Beats By DRE ...

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by poloboy, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poloboy

poloboy New Member

whuttup ... I feel like the beats by dre phones are a bit overpriced for what they actually are worth (audio/sound) ... not hatin, but I'm actually a bit disapointed cause I think you can get big name phones with way better sound for way less ... Is is just me ?! ... I actually think the whole brand is damn cool & and the sound is cool too, but in my oppinion they could've done a better job with dre givin his name ... what yall think ?!
    test
  2. Temp_Guest2

Temp_Guest2 Dope Lyricist/Producer

I had a pair of the in-ear phones and at first I could notice a difference in the lows/highs but that novelty wore off...

I don't think they're worth the price honestly. They're more of a fashion item...
    test
  3. Shawn Phillips

Shawn Phillips Area905

my cousin has the $400 and they are 100% worth it.. the best headphones for the price
    test
  4. Stash

Stash R.I.P Point Game

the DT990 Pro takes a shit on Dre beats
    test
  5. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

In general "Monster" anything is going to come with an overinflated price.. the cost being so high for the dre beats is a little misleading.. gives the impression that the cost = the quality of sound.. but that's not really true.. you're paying for the extras like the fact the cord is detachable from the headphones (comes with a second cord that includes phone capabilities).. You're paying for the case.. you're paying for the materials, which I will say are more durable then a lot of the much cheaper, but equal quality cans.. you're paying for the fold away ear cups.. etc.. all the extras.. and last but CERTAINLY not least.. you're paying Dre and monster..

All that being said.. I am looking forward to hearing the newest Dre Beats "Pro".. I had high hopes for these things.. they seemed to correct all the right things in all the articles I read about their development.. which originally they were to be called "spin," and were going to be aimed at Dj's.. they've since decided to change it to "pro" .. the name alone will appeal to a much wider variety.. naming it spin would have scared away studio engineers.. so I'm curious if they will stand up in the battle of cans.. problem is.. they never got released.. the release date has been pushed back just like "Detox." Let's hope it doesn't take more than a decade to find out the low down on the beats pro
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.