Before anyone jumps on the Velazquez bandwagon...

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by ANDtheMC, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I predicted him to beat Nog. I still think the Mir victory over Nog was legit. Mir is a powerful puncher and Nog has been known to take shots. Only reason he hasn't been finished in the past is because people were scared of his jiu-jitsu/guard, while Mir went into it twice and hit 'em before getting back up.

Cain did the same exact thing and he's less powerful than Mir.

Cain isn't ready for Lesnar. I'm readying on Sherdog people saying: "He can wrestle and has better striking so he can beat Lesnar..." That's so ridiculous. (1) he doesn't wrestle better than Lesnar, (2) Lesnar will come into fight night 40 pounds bigger than Cain on top of a MAJOR STRENGTH ADVANTAGE, and (3) he wouldn't even get to strike because Lesnar WOULD TAKE HIM DOWN.

I don't wanna hear people jumping in this fuckin' bandwagon nonsense. I honestly don't think he's even beating Mir right now. I think it's Lesnar, Mir, and then Velazquez at the moment. Last time I checked, Velazquez couldn't stand with Kongo. When Kongo stood with Mir, he couldn't even land a punch and got knocked on his ass off one beautifully timed punch. So from what I've seen, Mir still has the striking advantage. One the ground... He he can take Mir down but can he avoid subs? We've yet to see it.

AGAIN: Lesnar, Mir, and then Velazquez. Please don't jump on this ridiculous bandwagon because one huge knock out. He's great, but not that good. Actually, if we go all MMA... It's Fedor, Lesnar, and then Mir.

Right now, with Mir bulking up in size and still having a technical advantage on Brock (for now), I think he's the only heavyweight who has a legit chance outside of Fedor at taking Brock out. We'll see what happens tho'.

Just my two cents after a great night of UFC 110 fights.
    test
  2. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

I was surprised at Cain's power tonight......he's had some issues with finishing guys but not so tonight.....I thought Nog would have given him a better fight and probably have won but guess I was wrong

Good card
    test
  3. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

Surprised me, but nog wasn't gonna have an iron jaw forever, everyone who has one eventually loses it to age.. as far as Brock tho, he would muscle Cain right now.. and what's Cains reach again? 77? Brock would have I think 5in advantage there too
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

JDS , carwin ?

overeem would break mir's face imo
    test
  5. Jenga

Jenga New Member

my Top 5 in order 1. Mir, 2. Lesnar, 3. Carwin, 4. Cain 5. JDS But Cain is still beasting, the side disadvantage against the "big 3" is going to be a huge disadvantage for both Cain and JDS.
    test
  6. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

I'd say Nog lost more than Cain won. The "scared of his guard" excuse doesn't really work when we've seen him take shotgun blasts from Fedor, not to mention Hendo's overhand right of death. But in the past few years, yeah. Herring could've finished him. Sylvia probably could have.

I don't dislike Cain at all, but I don't buy the hype yet. Rogan can sell his fluid standup to someone else. To me he's another wrestler transistioning successfully to MMA, just in the Heavyweight division where there's actually been less dominant wrestlers than most divisions.
    test
  7. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

Though I must say, I had Nog beating Cain 10/10 times. I knew Nog could be tko'd but I didn't think Cain had it in him.
    test
  8. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

rip, you wonderful chin.
    test
  9. Jenga

Jenga New Member

LOL you having Nog winning 10/10 says alot actually.
    test
  10. Knowledge

Knowledge Guest

I don't like the result but I claimed this prediction in the MMA section before the fight as well... Nog's boxing has just been sloppy last few fights...
    test
  11. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I gotta disagree. Nobody has Fedor's ground and pound in MMA and Hendo did it but what happened when he went in? haha... Got subbed.

And I agree with your second paragraph. I do think he's proven to be elite but his stand up hasn't sold me yet... Again, Kongo dropped him twice in like 2 minutes. Maybe even less.
    test
  12. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

also, the japanese don't stop fights as early as the UFC. Japanese refs gave 2 shits about the fighters.

Nog is just too slow now
    test
  13. DisFunction

DisFunction New Member

bwhahahahahahha @ mir #1
    test
  14. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

nogs taken to much punishment to the head, if anyone will have problems with age and shit like dementia it'll be him, guaranteed
    test
  15. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Yes, Nog will likely end up punch drunk, and unfortunately, so will Saku.

Also, ROFL @ ranking Mir #1.
    test
  16. Jenga

Jenga New Member

LOL ok, I will be upping this thread when Mir beats Carwin, and then again when he beats Lesnar...
    test
  17. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

You don't based rankings on who you think would win, it's about who's actually winning. It's not about potential, it's about in ring results.
    test
  18. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

I still think Chuck shows signs. There's a good argument that it's actually the drinking and whatnot, but look how vibrant he was once upon a time...

[youtube]g_o6cfRaG8g[/youtube]
    test
  19. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

JDS has been far more impressive than Carwin and Mir imo. Not really sure why beating cup cheick kongo propels you into instant title contention.

JDS has been rolling through people like they're not shit. Now that Big Nog's out of title contention, I think they should start putting their chips on him.
    test
  20. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Because whether you like Kongo or not, IN A STAND UP FIGHT, he'd beat 95% of the heavyweights. And Mir just knocked his fuckin' head off.

Let's also include him looking incredible against Nog also.... I still don't take the bullshit ass staph infection excuse. He looked no different than he did last night against Mir except Mir's stronger than Velazquez is.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.