before i buy the Emu 1212m, how do i go about installing it?

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Syn 6, Jul 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

how do i go about installing the emu if it is intergrated? =/

i know i disable it .. but then what? then how do i go about getting the emu working if i can't actually put it in there ..
    test
  2. doctah

doctah I know how to do that...

Go to Dell's website and download the instruction manual. It will tell you how to open the case. The dell's I've worked on open like a book (like someone else mentioned). I usually hate the mass makers' cases - but dell's have sweet cases. They are crowded as hell - but they are sweet. The CD Rom's don't screw to the case - they slide in and lock. The harddrives are in a removeable drive cage. They did a damn good job.

I'm not sure what you mean about "How do I get the e-mu working if I can't actually put it in there?"... If you have an open PCI slot - you can install it.
    test
  3. Hyydro

Hyydro ah yes yes yall

you have a dell

if its recent, it has a green tab thingy that covers the slots where the extra video cards, modems, soundcards, etc. go.

its hard to take out the green tab, but you must do it.

take that off, put in the card in any slot, close it with teh green tab thingy,

disable your intregrated soundcard, enable your emu.

there you go.

itd be nice if you had all this information in the first post instead of making us hack and hack all the way through 20 some posts just to discern an answer.
    test
  4. Les W

Les W Was Helped By Point Game

I hope you don't have an e-machine
    test
  5. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

^ dell ..
    test
  6. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

iight hyydro is this what your talking about..

its at the bottom of the computer .. below where the other soundcard is and where the mic plug in and all that ..

and it has this bar that is grean and it goes over this metal sheet which covers these 2 other card type things which i have no idea what they are .. is that what you're talking about?
    test
  7. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

ok its for sure intergrated .. i went to check out how i'm gonna go about disabling it, and it says right there "SoundMAX intergrated digital audio" ..

that pisses me off that its intergrated .. just makes things more complex .. this is by far the most confusing any equipment purchase has ever been to me .. at least it'll be worth it =( ..

i still need some more help tho .. i hope that the place i just pointed out that hyyrdo was talkin about is where i put it ..

and before i buy, is there anything extra that i am going to need that doesn't come with the soundcard that is a must if it's going to work? just need to know all this stuff cuz i'm going to purchase pretty soon ..
    test
  8. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

gotta love binary codes..
    test
  9. Hyydro

Hyydro ah yes yes yall

thats the place your lookin for.

you gotta take that green strip off to reveal the slots where you will adhere your new soundcard.

and dont worry, it sounds complicated but the soundmax (whcih is what i have) being integrated isnt as complex as you make it.

just disable it, and install your new soundcard.
    test
  10. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

iight man thanks ..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.