Being around your friends ex's

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Short2003, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

This is your friends ex of about 6 years, they have been broken up for 3 years and they have a kid together. You have never really had a problem with him and your current boyfriend and him have been friends on and off for the past 15 years. Of course there is a few things that IMO are totally unacceptable but out of the following situations what do you think is OK:

A) You often go to a mutual friends house and your friends ex LIVES there so you see him quite often and one night end up just talking outside about your lives (kids, jobs, bills, ect)

B) Your friends Ex ends up being friends with one of your close friends and obviously he is around you since you have the same friends.

C) You end up living in a place where the friends Ex comes to visit and party at quite often.

D) You call the ex up maybe once every month or two (he's a party guy) to see what his plans are for the evening, since you have mutual friends, you would end up with him and them, not just you and him for the night.

E) He has helped you out in the past and became decent friends over the years (since he has been around) and end up at his house for the evening with your friends ex and his current girlfriend.

Of course there is a reason why Im asking, I have a friend that thinks all of the above situations are unacceptable and you should NEVER hang out with a friends ex no matter what. I myself see some of the situations above acceptable.. Even though this has never happened to me and I don't know how it is first hand but some of the situations above are situations you can't really help, therefor I can't see myself getting mad. I might be annoyed but I wouldn't say anything b/c I would feel I didn't really have the right.

Discuss..
    test
  2. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

I think they are all cool...I mean they have been ex's for 6 years.

Let the fucking baggage go!
    test
  3. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

I don't think it's a big deal. It's alright to still be friends with a friend's ex. I mean just b/c she has issues with him doesn't mean you have to have issues with him as well.

It's not that she truly has a problem with it persay... she's just jealous plain and simple.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.