"Bender usin sorry player again with new lines is impressive as fuck, not played out"

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by onlyoneq, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. casual1

casual1 Well-Known Member

Illmac voted Bender. Proof that he's a rappers rapper.
    test
  2. wonton soup

wonton soup Member

What's with all the threads trying to discredit bender?

Honestly, it wasn't as good as the previous 2, but it's like a trademark, and is way better than "smack, who is this ______"
    test
  3. Water_Mage

Water_Mage Well-Known Member

Nah Illmac just really hates sketch menace
    test
  4. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

"Smack who is this nigga" scheme used on Calicoe by Young Ill is much more memorable and iconic, than the Sorry Player scheme. It's impact on battle rap on a whole is evident by the amount of people in almost every league that's mimicked it.
    test
  5. casual1

casual1 Well-Known Member

sketch got beat on some GROWN MAN SHIT.
    test
  6. seattlebattle12

seattlebattle12 aka lil ill & dagawd100

The phrase he's a rapper's rapper is a cop out, even if it's true. You're acting as catering to a smaller niche audience makes him more impressive than someone that can cater to a large and diverse one.

Who's the better director, Stephen Spielberg or Andrei Tarkovsky?
    test
  7. tyronehouston

tyronehouston Well-Known Member

That man get's it!!!
    test
  8. wonton soup

wonton soup Member

I agree about the impact.
    but then he used it against Rich
    and then again vs DNA
    test
  9. Aftershock

Aftershock Cooksvillain

How was I arrogant? I said maybe you understand how writing works, and maybe you don't. Maybe you've written a few verses yourself, doesn't make you a good writer.
    test
  10. zonal000

zonal000 Well-Known Member

Christ almighty!@ I can't take it!! You guys consistently make the worst half-argument statements I've ever seen!!!*$&!%$@#^$

And I mean you, Stattlebattle, and whoever you're responding to. And a lot of other people. You guys might as well be saying Yes! and No! back and forth.

Arguments need to be built upon a ground of supporting statements and rhetoric. Not flat sentences and pointless rhetorical questions. "Rapper's Rapper" could use some justification.... but so can the insinuation that appealing to a large audience = better than.

PS: I don't know who Andy Tarkosaur is but Stephen Spielberg's movies suck.
    Are you also gonna try arguing (or at least, implying) that N'Sync's album 'No Strings Attached' is better than Mozart's Requiem Mass because it made more money?

The RM user with the Guy Debord avatar should get in here.
    test
  11. seattlebattle12

seattlebattle12 aka lil ill & dagawd100

What? Mozart appeals to the masses across various demographics. N'Sync appeals to a smaller demographic.

Look up Andrei Tarkovsky, the guy is the GOAT movie director's director.
    test
  12. Witticisms

Witticisms New Member

Sorry player.
    Once great and majestic but now sad and pathetic/Considered a beast because you know how to work similes, I’m feeling apathetic/ Let’s shadow box/can you outwit a fox? Your rhymes a cage, my schemes personified rage. I speak to your humanity/where is your sanity? It’s insanity to come at me using like or as 10 times in a row/ I’m not going to outdo you by copying your style that be low /Here’s my thesis/Your preference to similes is your crutch, now you’re not looking like much/I had a thought and that thought brought forth fire your situation is looking dire/ Let these forum vultures attack me if for any sign of weakness/My cadence may not be as good as ness is/ But no matter how bad I do, I brought fire to this community/ I don’t pretend to be hard so these vultures will try to pick me apart/ I must applaud the shameful unity/Take a stab at the chest, ears and heart/ No matter what you do with this one performance I will always be considered a titan/People thinking you’re unbeatable is all an illusion. Comrades! A call to action/ Here is a notion/Use not one simile but a few metaphors and a bit of personification/ Before I forget when I had that scheme about fire and vultures I was planning on referencing Greek culture/So there’s no confusion I’m Promthesus Unbound/ How do you like that allusion? Are you sure you want to go another round?
    Sorry Player.

Let it be known I enjoy the sorry player schemes. Just wished he'd switch up the scheme sometimes with metaphors and personifications. If he has, then I'll take that last sentence back.
    test
  13. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

see kids, not everyone can write well
    test
  14. zonal000

zonal000 Well-Known Member

I guarantee that at no point in history has Mozart's music had the audience N'Sync had circa 2000.

that's ok... thanks though.

I prefer John Waters.
    test
  15. Browser

Browser 455450

Tarkovsky is the greatest ever. His rivals are only Bresson and Ozu. Case closed. Kiarostami sits comfortably at #4.
    test
  16. Witticisms

Witticisms New Member

Lol

[​IMG]

All in good fun, I did that out of boredom

But yea I enjoy the sorry player schemes. I wonder if Bender tires of doing them and only does it because his audience loves them sometimes
    test
  17. Witticisms

Witticisms New Member

Ozu's not my preference, too many shots of objects that you can't be sure if they contribute to the plot in any form or manner.
    test
  18. DeathProof

DeathProof Past zooted.

Bender is a rapper's rapper.
    test
  19. Browser

Browser 455450

Fair enough, I think Late Spring is one of the greatest ever. I think the objects cannot be understood symbolically or metaphorically, only pragmatically. There're no sermons under stones, just in them.
    test
  20. Witticisms

Witticisms New Member

I like that line where is it from? But yea I recently just finished a class dealing with World Cinema, sadly Ozu was done last so you would have been displeased.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.