Best Laptops For Producing?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by -Caliban-, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

agreed ive seen towers the size of a xbox
    test
  2. -Caliban-

-Caliban- New Member

The shit will all still fit in my backpack.

You guys are also forgetting all the crap that comes with the tower: the keyboard, the mouse, the wires, and the monitor.
    test
  3. Stackin$$$

Stackin$$$ New Member

Co-sign...

Laptop eliminates the Monitor, Keyboard and mouse, and half of the damn cables.

You can actually get a lil small $75 rack to mount your Audio/MIDI interface, external HD, and maybe a Midi controller, (if it doesnt have alot of Keys/Pads). Very compact and organized. Both the rack and the laptop fit in a backpack or briefcase. Try that with a tower ;)

As soon as my Camera comes in the mail, ill upload a pic.
    test
  4. Stackin$$$

Stackin$$$ New Member

About that Laptops not bein good/fast enough to handle everything...

Are you scoring an hour long movie, trying to a emulate 50 piece orchestra in Surround Sound? With 10 different convolution reverbs? If not then STFU.

For just your regular hip-hop beat...you'll get along fine just as long as you buy a quality laptop and optimize your system and take care of it right.

SHIIITTT...I read in Sound and Sound Magazine that the Underdogs (R AND B PRODUCERS) do their songwriting/composing on Mac laptops (forget which ones) with just Logic and a few other soft synths.

EDIT:Found video link
    http://www.underdogentertainment.net

Click the "Underlab" tab, and click on the first two videos...;)
    test
  5. th3r3isn0futur3

th3r3isn0futur3 Active Member

damn mayn, all my latest shiet been produced ona laptop... 2.2 Ghz, 512 DDR (266 or 333 RAM, forgot which clock), and a 30 gig drive.... got my midi controller and reason mayn, shits mad nice.... been usin this laptop for a minute mayn, dun even need a tower... plus, unless you samplin from vinyl or recordin vocals... why you need all this bullshit ass hardware, a laptop and a midi controller alone is all ya need mayn...
    test
  6. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

Well J-Mizzle, you already wasted $150 fruity loops, so even after the majority on here and the experienced users told you to get a tower, and you insist on a laptop then you're a hopeless case. and th3r3isn0futur3, you're laptop is maaaad whack, but are you arab?

Pz
    test
  7. -Caliban-

-Caliban- New Member

It's not feasible for me to get a tower, you fucking idiot.
    test
  8. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

Clearly, you're the idiot, I'm not the one who spent $150 on the Fruit
    test
  9. -Caliban-

-Caliban- New Member

Yet you're the one that continues to tell me to get a tower when I already told you I travel a lot and I'm not gonna pay $100 shipping roundtrip everytime.

And you're trying to diss me for buying a program? How moronic is that? Shut the fuck up.
    test
  10. Stackin$$$

Stackin$$$ New Member

Wait ,,wait, arent u the same guy who said this?
    [funny]
    test
  11. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

Get an XPC son, plus you can always carry it on you pussy. But whatever, you'll see in the long run how listenin to Stackin is a mistake. And Stackin...what's the point of your post.

If you're a producer that doesn't care about the final product then obviously you don't take music production seriously. That's why mixing is important. Are you here to tell me that Fruity Loops is an excellent or top notch mixing program? OK...dumbass.

Pz
    test
  12. -Caliban-

-Caliban- New Member

And what do I do with the monitor and keyboard and all the wires?

I'm not using a hiking backpack when I'm talkin about puttin shit in my backpack.
    test
  13. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

why do u fags turn everything into an argument
    he asked for a lap top he didnt ask your point of view on what he should get
    maybe homeboy has to take flights alot
    imagine taking a pc with the tower and monitor along as carry on to a fuckin plane.

how did 'mixing' come into play
    its the engineers job to mix maybe he (like MOST OF US) jus wanna make beats get paid an leave
    not everyone wants to have to do it all, regaurdless of the check.
    test
  14. Stackin$$$

Stackin$$$ New Member

^couldnt have said it better myself
    test
  15. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

The kid started by askin what he's gonna get. I mean shit if this kid can afford to fly back and forth every three months then he can afford payin $100 round trip.

If you wanna get deep in the game you have to have at least a decent knowledge about mixing. Now for all you serious producers, RESPECT. All you cats who are selling beats for $50 step ya game up.

Pz
    test
  16. -Caliban-

-Caliban- New Member

How stupid can you really be?

For real, how stupid can you be?

I fly JetBlue and shit rarely goes over 150 dollars a flight. Why would I bother paying an extra 100 when I can just carry the shit with me?

If desktops were a consideration, I would have asked what is the best computer for producing. Did I? No, I asked for the best laptops. Therefore, you should realize that I'm not asking for a desktop. After that realization, you should figure out that you shouldn't open up your idiotic mouth about desktops because desktops are irrelevant to the question.
    test
  17. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

Bottom line is, your wastin your money, wasting my time, and wasting precious air. At least Fruity Loop makers are happy about this.
    test
  18. DatNiccaBumpz

DatNiccaBumpz New Member

get a desktop
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.