Best form of Cardiovascular Endurance Training

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Anton2221, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anton2221

Anton2221 New Member

was just interested to know (and hopefully learn a few things from you guys) on what you think is the best form of cardiovascular endurance training with the aim of increasing stamina and endurance

i know the obvious one would be running, but does anyone else find any other forms just as good/better than running?
    test
  2. Thrizzy

Thrizzy 3.T.

I prefer HIIT over anything TBH, that'll build stamina too.

But I guess in terms of training specifically for endurance, IDK probably swimming.
    test
  3. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i do HIIT, but that's more short-span endurance.

swimming if you have the opportunity is the single best cardio workout you can do as it utilizes your entire body. boxing as well.

if you can't do that stuff, a stationary bike (or just regular bike) doing sprint intervals for 30 seconds then hard biking for 60-90 seconds is incredible.

doing stairs is also a huge benefit. works muscle + long endurance.
    test
  4. Anton2221

Anton2221 New Member

^^ i JUST now started swimming for cardio in my spare time and HIIT as a part of my football teams workout. hard work but im sure the benfits are gonna come

gotta start getting fit again during the off season lol
    test
  5. IIthousandth Ndividual

IIthousandth Ndividual still the grimiest

HIIT is awesome...

so is kettle bell training...crucial resistance cardio there that'll push up to the limits and then beyond
    test
  6. allnakey

allnakey Sex is no fun by yourself

Cross-fit, or any of the Gym Jones type work outs. They are all for time so it forces you to push yourself
    test
  7. Anton2221

Anton2221 New Member

^ can you explain to me what the Gym Jones work out is exactly

thanks
    test
  8. allnakey

allnakey Sex is no fun by yourself

Google it man, It's a program designed to help pro athletes, movie stars... Basically it's a lot of variations of pull ups, kettle bell swings, functional movement exercises. It focuses on good form, endurance, strength, coordination... ect. There is a whole science behind their routines. It's pretty in depth, they have a program you can implement yourself, but it takes access to an open spaced gym and a lot of dedication, with diets, rest, recover, and maintaining a consistent work out schedule.

Cross fit is a little easier, less expensive. There's a cross fit gym in Georgia I go to. They have trained professionals that run the routines and get your form to where it needs to be to perform the exercises correctly.

All in all both programs are short timed circuits. They allow you to get maximum gain in little time. Great for over all cardio, strength, and the exercises are practical. Meaning they are functional based exercises.
    test
  9. Anton2221

Anton2221 New Member

^just checked out their website, thanks 4 the heads up
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.