been published (step in)

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by birdawg, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdawg

birdawg New Member

Hello, I'm working on a book with some of my friends. It's going to be an anthology but it's going to be different, the title being "more than anthologies". I'm going to write the manuscript as soon as I have all my ideas straight.....

I was wondering on tips about getting published, who do I send the work to so that they can decide what happens to it?

How do I get single pieces published, so that we get our names around?

--I know that it's better to start with small printing presses like universities and what not so if you know of any that accept armature poetry can you drop links....

**I'm working on a poem now called "orbs"....It's about my girl friends eyes, I'll post it as soon as it's done....

Thank you...
    ~peace!~
    test
  2. Justin85

Justin85 True Poetical Emcee

what I did when I first got published was when I was Like, a junior I showed one of my poems to a person that works at the school and she told me she can get me hooked up and get it published in the high school news paper.. so that was my first publication was gettin a piece i wrote published in the high school newspaper. That got my name out some around the school.. I mean, just look around your area.. and look for opportunitys..
    test
  3. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

get an agent like if you where an actor but thats expensive, so go to an english teacher in a university or college talk to them and they will know someone thats what i did. Even if u dont actually go to that school, if your friendly and a nice writter they should help.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.