team keeps dissapointing..
    test
  5. Yung Lyon

Yung Lyon THE BOSS

Matt Birk is best C in NFC, and best C in NFL when hes 100%

napolean harris is good when he wanst to be, hes still adjusting

yea i just sen dat corey aint wit us anymore, willie offord is takin the spot, hes not too bad but not to great either

but anyways we have a solid squad

the reason they never live up to expectations is because of injuries (moss-culpepper-birk-bennet-mckinnie-williams, ect) they are like the rockets of the nfl lol

if they all stay healthy this season they will be great, because a good defense and a good offense all in da same season is something the vikings havent had in years... and we are not half way down completing the roster

he have the 3 top 51 draft picks and more trades to make, so expect our squad to be more than solid
    test
  6. Iceodu921

Your saying hes the best based on what?

CAuse a couple of c's come to my mind as being better than him including Kevin Mawae.
    test
  7. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

lol @ viking fans.. this your annual we will do good thread??

oh BTW mckinnie wasnt even the best OT in his draft.. hes had more average/disappointing seasons than good ones...

hutchinson is badass but u dont play guards an average of 7mil.. their the least important of olineman.. if u gave him that much just imagine how much birk and mckinnie gonna want

and quit overrated the defense.. only 3 worth mentioning are winfeild, pig pat, and kevin williams..
    test
  8. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

lol, vikings won't even be the best in their divison. you know that griese went to chicago right? kitna is in detroit and if brett plays like brett green bay always has a chance. besides the winner of the NFC is gonna be from the EAST Division. Dallas got TO, Washington's picked up Randel El and I forget who else. Plus they've gotten rid of Ramsy for a 2nd round pick, not bad. If Brunnel struggles they can always pull Jason Campbell the rooke QB from last year. McNabb will be healthy. Giants got Eli developing.

I'm still pulling for Dallas though.
    test
  9. Nam Dekan

what about 2003? a 6-0 start and they loose the division to Green Bay...Caulpepper only missed 2 games and that was during the 6-0 start...Moss was healthy, they had a whole group of running backs getting the job done..Birk made the pro bowl
    test
  10. Yung Lyon

Yung Lyon THE BOSS

^^matt birk always makes the pro bowl...

yea in 2003 they choked, it happens, ask the colts

but yea how did dude say those are the only 3 good on our defense when he have the top 3 free safetys in darren sharper? must be sick

the o-line is gonna be serious, just watch
    test
  11. toker

your team always choke.. see purple people eater

and even if i counted sharper its still far from dominant like u try to make it seem
    test
  12. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

what's funny is the draft hasn't even started...

Kreutz owns Birk
    test
  13. toker

the only person kruetz owns is his own teamate fred miller
    test
  14. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Colts, obviously. (if you discount the AFC Championship game)
    test
  15. Nitsuj™

Nitsuj™ We Are The Resistance

true! lol

but on paper, you can't deny it... the Vikings roster looks like a Super Bowl caliber team with a so-so QB. They just need to perform at the level they can.

Matt Birk: the smartest O linemen ever, the guy's a genius! there's no other Center I'd have in the middle of my line than him, barkin out calls to the rest of the o line.

I get excited for the Vikings EVERY god damn year. and 98 was the only year I was correct in all my offseason/preseason rants about how the Vikings were gonna be sooooooooooo good.

Now that we finally got rid of the headcases, this team is set to explode in 06.

just watch as all your teams get annihilated by the guys wearing purple bitches!

And we still got cap room for more.
    test
  16. Nitsuj™

Nitsuj™ We Are The Resistance

ummm... Green Bay won how many games last year?

Yeah something tells me you cheese heads are the ones that're gonna be gettin a bit disapointed from now on.
    test
  17. Iceodu921

lol @ birk getting so much hype now.
    test
  18. Nam Dekan

hey green bay wasnt the team that went and made a ton of moves in the off season and didn't live up to expectations.

i heard viking fans last year talking about the super bowl and all that because of the off season moves..

i wasn't surprised by Green Bay last season, and I wasn't dissapointed...they had a bad season, big deal...the run of winning seasons had to stop sometime along the line..if green bay has another bad season again, I won't be dissapointed because they really havent done much in the off season to warrant excitement...if they do good then it will be a plesant surprise..
    test
  19. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

15-1 w/o a super bowl APPEARANCE.

Hope that's still fresh in your gay-ass purple minds. Faggot-ass choking team. 4 SB's w/o a single win.

Waste of space. Fuck your whole city. Even if you win the SB you're still 1/5 hahahahhahahahaha

Losers!
    test
  20. Yung Lyon

Yung Lyon THE BOSS

^wat?

but anyway, the vikings still have enough cap room to build the ELITE franchise so lets just watch and see
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.