Best mic for my voice?

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by New B, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New B

New B Greatest Asian rapper?

I need to find the best mic for my voice within a $300 range. Currently I record with a Shure SM58 and that is not cutting it. My voice is kinda high pitched.

I've recorded at studios before on a Neumann U87 and Blue KIWI and I like how my voice sounds with the Blue KIWI. What's a good cheaper mic that emulates that sound? Would another Blue mic be good for me? Such as a bluebird or spark or whatever... or should I get something else altogether?

If you need to hear what my voice sounds like to determine the best mic for my voice I have my soundclick in my sig.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate it.
    test
  2. New B

Well it's too late now, I saw the bluebird for a great deal so I already bought it. Hopefully it works well with my voice. Still willing to hear other opinions tho cuz I could always sell the mic if it doesn't suit me.
    test
  3. IEatBabiesMusic

IEatBabiesMusic New Member

Well, I use a very cheap one, and its pretty bad :p
    test
  4. capItal eyez

capItal eyez Member

The blue bird is a solid mic, I use it to record vocals a lot, It has the brightness like a nuemann without all the sibilance. And blue's are very good on rap vocals in general
    test
  5. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

Ahhh man for spending exactly $300 on a mic I would have gone with the Shure sm7b dynamic.. major work horse mic and sounds great on A LOT of different vocals and amps and instruments also.. I had a bluebird for a couple days and drove an hour and a half to take it back.. just didn't match me.. a lot of people do sound good on it though.. anyway check out the sm7b if you re-invest in something different.
    test
  6. New B

thanks ya'll i appreciate it.

i'll try out the bluebird when i get it, if it doesn't sound good i'll look into the shure sm7b.
    test
  7. New B

thanks ya'll i appreciate it.

i'll try out the bluebird when i get it, if it doesn't sound good i'll look into the shure sm7b. im not really lookin to build a studio or have a lot of people record on my mic or record any live instruments. this would be for my vocals only. still tho, if the bluebird doesn't sound good i'll go to a local guitar center and try it out.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.