"Bender usin sorry player again with new lines is impressive as fuck, not played out"

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by onlyoneq, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soul Khansenses

Soul Khansenses Soul Khansenses

As vital of a community as this is, the majority of battle viewers don't visit or participate in this site, so you're talking about two completely different viewpoints.
    test
  2. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

i thought it would be played out after a bunch of battlers tried their hand at it but bender did it a lot better than everyone else so it was good imo
    test
  3. tyronehouston

tyronehouston Well-Known Member

It's cool to a degree because it's his trademark and all but when people compare it to some of Aye Verb's best schemes that's when they've gone to far :funny::funny::funny:
    test
  4. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

Sorry Player IS the setup. So he just has to craft the rest of the line around the scheme. That's what people are saying. By using it like a trademark phrase.. it's taking a shortcut on the setup side of things.

People gave shit to Eyedea for "When I'm on the Mic," and Thesaurus for "All I know is that." Only difference here is Bender is rhyming his setup phrase. Doesn't give it more legs imo.
    test
  5. zonal000

zonal000 Well-Known Member

Arghh... a moebius strip formed in rapmusic.com and we're all stuck in it%^^$@$&*(^!

Where's TyroneHuston?!

Did he find a way out?!!
    test
  6. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

what? lol

so sorry player is the setup, and the next 8 bars or whatever are 1 big punchline? lmao damn
    test
  7. Aftershock

Aftershock Cooksvillain

it's a short cut to stretch a scheme a 3rd time with all original lines? doesn't seem like a short cut to me

"all I know is that" is freestyle filler, not the same as written bars

Like it was suggested earlier, Bender is a rappers rapper (believe it or not). Unless you understand this written shit, you'll never truly appreciate it. Hell maybe you do understand this written shit and still don't - doesn't really matter does it?
    test
  8. Aftershock

Aftershock Cooksvillain

Crunk understands
    test
  9. tyronehouston

Fuck you for making me look up "moebius strip"

After reading it. I'm impressed :word:

That's why we need a good balance of differing opinions.

Ya'll need me and IKNOWALL and we need ya'll :funny::funny::funny:
    test
  10. Water_Mage

Water_Mage Well-Known Member

lmao @ bender being a rapper's rapper

Bender is an artfag's rapper

"prepare for the fall like a hay fever shot" Dayum how does he write this stuff?
    test
  11. Papaddoc619

Papaddoc619 New Member

got dayum!
    test
  12. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    test
  13. tyronehouston

Leave it to non-Black, non-USA born and bred people to be the expert on what a rapper's rapper is like you learned it from school or something.

That's just as arrogant as "Hip Hop is not dead it lives in the North":funny::funny::funny:

You will never understand this....but Philly Swain is more a rapper's rapper than Bender can ever be.
    test
  14. Aftershock

Aftershock Cooksvillain

hahahhahahh - the color of my skin signifies my knowledge on hip hop?
    test
  15. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

skin color is the first thing on tyronehouston's mind at all times
    test
  16. casual1

casual1 Well-Known Member

Bender IS a rappers rapper. His pengame is toptier. The way he structures his verses is a step above most.
    test
  17. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

It's not as simple as Setup line -> Punchline. Especially with styles that utilize multi's. The setup can sometimes be 2 or 3 bars before the punchline.

It's no different than starting schemes by rhyming your own name.

You're right.. and as such, "All I know is that" is a hell of a lot more excusable seeing as how it's off the top and not strategically repeated in multiple verses.

Sorry Player is the foundation of the rhyme.. so for those lines specifically.. he starts at Sorry Player, then looks for a scheme that will deliver a punch. Yes it's typically more difficult than starting with the concept of a punch and working the scheme around it but it IS a writing technique that's used fairly often.

And keep that arrogant attitude to yourself. I don't pretend to know shit about you so don't assume that I'm not versed and experienced in writing and battling. Battle Rap didn't start with WRC and Multi's weren't created by Illmac and Thesaurus.
    test
  18. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

I don't think people were questioning Bender's pengame. It was the actual RAPPING part that's inferred when saying he's a Rapper's Rapper. A more accurate assesment is saying he's a Lyricist's Lyricst or a Writer's Writer.
    test
  19. tyronehouston

When you become the expert arbiter of who a rapper's rapper is on black hip hop culture, well then yes....race and location places a huge role on what your biases dictate.
    test
  20. tyronehouston

When you've worked in corporate america for the past 10 years in an Urban City like I do (especially in the South), Well than yes, you are constantly reminded of race all the time, so it inadvertently stays on your mind.

Welcome to HIP HOP CULTURE ya'll enjoy it....we live it everyday.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.