Before anyone jumps on the Velazquez bandwagon...

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by ANDtheMC, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

Carwin is fuckin' garbage. He landed a lucky punch on Gonzaga, and now people think he's good enough to fight for a title?

Gtfo...
    test
  2. Jenga

Jenga New Member

That makes zero sense, if it is MY top five then I am putting them in order of the way I see overall win ability (potential) and skill.
    test
  3. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

garbage? can we say he is garbage any more than he is great?

we dont know a whole lot except his wrasslin is supposed to be good, he is big and string , his fights end quick and he has heavy hands
    test
  4. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

fact is average fans like a puncher..

they see brock, he dominated mir a bjj guy, he beat couture a wrestler.. aged, but still, he also beat herring.. people want to see an area they havent really seen him up against, someone with a lot of power in their hands, to the average fan it seems the best chance of him losing

personally i think mirs new found focus is definitely trouble for lesnar if they fight again

didnt mir just say in an interview if anyone were to die from injuries in the ring he would want it to be lesnar?? he really hates homie.. its like a life vendetta to beat him, and ive never been a mir fan.. but its impressive
    test
  5. Jenga

Jenga New Member

His now found focus, and the fact he has added 40 pounds to himself... he's gonna be a problem... add in the fact that Lesnar has been out of training for a while.
    test
  6. mellance

mellance New Member

""I want to fight Brock Lesnar. I hate who he is as a person. I want to break his neck in the ring. I want him to be the first person that dies to Octagon-related injuries.""
    test
  7. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

GO MIR! hahahahah... Favorite fighter outside of Rousimar Palhares and they're both gonna be fighting and UFC 111 and I'm going! CHEAAAA!! Well, most likely. It's in Jersey!!! YESSIR!
    test
  8. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

I've watched his fights. He was weary of Gonzaga before he landed that punch. The rest of the people he fought were chumps. All he did was tackle and gnp. I guarantee you he never gets a win against another top tier heavyweight (assuming, of course, you consider Gonzaga to be top tier)...
    test
  9. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

I've got nothing against Mir and skillwise he's looked very impressive, but look at the case for JDS:

old cro cop or not, nobody has ever owned him 100% standing up until JDS. Cro Cop's career still had hope until that fight. He's the only guy to knock out Werdum, who was a top contender in the UFC at the time and was only kicked out because his fights were boring as fuck. He Ko'd Gilbert Yvel who may lose quite a few fights, but only once or twice standing. Guy's beasting.

I understand that Mir has more hype than JDS so having him in a top spot makes more sense financially, but as a fan I just want to see Brock fight other people sometimes, ya know? If he fights and beats Mir convincingly, it leaves Mir in limbo a la Rich Franklin and people will feel that all Brock has proven is that he's figured out Frank.
    test
  10. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

hail mary or not, who else has folded up Gonzaga like that? Dude looked like he was trying to fit himself into a briefcase.

He's shown so far that he can take a punch and that he isn't completely fucked on his back against a skilled grappler.
    test
  11. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I understand what you're saying but I don't give him any props for taking out Crocop. You already explained why. And nobody's beaten Crocop like that of late since he started sucking because they haven't given him any top teir fighters since his prime. Are you telling me Mir wouldn't absolutely annihilate Crocop at this point? Kongo fuckin' took out Crocop. C'mon.

I think Mir's fought higher level competition and looked just as dominant, IF NOT MORE.

And honestly, it's sad because the heavyweight division has become like the middleweight with Anderson. Nobody in the UFC is going to beat Brock at this point... The only person who has a chance is honestly Mir (especially with the size now).
    test
  12. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

I thought that about Lesnar, but I've decided that I want to see him fight more guys like Couture who can neutralize wrestling before thinking of him as that invincible heavyweight.

Mir's got skills, but one thing he has never really shown is wrestling defense. Like a lot of jiu jitsu guys, he probably felt comfortable enough on his back that he never really minded being there. Of course now he's bulking up to neutralize Brock's suffocating tactics, but I have to question if that's enough. There is a healthy difference between becoming big and strong and becoming big and strong along with practicing a certain activity like wrestling. He's spent years bulking up and learning to use his body to suffocate.

But of course it's only what happens during the fight that answers these type of questions.
    test
  13. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

motherfucker is talking absolutes again

in mma

man.... wow....

so lets get this straight, basically none of the ufc champs can lose according to this guy

not brock, not anderson, not bj, not gsp

that only leaves machida

i just question anyones knowledge of the sport if they speak in such absolutes about it so often.... im just wondering how long youve been watching.... anymore than a year and you should know better... but whatever

i have watched over 10,000 fights, the ONE thing ive learned is that in mma you can never be certain of shit other than rickson armbars..... smh
    test
  14. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Back to ignoring this guys stupidity.
    test
  15. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

oh my , the irony of you naming stupidity.....

im glad you just got into mma, enjoy the sport
    test
  16. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Yup, because I'm sure if Jordan played Eric Snow 1 on 1, you wouldn't be damn sure Jordan's not gonna win. RIGGGGHTTTTTT. hahaha... Enjoy your world you stupidity. Ignorance is bliss so you must live in a state of it every day.
    test
  17. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

again, very ironic

because people would want to see the equivalent of jordan vs snow on ppvs?

now which one of the 4 is jordan? lesnar? gsp? penn? silva?

youre fucking hilarious, keep it up!
    test
  18. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Idiot. Whether people want to see it on Pay-Per-Views or not doesn't mean shit. Your point was that there's no "absolutes". Last time I checked, if Eric Snow went against Jordan, EVERYONE NOT DUMB WOULD SAY JORDAN IS GONNA WIN.

So if Anderson Silva fights a Thales Leites, EVERYONE STUPID SAID ANDERSON WAS GOING TO WIN. Anderson, BJ, and GSP can all be considered Jordan's of their divisions because they're the greatest ever at their weight classes. Sorry, buddy. AGAIN, I'll just go back to ignoring all your dumb posts again.
    test
  19. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

wow

you are fucking stupid, please do ignore my posts that means i dont have to deal with the biggest idiot here

lmao@ they are all considered the jordans of their divisions

yeah fuck it they shouldnt fight at all even... man your stupidity amazes me
    test
  20. DahStoryTella

DahStoryTella knowledge of self

Lmaoo.

Gonzaga was winning that fight until he got caught. What are the chances Gonzaga makes that same mistake again in a rematch? Agreed, haha. I'd really go with Gonzaga via UD or stoppage if they fought again actually.

He brings a new challenge though. Just as big as Lesnar, except with some VERY powerful hands, and he was a Div 2 wrestler (It's not Div 1 obviously, and I think Lesnar is by far the better wrestler in MMA, but still Lesnar hasn't faced this.)

What probably makes Carwin talked about for title shots imo basically: Big as Lesnar, and big KO power even with that sloppy technique.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.